UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Super Power Would YOU Have?

Dan

If you could have any super power, what would it be?

The rules are you can only have ONE power, and please don't say "My power would be to have whatever power I wanted at that time."

Personally I would have Invisibility. So many situations could be avoided by being able to turn invisible. You could go anywhere and do anything, and no-one would know you were there.

Even the girls changing rooms wouldn't be off-limits then :P

So what would you guys have?

telekinesis! With the right application of that power you could essentially fly AND have a version of super strength. lol I was jsut talking about this power with my ex-roommate last night. I decided if i hd enough TK i'd pull the moon down a few hundred/thoughsand feet, freak everyone out and ransom the world.

telekinesis! With the right application of that power you could essentially fly AND have a version of super strength. lol I was jsut talking about this power with my ex-roommate last night. I decided if i hd enough TK i'd pull the moon down a few hundred/thoughsand feet, freak everyone out and ransom the world.

Haha! Nice! That would mess up the Earth's gravity and start destroying stuff! I suppose it would take years to get your power to that level though, plus I could turn invisible and creep up on you and stop you. :P

I have given this tons of thought especially given my life situation...I am a dad of 4 about to be 5 as well as husband and full time student so my super power definatly would have to be Multiple Mans...the ability to create extras of my self would sure be handy in my life...especially when it comes down to stuff like taking care of my very pregnant wife and sick children and still make it to class lol....but seriusly who wouldnt love to be able to do that....need a hand moving stuff youve always got as much help as you need....although I could do without the current quirks his power has lol...I know it is not as flashy as flight or strength or speed but it is definatly the most practical in my life!

Jeff of the Minis

Teleportation (I do live in LA after all, and the commute's a bitch). Or selective mind-reading ablities-I'd need to be able to turn it off or I'd go nuts.

Teleportation (I do live in LA after all, and the commute's a bitch). Or selective mind-reading ablities-I'd need to be able to turn it off or I'd go nuts.

No fair you just stole my answer... Perhaps your mindreading is real :blink:

I'd have said teleportation, I live in San Diego, and was just working out the logistics If I wanted to spend xmas with my family in the UK, and it sucks!

The company I work for has all of it's offices on the east coast and I could work from the office there and then teleport back to sunny San Diego for evenings and weekends. Not to mention I have friends in lots of far flung places and it'd cool to be able to just drop in on them.

Oh and I'd never have to deal with taxi drivers ever again ;)

T.

My first choice, right away, was Peter's power from Heroes. However, a ) that was kinda against the rules b ) all the powers and all) and B) there is no such thing as superpowers so if I was the only one, Peter's power would be extremely pointless!

So, in thinking about it more, I would have to go with Hiro's power. The power to bend Space and Time. There are SO many uses for this power, both good and bad, but all accessable. For me, I'm a history buff. To be able to sit off to the side and watch the Red Sea part, or to see the Atom Bomb drop, or be able to sit in the crowd as Lincoln enjoy's his last show, or watch Ben Franklin discover electricity, or be there for Woodstock. There are just so many events in history I would love to attend. Then, what if you could stop those things, what if the Towers never fell or Pearl Harbor was evacuated a day early? What kind of impact could you have. And, as we've seen on Heroes, to can be used for teleportation and there is no telling what else. Or, what about that moment when you know something bad is going to happen, just to stop it in mid frame! Of course, there are SO many questions as to what can you change or what can you not and what the end result would be. However, in the end I would like to find the answers! So, I'll go with Bending Space and Time and everything that includes! neo

Time travel is a picky subject and something I regularly have debates about. Changing history, such as Pearl Harbour as an example, would mean thousands more people alive today, through the people who died children etc. Imagine out of those thousands, there was one, worse than any tyrant we've seen so far, and he did far more damage to the world than the Japanese did to the American. How would you be able to live with yourself, knowing you'd brought this evil on world? Also with more people there would be less jobs available and a higher food comsumption, so life would suck that little bit more. Also they'd be more people buying my Minimates!

This is just one example.

Time Travel to watch = Okay

Time Travel to meddle = Big NO-NO!

