UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Was it a game update or a system update? I ask because you have it on Xbox and I have it on PS3 and I had to do a system update that was on the disk because I don't have my PS3 on the internet in any capacity. As for the little glitches in the game think of the scope and size of the code that is going into these games. There is no way to catch them all and they don't really effect gameplay, and in my experience it isn't a constant thing, so there is little to no rush to fix them.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I couldn't tell you, but I did have to connect to internet. Which is a pain. My modem is in another room, and I have to pull out the long ethernet cable across the house to do any of the damn updates. Because of that, I still haven't acquired my exclusive golden guns that I have a code for.

Yeah, given that, I wonder how it is that the XBox version has higher res graphics. . .this is the 2nd game where that fact helped convince me to buy the XBox version.

came across a trailer for a Batman Brave & Bold game coming out. looks like and old style arcade side scroller like TMNT or X-men.

I'll wait for the game to get reviewed before buying but it having an Earth-2 style robin is a bonus to me.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/100819.html

I have FINALLY gotten gold in side misson's for every race in modnation racers.I say finally because the first time I almost beat story I made it to the final championship.I then shut off the psp to go to bed,I woke up and to my suprise,it last auto saved at championship 2.The second time,I made it to championship 3.But when I was about to drift the psp put the home menu on and I then I returned to my psp home.The 3 rd time I beat it.The past week I have redone every level and get first in every sub mission.Now I have to do the mod jobs.I got 43/51 so far.So you can probably tell by my post that the game is addicting.I only have 2 problems.The 1st is the drifting.It is exact same problem about the controls.The second you drift you fly into a wall.2nd is that they could have took away the lift after setting track feature and add lift when you are laying tracks so you can overlap tracks.Oh yeah

I DIDNT GET KRATOS FOR PREORDERING THE GAME AND I PICKED IT UP WHEN EBGAMES OPENED!

Important!Modnation racers is a psp game where you need a code to go online so buy it new.

Edited by darkredshdow

I just got the PS3 version.

is it good?

Seems to play better than the demo did. Had to play through a race before you could access the menu and multiplayer. Haven't had enough time to give it the full run through though.

Pretty fun if you like kart games though.

I just got the PS3 version.

is it good?

Seems to play better than the demo did. Had to play through a race before you could access the menu and multiplayer. Haven't had enough time to give it the full run through though.

Pretty fun if you like kart games though.

oh ok.thanks

I've been playing a game called Planetstorm for months now until today. I played it at work today (actually got the highest rating I've ever got), pulled it up this afternoon at home and it's gone. The company shut it down with no advance notice. Not that the specifics mean much to anyone who hadn't played, but Ifinally placed in the top 10 players today, had accomplished almost all of the achievements (more than most anyone I know of on the site) and was headed towards a number one spot soon. It was one of those moments that points out how totally meaningless all the accomplishments made in games really are. I really have learned a lesson from this-I've already switched to a game ran by a company with better support and more players.

I had absolutely no concept of 'what you guys talk about here' so I paid big bucks on ebay last week for what I believe might be something you guys are missing out on. This is sensational state of the art stuff & I must confess I haven't played anything as good as this since I was a boy. The graphics are somewhat fuzzy but the guy who sold me this whole set up....hard/software ....said that it was 'analogue' which I guess is like 3D . I hit high scores early & was pleased with the soundtrack which sounded awesome on my top of the range mono tannoy speaker. I've posted a few of my more interesting 'moves' on this youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPkUvfL8T1I but I have my doubts if you guys will be able to get past level 1.

Enjoy!

I had absolutely no concept of 'what you guys talk about here' so I paid big bucks on ebay last week for what I believe might be something you guys are missing out on. This is sensational state of the art stuff & I must confess I haven't played anything as good as this since I was a boy. The graphics are somewhat fuzzy but the guy who sold me this whole set up....hard/software ....said that it was 'analogue' which I guess is like 3D . I hit high scores early & was pleased with the soundtrack which sounded awesome on my top of the range mono tannoy speaker. I've posted a few of my more interesting 'moves' on this youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPkUvfL8T1I but I have my doubts if you guys will be able to get past level 1.

Enjoy!

The later levels are pretty fun if you can make it that far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkzK9q_FcH0...feature=related

WOOHHO battlefield bad company 2 VIETNAM!I cant wait to download the DLC.Anybody else think that the trailer kinds remind you of forrest gump.OH YEA they used the song when forrest was in

The vietnam war

Edited by darkredshdow

WOOHHO battlefield bad company 2 VIETNAM!I cant wait to download the DLC.Anybody else think that the trailer kinds remind you of forrest gump.OH YEA they used the song when forrest was in

The vietnam war

Vietnam war media loves that song for some reason. I dunno. But the song is Fortunate Son by CCR and it's one of my favorites.

