UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Has anyone played Crackdown 2? My buddy keeps talking to me about picking it up, but I just don't know anything about it. Especially with Halo Reach coming out and having so many other games to finish up with :unsure: Opinions would be appreciated ;)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a good PSN update yesterday. Picked up PixelJunk Shooter for $5 and Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess for $2.50 and also Marvel Pack 3 for LittleBigPlanet which includes Captain America. I'm also looking forward to next week, Scott Pilgrim Vs the World and Madden 11. Good times again! neo

Edited by neolego

So, I've been playing quite a bit of PixelJunk Shooter and it's Fantastic! I can't believe I missed this when it released. I was so Xbox Heavy I didn't even realize what this game was. I have been sinking some time into it now though and it's a blast!

I also picked up 3D Dot Game Heroes finally and I also LOVE that game. It's just like classic Zelda, almost down to the music. It's a huge fanboy dream come true, Classic Zelda in HD. I spent most of my time yesterday making my hero. I made Shinkengold from Shinkenger, and I think he turned out pretty good. I only played for a little while after that because I lost about 2 hours in the edit room. This is probably going to consume most of my weekend now!

I did also download Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess but haven't even booted it up yet. With Shooter and 3D Dot, I've been busy. Plus, Madden and Scott Pilgrim comes out Tuesday.........and so the busy season starts!

neo

I'm still shooting people in the face on Bad Company 2, but I've been playing ALOT of Dragon Quest 9 on the DS.

It's phenomenal!!

And, i recently did something that I hadn't done before. I FINALLY got all of the achievements on a 360 game.

And that game was Fallout 3 and all of the DLC packs for it. Now I'm just chomping at the bit for New Vegas.

I'm still shooting people in the face on Bad Company 2, but I've been playing ALOT of Dragon Quest 9 on the DS.

It's phenomenal!!

And, i recently did something that I hadn't done before. I FINALLY got all of the achievements on a 360 game.

And that game was Fallout 3 and all of the DLC packs for it. Now I'm just chomping at the bit for New Vegas.

I havent really been playing anything lately, I oddly never seem to have the time :(

I must admit I prefer bad company to MW2, it just gives me much more room to play how I want to play, my reactions aren't up to all of the 10 yr olds on there so I have to make up for it with being damn sneaky! - engineer is my fave class and there is nothing as much fun as watching a tank full of enemy guys who think they just blasted into your base drive over a well placed mine :)

I'm also really looking forward to New Vegas as I feel that I need a good adventure to get my teeth into, I do wish bethesda would get to work on a new Eldar Scrolls though.

T.

It's phenomenal!!

I havent really been playing anything lately, I oddly never seem to have the time :(

I must admit I prefer bad company to MW2, it just gives me much more room to play how I want to play, my reactions aren't up to all of the 10 yr olds on there so I have to make up for it with being damn sneaky! - engineer is my fave class and there is nothing as much fun as watching a tank full of enemy guys who think they just blasted into your base drive over a well placed mine :)

I'm also really looking forward to New Vegas as I feel that I need a good adventure to get my teeth into, I do wish bethesda would get to work on a new Eldar Scrolls though.

T.

I haven't had much time to play BC2 either. I am perfectly happy making a marksman headshot from half the map away on some poor fool who thinks that he's going to see the end of the battle.

I pre-ordered the collector's edition of New Vegas so I can play some poker :D

I would LOVE a new Elder Scrolls game too.

I've not played Little Big Planet but I stumble across this site showing Marvel costume packs. I think they look quite cool. There a few links at the bottom showing more costumes and a Watchman pack.

http://littlebigplanetnation.com/2010/07/0...-costume-kit-1/

Dude, there are several really cool LBP sets. There are 3 Marvel Sets....of course they split the main 3 I wanted into each seperate pack (Iron Man in Pack 1, Thor in Pack 2, and Cap in Pack 3). They also have, like the said Watchmen. They have a really cool Pirates set. And, I think my favorite is the Incredibles Pack.

So, yesterday was Maddenoliday, a day I enjoy every year! It also happens to be the same day Scott Pilgrim dropped on the PSN.

Madden first. There has been a lot of hate on Madden, but I guess there is every year. I'm actually OK with it being basically the same game. Every year I look for small improvements to make the game that I love to play better.......not a different game. The hate comes from people that are tired of the same game over and over and I can see their point. It's funny, I always think about Sonic when these conversations come up. Sonic was one of my favorite 16 bit games......now I can't get a decent Sonic game if my life depended on it. We've had hoverboard racing and werehogs. Seriously, if the game works don't break it just to say it's different. And I feel that way about Madden. I don't want a "Brand New Experience", I don't want First Person Football, I don't want 2K anything. Really, I love Madden and Buy it and Play it every year because I love it. This year is no different. Sure, it's not perfect, but the new Playflow is awesome! Cutting down the time it takes to play a game is fantastic, and maybe my favorite feature ever in a Madden game! At the same time, basically unchanging the Super Star or Franchise mode is a bit of a letdown, but all in all I'm satisfied with the game and can't wait to get my Franchise started.