I had also thought of Peter's power first, but as you said, would be useless without other super powered beings. I could already have that power, and just not met anyone else with powers. Anyone of us could! :lol:

Time travel is a picky subject and something I regularly have debates about. Changing history, such as Pearl Harbour as an example, would mean thousands more people alove today, through the people who died children etc. Imagine out of those thousands, there was one, worse than any tyrant we've seen so far, and he did far more damage to the world than the Japanese did to the American. How would you be able to live with yourself, knowing you'd brought this evil on world?

Isn't meddling with the past and reaping unintended consequences half the fun of time travel? My latent anarchic sensibilities make me think that I would experience a kind of perverse joy in defying the natural order.

What about Kensei Takezho (Adam's) power or Wolverines? The ability to heal from ANYTHING (short of a blast in the head, apparently (Kensei), and live forever! Sounds pretty sweet to me, you'd win every fight/battle, and you can collect tons of minimates long in to the future! ;)

I'd get bored of living forever personally. It would be cool to heal from any wound though.

maybe this would be a big cheat but i want the power to use every power correctly that i can think of :P

And yes that is a big cheat!

What single power would you have? :biggrin:

The almost cop-out power that I would choose is Telekinesis. This way, you could fly and move things around with the power of your mind. If I could only do one, though, it would be the power to move other things (such as your enemies' limbs from their bodies!).

maybe this would be a big cheat but i want the power to use every power correctly that i can think of :P

yes that is a big cheat!

What single power would you have? :biggrin:

well than i had to choose from 5 powers which i think are awesome:

1 peter petrelli's power -> ability to mimic other powers when he wants to(which would be pointless in a world without ppl without superhuman abilities)

2 taskmasters power -> photographic reflexes(do everything like human skill and perform it exactely the same but better)

3 wolverine/deadpools power -> healing power(nuff said)

4 nightcrawlers power -> teleportation(bamf ;) )

5 made up ability -> use any weapon without ever seeing it like an expert

• 2 months later...

Wooh that would be telekenesis for me. If anyone pissed me off I could go Sylar on their ass!

Not sure abut the brain eating though...

Vig

Wooh that would be telekenesis for me. If anyone pissed me off I could go Sylar on their ass!

Not sure abut the brain eating though...

Vig

Yummy! :P

as for me, im stuck between two things:

1. Claire's power, why wouldnt you want to jump off of a twenty story building, and walk away unharmed? Plus the ONLY way you can did is of old age...

2. Id love to be able to "hulk out" but only if i could still keep my intellect. If someone pissed me off, id rip their house off of the ground and throw it into the ocean!

Time travel is a picky subject and something I regularly have debates about. Changing history, such as Pearl Harbour as an example, would mean thousands more people alive today, through the people who died children etc. Imagine out of those thousands, there was one, worse than any tyrant we've seen so far, and he did far more damage to the world than the Japanese did to the American. How would you be able to live with yourself, knowing you'd brought this evil on world? Also with more people there would be less jobs available and a higher food comsumption, so life would suck that little bit more. Also they'd be more people buying my Minimates!

I had also thought of Peter's power first, but as you said, would be useless without other super powered beings. I could already have that power, and just not met anyone else with powers. Anyone of us could! :lol:

This is why you don't need a super power, but a Tardis! :D I am such a geek.

Okay, I've thought long and hard about this. Now, as much as I hate Heroes, I'm gona rip them cause they ripped me first. I'd have the power that Claire's mom had, the ability to create flames. Green fire. Acid Green Fire Balls. I wouldn't be so much like the Human Torch, but rather Pyro, but with the ability to create the fire myself. This would allow me to do whatever I wanted essentially. I could fly by projecting heat off my hands (or legs) just not HT style. I could threaten people, I could burn down houses, melt people's cars during rush hour, incinerate people. All kinds of fun stuff. Wah? What do you mean that's villain style? Too bad. *foosh*

My sister says she'd have the power to create whatever she imagins into matter. Ice cream, money, car keys, a fallout shelter. She'd be like Atom Eve!