Pretty good can't wait to continue as J.Marston

I see what you did there... B)

But yeah, RRR was an amazing gaming experience.

What things (if any) would you change for the next one?

I would like to see more complicated treasure maps, but I thought it was great how they handled that. Maybe it was just me, but when I was in the snowy forest area, I kept thinking how cool would a random Bigfoot encouter be? Same with Mexico, they could have added a rare Chupacabra for the skinning hunts. Sure it would have been out of context with the game, but still would have been fun. :)

I doubt they'll do it, but I would LOVE for Rockstar to develop a futuristic sand box game, set on a different planet. Just think, flying cars, laser guns, jetpacks, weird aliens! They would finally have freedom to do whatever they want without having to stick to a set location/time period/etc.

I too finally beat Red Dead Last night. It was amazing, seriously one of the better games that I've played this generation. I loved every minute of it. Without sharing spoilers, there were about 3 suprises that I didn't exactly see coming and I think the game is better for it. Well done. The story is over but I'm still not 100%, so that is my next goal!

As for a sequel, I feel confident Rockstar will do one. The game is great and has sold very well. Honestly, I wouldn't really change much. I think the AI needs to be upped a little, especially with my flippin horse. He would litteraly run away from me when I was running at him to get on.....it was annoying, lol. And of course, the Bugs. But overall I'd just like to see the story continue just like it is, with more Redemption coming! Oh, and I would like to see some more varied towns. I liked the drastic difference from Armadillo to Blackwater. And we know our "Hero" is going to be looking to the east. It would be cool to keep the Map we have and then maybe add an Eastern Map that you travel to that has more technology and almost a different world for the time. Maybe also a west coast Map where you can do some Beach stuff. And finally, the ability to SWIM!! I can't stand games that don't let you swim, it frustrates me to no end. "I'm running on a dock trying not to die and turn to sharp, fall into the water and swim to safety.....right?!?!" Come on!! Assassin's Creed fixed this in part 2, I'm hoping Red Dead does as well.

Well, there is still the 100% to do and the Multiplayer, so Red Dead still has a lot of legs. I'm also still working on Galaxy 2 and I'm picking up ModNation and InFamous over the weekend, so I'll be busy. neo

Well, I had a great weekend. With Red Dead behind me I was looking for something to play over the weekend. Being Father's Day me and my Brother-In-Law always hit up some Co-Op stuff. Last year it was World at War, previous to that it's been Halo games. Anyway, I picked up the first Gears of War game for us to play. I've never played any of the Gears game and honestly I have never had any interest in them. But we gave it a go on Sunday. I have to say there was a slight learning curve for me to get comfortable. It's very gritty and sensitive, but after several hours we have really started to get into it. We are going to work our way through 1 and then 2 so we can be ready when 3 drops. I also have to say I was very pleased to find a content filter that cuts out the blood!

Other than that I've still been spending time with Mario Galaxy 2, SoulSilver, and ModNation Racers. And I will be honest, I'm really eyeing that new Toy Story game.....has anyone picked it up yet?? neo

War... For... CYBERTRON!!!

Played the Demo..............no thanks!

Also, just as a public service announcement, they released a Co-Op pack for Red Dead today on XBL. It's 8 new co op missions, and it's FREE!!

neo

I'm nearing the end of Red Dead Redemption. Maybe they can dial back the animals a bit in the next one. There are parts of the map that I don't want to go because of it, and I can't tell if its intentional or glitches regarding spawn points, but I've never heard of a pack of a half dozen bears attacking a single person before, and was unaware that cougars attacked in small armies.

Speaking of dialing back, the random encounters could probably happen a little less frequently. You ride out to pick a couple flowers for the survivalist stuff, and end up killing a pack of wolves, saving a woman from being hung, stop a horse thief, and run into an ambush, all along the same stretch of road. I know it keeps the game interesting, but its like the substitute cellphone from GTA4. Sometimes you just want to do your own thing without being hassled every 5 seconds.

Probably wouldn't hurt to bring in a few new writers for the scenarios a bit, since some of the general plot mirrors just about every GTA game since GTA3.

Finally, a few more choices wouldn't be a bad thing either. You can play as a villain or a hero, but the storyline pretty much only plays out as a hero. Maybe you can have the choice of helping the Mexican army or the Rebels. Maybe have a few alternate ideas on how to get into Fort Mercer. Maybe have a branching story where you can be the hero riding into town to round up the badguys, or be the villain who is building a gang to rule the frontier. It would probably increase the replay factor, but I guess most games now rely on multiplayer to keep the game interesting.