On the other hand, a little PSN game called Scott Pilgrim drew some of my attention as well. After a few football games, I wanted to switch gears. The PS3 screen filled with the WONDERFUL art showing the band playing before you even boot up the game is enough to captivate even the casual gamer. From the moment you turn the game on, something just feels familiar about it.....in a very good way. It is basically a Beat'em up in the thread of "Double Dragon" or "River City Ransom" or many of the TMNT games. So, I get started last night with Scott, of course, and I have to say I was addicted right away. I didn't want to put the game down. This is clearly one of the best games that I've played all year. I can't say enough about this game or reccommend it high enough. It's $10 and worth every dime. Best PSN game by a mile, in my opinion.

So, it was a very happy day. I look forward to spending a lot of time with Scott this week as well as kicking off my Franchise by trading Tebow to the Jags....where he should have went in the first place :). neo

There are tons of costumes available in Little Big Planet:

http://www.littlebigplanet.com/en-us/game_...adable_content/

On top of that, we know there's a 4th Marvel pack coming next week that'll have Hulk, Punisher, Magneto, Green Goblin, and Storm.

In other news, I played the demo for Scott Pilgrim, and it reminds me of how terrible I am at arcade games. Might be more fun with other players to help cover my horrible gameplay skills. I'm not buying it though until I get better at it.

There are tons of costumes available in Little Big Planet:

http://www.littlebigplanet.com/en-us/game_...adable_content/

On top of that, we know there's a 4th Marvel pack coming next week that'll have Hulk, Punisher, Magneto, Green Goblin, and Storm.

In other news, I played the demo for Scott Pilgrim, and it reminds me of how terrible I am at arcade games. Might be more fun with other players to help cover my horrible gameplay skills. I'm not buying it though until I get better at it.

Well, right now, Scott Pilgrim in Offline Co-Op only. But from what I ready, I think there is a patch at the end of the month that takes it online, 4 player Co-Op. If you are still into it then maybe you can get it and we can kick it together. I'm sure I'll still be playing it then!!

Also, thanks for the heads up on Pack 4......Magneto and Green Goblin sound good! neo

Well, right now, Scott Pilgrim in Offline Co-Op only. But from what I ready, I think there is a patch at the end of the month that takes it online, 4 player Co-Op. If you are still into it then maybe you can get it and we can kick it together. I'm sure I'll still be playing it then!!

I'll be giving it another try, and will probably end up buying it, whether I get better or not. I was reading through some of the help options, so I have a better idea of what to do. For instance, I didn't know that L1 and R1 did anything.

:D just bought the scott pilgrim game and even though im terrible i FREAKING LOVE THIS GAME!! also i cant wait till tuesday for the 4th and final marvel lbp pack today they revealed storm!!!

:D just bought the scott pilgrim game and even though im terrible i FREAKING LOVE THIS GAME!! also i cant wait till tuesday for the 4th and final marvel lbp pack today they revealed storm!!!

Did you ever get the 4x area in the Marvel level kit?

no i kinda gave up after awhile. ps wolverine has been such a great addition to my sackboy costumes! he's helped me make over 5 new costumes

Well, I had a decent Game weekend. I played quite a bit more of Scott Pilgrim, I am loving that game. I do finally have 1 complaint though, if you run out of lives you start over at the beginning. I like the more classic model, as in TMNT Arcade, where you can continue and jump right back where you left off. While that is not popular for the hardcore crowd, it's better for me :). But as I level up I get further and further, which I guess is the point!

I also started my annual Franchises in Madden. I always take the Jags (Hometown team) and the Cowboys (Team Previous to Jags, and current residence). First thing I did with the Jags was trade my back up QB and a 1st round pick to the Broncos for Tim Tebow. He's a hometown hero and I had to see him throwing for the Jags. I played my first week with both teams and both won, although the Boys verses the Skins came close with McNabb leading them now. Still, I love this Madden, and I love Gameflow.

Finally, I went back to Joe Danger a bit and enjoyed it for a while last night. That really is a fun PSN title. Since I sold my Xbox and PS3 only, I have been enjoying games that I missed intially like Joe Danger and PixelJunk Shooter. The PSN, while still behind XBLA right now, is still pretty solid with quite a few really great games. And speaking of the PSN, Top Gun comes out tomorrow and then the Lara Croft game comes out in a few weeks, so I'm really looking forward to both of those!

Edit: I also played through a few more levels of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, which I missed the first time around. That game is actually great, maybe the best Star Wars game I've ever played (besides the LEGO games of course ;) ). Anyway, I am really digging this game and the more I play the more I am looking forward to part 2. By the way, does anyone know how the DLC for Star Wars: TFU is? I have seen there are tattooine levels or something like that. Anyway play that before?

