UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

free mates from DST out of the blue?!?!

featofstrength

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said - that's only rumor - nothing confirming that's how these are going out. So if you participated in the Target promo and don't get these, I don't expect to see anyone lighting torches and threatening to storm the castle in a complaint thread about DST...

I think it speaks volumes about the appeal of minimates considering that boards like this and MMHQ exist with such passionate fans.

Though, speaking for myself, I'd be disappointed if I wasn't included in this promo ('cause free, HTF minimates are cool) but it's a long way from berating DST or starting a complaint thread (If you want complainers, go the the AA Forums). I haven't really gotten the feeling that anyone here is on the verge of some bitter, disgruntled-postal-worker writing campaign or minimate boycot. It's unfortunate to be missed, but it's not a show stopper by any means - after all, it's great that they even bothered at all)

Finally, out of courtesy to the thread god and others, we'd definitely start a "Storming the Castle with Torches thread" to keep the topics separate.

Still nothing for me.... though I participated in the target offer. I hope they're not done sending them out.

Same here, though I did receive that letter with the 10% off code with my Rocky hairpiece today.

They probably had more people participate in the Target promotion than the SDCC Hunt and sent the remaining hunt 'mates to the first few addresses who sent reciepts in. (just guessing)

Though, speaking for myself, I'd be disappointed if I wasn't included in this promo ('cause free, HTF minimates are cool) but it's a long way from berating DST or starting a complaint thread (If you want complainers, go the the AA Forums). I haven't really gotten the feeling that anyone here is on the verge of some bitter, disgruntled-postal-worker writing campaign or minimate boycot. It's unfortunate to be missed, but it's not a show stopper by any means - after all, it's great that they even bothered at all)

Finally, out of courtesy to the thread god and others, we'd definitely start a "Storming the Castle with Torches thread" to keep the topics separate.

Did you take part in the Target promo?

Because it's looking more and more like that's where the Database came from.

T.

Did you take part in the Target promo?

Because it's looking more and more like that's where the Database came from.

T.

Yeah.... that's why I mentioned that I was still hopeful more were on the way... both my son and I sent away and were included in the Target giveaway.

Cool, I just checked the forum for the first time in a week and saw stuff is getting shipped out. I love getting stuff in the mail *fingers crossed*. I took part in the Target promotion, and I'm a radical, so I should be on the same list.

"I have not received anything either. I participated in the Target event, and contacted D about my Rocky hairpeice issue. Does anyone live in ILLINOIS / Chicago that received this promotion?? I'm wondering if they had a mailing pattern or order." - highassroller

I do live in Chicago and also particpated in Target + I'm a Radical so I haven o idea why I haven't got one yet- yeah I REALLY hope to get these soon *fingers/toes crossed*!

• 2 weeks later...

I got stuff sent to my old address. You can't account for getting things lost in the mail. It's best never to expect anything, especially something that is free because you'll only disappoint yourself.

I do not believe these were send to Radicals specifically. I believe they were sent out to people from the Target Giveaway and People that have bought from their store.

Maybe they were sent out in the same order the target stuff was received? It's possible that they've run out of freebies I didn't get anything either but I still think it was extremely cool of DST to have bothered to send stuff out in the first place. Arnim Zola, are you actually registered as a radical?

So one of my LCSs went to the recent Retailer Convention here in Fort Wayne and was able to grab up a bunch of the Hunt Mates. I'm curious if DST made a million of these guys for give aways this year or if they just thought they would need more and now are just giving them away like ice in alaska.

• 2 weeks later...
"I have not received anything either. I participated in the Target event, and contacted D about my Rocky hairpeice issue. Does anyone live in ILLINOIS / Chicago that received this promotion?? I'm wondering if they had a mailing pattern or order." - highassroller

I do live in Chicago and also particpated in Target + I'm a Radical so I haven o idea why I haven't got one yet- yeah I REALLY hope to get these soon *fingers/toes crossed*!

Damnit, is there some mailing order to this?? I still haven't received my mates!

I hope they offer a second award or contest. How about a collection giveaway for those of us that are huge fans that sunk thousands into the line. If you can show your 250+ minimate figure collection with you standing next to it, you get a free "hunt" minimate, etc.

Any other Chicago folks who haven't gotten their exclusive minimate??

Damnit, is there some mailing order to this?? I still haven't received my mates!

I hope they offer a second award or contest. How about a collection giveaway for those of us that are huge fans that sunk thousands into the line. If you can show your 250+ minimate figure collection with you standing next to it, you get a free "hunt" minimate, etc.

Any other Chicago folks who haven't gotten their exclusive minimate??

There are many of us who aren't in the US ,who are Radicals ,who will never get FA from DST . Many of us will never be able to walk into Target & 'clear the shelves of cheap 'mates'. Many of us have collections large & small that we are proud of despite the cost! Most of us aren't whingeing about it though. If you've 'sunk thousands into the line' then buy a hunt' minimate on ebay ,yesterday,one sold for $15.55 , hardly a fortune when you've spent so much. Good Luck to everyone who's got a freebie & well done to who ever's sending them out!

Let me chime in here. I didn't get ANY free minimates from DST. I participated in the Target reciept deal, just like many here. No free minis have come to my house and I'm not upset. Know why?

I DON"T EXPECT FREE SHIT FROM DST!

i agree shanster

my brother and i sent recipts, and i only received a package, so i emailed customer service wondering if it was a first come basis, i got a reply and they sent one to my brother

so guys instead of complainig just email customer service!

I don't care that I haven't received anything, but since you guys seem to want to figure out who got the figures and why, I did the Target receipt mail-in as well, so there may be something else to it (maybe a lottery of names from those that participated?).

I care that is who cares I care so much it hurts sometimes I care so much I feel not just my pain but yours and by yours I mean you the MMMV not just you reading this post or you the person that read it after the person that read this post. I care so much that I am willing to do whatever it takes to make you care too. I care sooo much that for you I will take that bullet and make it my own. Seriously I care, cause I care.

:huh: