UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Zombie Fest Contest!

Amazing.JL

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my entry for the zombie contest a simple QC of Magneto, master of entrails. the red bits from zombie daredevil and a street fighter head from who I'm not sure. I guess the catagory he fits in is concept as he wasnt a zombie in his appearance in Ultimate FF if I'm wrong someone please feel free to correct me.

The scoop on Magneto:

Magneto was uninfected, fought valiantly, but was ultimately defeated and eaten by the zombies in the first issue of Marvel Zombies.

This still qualifies the custom as an original concept.

Mini Myte: "If you are talking about a comic book zombie , the particular character has to be a zombie from an existing comic book or comic book cover (example Marvel Zombies). If the comic book character was never a zombie in a comic book but you want to make them into a zombie custom for this contest, then he (or she) would fall into the 3rd category (ORIGINAL CONCEPT). Does this clear things up now?"

A Zombified Magneto appeared on the cover of Marvel Zombies Dead Days on the pullout:

Dead Days Cover

Technically, He is an existing character.

Oh and by the way Banners Id Excellent QC for the character. The hole was even in the cover (albeit with what looks like a tiny wasp in it)

Im going to try really hard to enter this. But I dont want to use my zombie sentry. Let me think about it.

Also, the zombie batman was done in artwork for a comic show by Arthur Suydam. There is a regular version and zombie version and I have the zombie one framed. You can see it here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BATMAN-marvel-zombies-...VQQcmdZViewItem

I would consider your mate part of the comic category like magneto because he was on a cover, and drawn by the guy that did almost all the other covers.

I just wanted to introduce myself before I put up an entry into the contest. I've always liked zombies and I have a few minimates so I thought I would try this cool contest after a friend mentioned it to me.

Take care guys

It doesn't bother me either way I just had a lot of fun doing it, but if the rules state I need to make it a comic or original concept I will me more than happy to oblige.

P.S. Hi Scourge good luck in the contest and also to everyone. I am also a huge zombie fan especially the Marvel Zombies. I have every comic including the Army of Darkness VS Marvel Zombies issues .

It doesn't bother me either way I just had a lot of fun doing it, but if the rules state I need to make it a comic or original concept I will me more than happy to oblige.

P.S. Hi Scourge good luck in the contest and also to everyone. I am also a huge zombie fan especially the Marvel Zombies. I have every comic including the Army of Darkness VS Marvel Zombies issues .

Don't forget, you're also allowed to do a zombie from an existing movie.

Hello all...

Customs aren't my thing so I haven't been following along with this thread very closely but I wanted to let those who are participating know (especially you later-starters) that the Toyfare magazine that came out about 2 weeks ago has a great article on Zombification and making custom zombies. It includes some great how-to tips and step-by=step instuctions and uses a SW unleashed slave Leia as an example.

Some good tips on sculpting and painting.

No mention of taking your zombie picture with boobs though - probably an oversight :thumbsup:

Have fun Zombifiers!

In honor of this contest, I had a heaping plate of yummy brains last night. Yum! If anyone goes to Restaurant Iris in New Orleans, I recommend the Veal Sweet Breads! Brains...brains..

In honor of this contest, I had a heaping plate of yummy brains last night. Yum! If anyone goes to Restaurant Iris in New Orleans, I recommend the Veal Sweet Breads! Brains...brains..

Above and beyond the call of duty my friend, above and beyond.

robomate, dude, I mean this as nicely as possible but you need to retake those picks. I can tell you spent time on your custom don't let it get ruined by bad translation. Actually I beg you to retake them. I promise that if you retake them and the custom is as cool as I think it is you will have my vote. I just want to see the f'er.

I agree, it appears to be some top quality work, but the camera makes it hard to tell. How close to the figure are you holding the camera? I've found with my crappy camera, if I stand back a bit and snap the picture, it tends to show up clearer than if I stand next to the figure. If you need any camera tips, let me know, or I'm sure others more skilled than myself would be happy to offer some advice.

And you should get bonus points for slaughtering a whole wave of BSG mates for your entry.

robomate,

does your camera have any kind of settings such as "close up" or "flower" ? The camera is focusing on the background rather than the foreground, so if you can't change the setting, you can try moving the figs back away from the camera more then zooming in, or just leaving it as is if that doen't help... the mates will be smaller, but much more clear ;)

BS

As promised, here is my entry for the Zombiefest contest. I present to you an AMISH ZOMBIE. I am submitting him under the "Original Concept" category.

*click thumbnails for larger pictures

th_amish8.jpgth_amish7.jpgth_amish6.jpgth_amish4.jpg

th_amish3.jpgth_amish1.jpgth_amishback2.jpg

I've gotten mine done...

Zombie Magnum P.I.

I'm sure everyone remembers the final season, and the unexpected turn that it took towards the end. It was truly sad that they resorted to a cheap attempt at keeping the show going... Poor, poor Higgins...

Edited for Classification: Original Concept

post-16-1193024830_thumb.jpg