I guess that's it. Anyone here play Madden on the PS3? Looking for some Online action.

neo

Edited by neolego

Keep in mind the reason for TMNT having that feature, though--it was an arcade game, where the manufacturer wanted kids to keep pumping in quarters. For console games, if you can keep continuing where you left off, unless the game is insanely difficult, the challenge is gone quickly, the game is beaten quickly, and that's that. Imagine if that feature existed for the original Double Dragon for the NES. It would be easy to beat. Even if you could start on a given board. That's probably why the creators of this game you refer to made that decision.

Having said that, I think a middle ground might be best. Like Mike Tyson's Punch Out. If you lost a match, you got a re-match. But if you lost again, you had to go back several matches and work your way back up to the opponent. That made the game more difficult and challenging, while not making you start over from the very beginning.

Keep in mind the reason for TMNT having that feature, though--it was an arcade game, where the manufacturer wanted kids to keep pumping in quarters. For console games, if you can keep continuing where you left off, unless the game is insanely difficult, the challenge is gone quickly, the game is beaten quickly, and that's that. Imagine if that feature existed for the original Double Dragon for the NES. It would be easy to beat. Even if you could start on a given board. That's probably why the creators of this game you refer to made that decision.

Having said that, I think a middle ground might be best. Like Mike Tyson's Punch Out. If you lost a match, you got a re-match. But if you lost again, you had to go back several matches and work your way back up to the opponent. That made the game more difficult and challenging, while not making you start over from the very beginning.

Yeah, the Punch Out route would have worked nicely. Or, even seperate it by difficulty. Easy would be continue anywhere, Normal would be like Punch Out, and Hard would be like it is now. But, nevertheless it is how it is. Even with that minor complaint I still love it. And I agree, I would have probably beaten the game already if it wasn't the way it is, but since it is I'm still working on level 4.....and loving every minute :D. neo

I'm still on level 1. I beat the first evil ex, but I keep replaying the level in order to boost my money and my stats. Apparently, if you can afford to shop in Wallace's hidden shop, you can give the game difficulty a kick in the junk. I'm just trying to save up enough to pay off the video store debt so I can buy extra lives.

In other news, I've just started playing Borderlands on PC.

I got lbp a couple days ago and ive been loving it!The customazation is great,and the levels online are great!The olny bad part I the selfish ppl online that make you die and then they got the rewards :angry:

I have also been playing burnout paradise for like 2 months now,and i love it!The delorean DLC is the best DLC ever!

I have played the demo for scott pilgrim and its great!Next time I get a psn card I have to download it.

I also played the demo for mafia 2,its cool and all,but dont look open a magizine if your with anyone....

I got lbp a couple days ago and ive been loving it!The customazation is great,and the levels online are great!The olny bad part I the selfish ppl online that make you die and then they got the rewards :angry:

If I'm not mistaken, you should be getting the prizes too (assuming you have that option turned on in your profile options), even if you aren't the one picking them up. You don't get the score for the scoreboard at the end, but you do get the prizes from the prize bubbles.

As far as the people online killing you, just play with different players.

If I'm not mistaken, you should be getting the prizes too (assuming you have that option turned on in your profile options), even if you aren't the one picking them up. You don't get the score for the scoreboard at the end, but you do get the prizes from the prize bubbles.

play with me xD psn toddingram

Oh ok Thanks!I like prizes :D

And ill add u robomate.

Any DLC you guys reccomend?I got the Pirates of the carribean level dlc and the incredibles costume pack,and I bought the game of the year so i have the history level{156 PRIZES AND THEY REQUIRE LITTLE TO NO SKILL=AWESOME!}It also has the monster outfit pack with the monster train and the metal gear solid pack.

And last but not least,If I make A level with the metal gear solid backround and water from the pirates of the carribean pack,Will people without that dlc see it?Cuz I notice something popping up in some levels saying you do not have {certain dlc} and has allot of text,but I can not read it in the like 3 seconds it gives you to read it.

Edited by darkredshdow

Oh ok Thanks!I like prizes :D

And ill add u robomate.

Any DLC you guys reccomend?I got the Pirates of the carribean level dlc and the incredibles costume pack,and I bought the game of the year so i have the history level{156 PRIZES AND THEY REQUIRE LITTLE TO NO SKILL=AWESOME!}It also has the monster outfit pack with the monster train and the metal gear solid pack.

And last but not least,If I make A level with the metal gear solid backround and water from the pirates of the carribean pack,Will people without that dlc see it?Cuz I notice something popping up in some levels saying you do not have {certain dlc} and has allot of text,but I can not read it in the like 3 seconds it gives you to read it.

they can stil see and enjoy every aspect of your level they just cant collect(and use) any items that have an element of the dlc in them. also recomended dlc would be the marvel costumes are really fun the level kit is sort of a waste and the animal packs are fun