UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate panel at NYCC

There was a bit more of a drought on new stuff than I expected. I thought they were evenly doling out out new protos between Toyfair and NYCC, but it looks like they pretty much blew their load in February.

I'm surprised they didn't show anything for the Hulk wave. I really hope that doesn't mean that wave will be delayed until December (a la Spidey 3) and push wave 23 (and 24?) back to next February. I'll be a sad monkey if the Iron Man mates are it for this year...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kinda hard for me to get excited about anymore Hulk and Iron Man 'mates...however, I definitely want a Wasp and Pym. Are the FA Avengers an upcoming line or a box set? Does anybody know?

Iron Cow says box set. Wasp & Pym sounds like a very British tailor or a very NY aperitif. I'm afraid that if you can't get excited about Iron Man 'mates....there's little hope :(

Edited by buttheadsmate

Yay! the FA set is great, so we can get non-zombie versions of Hank and Jan. Heros Mates has me very exitcted!, but endding the Zombie line does not. I want to the Con, but on Sat and Sun, so I had no idea about these. All I saw was stuff shown at Toyfair. (although I hadn't seen the Rocky 3 mates before... Mr. T :mrt: and Hulk Hogan!! YES!!) :spiderham:

Edited by Skids

Iron Cow confirmed that the Kirby avengers are a box set. So is this a stand alone box set or an SDCC exclusive they mentioned?

Hey! No I didn't! =)

Honestly, the first I'd heard of the Kirby Avengers set was at the panel itself. I thought it was said it was a boxed set, but I wouldn't say 100% (mainly since I was too busy checking out the designs). Still, since 5 were shown, I think that lends itself nicely to a boxed set. An actual wave would probably have the standard 8 figures.

Still, very excited to see those! They definitely look fun.

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

Here's the report from Wizard:

At thier New York Comic Con MiniMates Panel Friday, Diamond Select Director Chuck Terceira answered questions about a possible future MiniMates properties and described their making Heroes MiniMates as "more likely than not." When asked about Buffy, Angel and Serenity Minimates, he said "maybe", "maybe" and "no." He also said that they'd talked to Lucasfilm about doing Star Wars and Indiana Jones MiniMates, but it was too close to Lego's designs for Lucasfilm to say yes.

The panel also mentioned plans for San Diego Comic Con exclusive MiniMates box sets, but didn't reveal details.

They did reveal a Jack-Kirby-inspired Avengers box set, which will feature extra pieces to convert the characters into different versions of themselves. It will be available through Previews in October or November.

The set will include:

Jack Kirby Hulk

Gold Iron Man (with extended hammer attachment and removeable helmet)

Ant-Man (with parts to convert him to Giant Man)

Wasp (with parts to change the figure to the first, second or third Wasp costume)

Link to the source.

Here's the report from Wizard:

At thier New York Comic Con MiniMates Panel Friday, Diamond Select Director Chuck Terceira answered questions about a possible future MiniMates properties and described their making Heroes MiniMates as "more likely than not." When asked about Buffy, Angel and Serenity Minimates, he said "maybe", "maybe" and "no." He also said that they'd talked to Lucasfilm about doing Star Wars and Indiana Jones MiniMates, but it was too close to Lego's designs for Lucasfilm to say yes.

The panel also mentioned plans for San Diego Comic Con exclusive MiniMates box sets, but didn't reveal details.

They did reveal a Jack-Kirby-inspired Avengers box set, which will feature extra pieces to convert the characters into different versions of themselves. It will be available through Previews in October or November.

The set will include:

Jack Kirby Hulk

Wasp (with parts to change the figure to the first, second or third Wasp costume)

That is great news, I guess the real question is what am I going to do with all the extra Iron Men and Hulks after I buy a minimum of three of these sets.

The set will include:

Jack Kirby Hulk

Yeah, it looks like I'm buying three sets then. Lots of Hulk parts to use in customs, then...

What a great idea to get more money from us! I will be getting 3 so that I can have all the Wasp variants displayed simultaneously, anyway.

Edited by karamazov80

What a great idea to get more money from us! I will be getting 3 so that I can have all the Wasp variants displayed simultaneously, anyway.

Food for thought.... what if you swapped in a clear minimate head on some of the Wasps? You could essentially create a closet of all her costumes, or outfit display. Just in case you wanted some variety?

I always wanted to do that with my Batman Minimates (sort of similar to the outfit in the vault from the first Tim Burton movie), but you get the idea..

I'm surprised they didn't show anything for the Hulk wave. I really hope that doesn't mean that wave will be delayed until December (a la Spidey 3) and push wave 23 (and 24?) back to next February. I'll be a sad monkey if the Iron Man mates are it for this year...

There seems to be a real lack of promotion for the Hulk compared to past Marvel movies, and of course the current inescapable Iron Man. I get the feeling that Marvel is really not all that confident about this one. I wouldn't be surprised if they're holding off on these to see how the rest of the merch does.

Food for thought.... what if you swapped in a clear minimate head on some of the Wasps? You could essentially create a closet of all her costumes, or outfit display. Just in case you wanted some variety?

I always wanted to do that with my Batman Minimates (sort of similar to the outfit in the vault from the first Tim Burton movie), but you get the idea..

I did something like that with the batman suit just used a green wwla blank, as spare clear bodies are rare for me lol

Jeff of the Miniacs

As I was drivig home from class today, dreaming of my three box sets of Jack kirby mates. It dawned on me. the only figure that is needed to get out from the target wave is the Unmasked Green goblin figure. then that brought me thinking about the Civil war set (which I'm ordering this weekend), and the fact that there will be a exclusive at SDCC. Well Green goblin is in Thunderbolts. Maybe the exclusive will be a thunderbolts box set. ????

Thunderbolts!!!! Yay! I like ths theory. I currently subscribe to Thunderbolts and I need some of these guys inmini form so i can go and beat the hell out of these annoying unregistered heroes.

The pack must be like this:

Unmasked Goblin

Swordsman

Penance

BLACK Bullseye

and Radioactive man to round it out.

Why no Venom? We've had about four Venoms by now and Radioactive man is more important now anyway.

Why o Zemo? He's not currently in the Thunderbolts.