UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

, where is everyone preordering or purchasing from?

but I'm wondering who has the bang for your buck offer?

but I hear good things and plan on picking up the predecessors for the 360. But I wanted to get some feedback from everyone on this.

I'll probably preord this from Gamestop or else......BESTBUY!Although for the best price the all cost baout the same

exept the is three different versions(ask Nestle about thoose)

Yes Halo 1and2 are VERY WELL MADE , exept the first two only are for the origional xbox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK gang, Halo 3 is fast approaching and I have to ask, where is everyone preordering or purchasing from? I've noticed some folks have some specials, but I'm wondering who has the bang for your buck offer? I've never played Halo, but I hear good things and plan on picking up the predecessors for the 360. But I wanted to get some feedback from everyone on this.

aside from the 3 versions.. if you preorder from target they are giving away halo clickits(or whatever the miniature battle figures are these days) bestbuy if you preorder online you get a 10$ giftcard.. but i think thats only valid on the legendary edition... other than that.. meh.. 3ish weeks til halo

i was thinking of getting anniversary collection today,does anyone think this is a wise choice?it comes with 10 games.i love the original games.out of 1-10 what do you think it is??reply back

Not sure what platform you are playing. If you own a GameCube/Wii I would say pass on the Mega Man collection. They jacked the controls up completely and for a fan of the series, it is unforgivable. That being said, if you have an Xbox I would say it is a MUST own title. Not only does it have all the exclusive content from both the PS2 and GameCube versions, but the controls are fixed.

As for my pre-order plans for Halo. I have none. I will walk into Wal Mart on Tuesday morning and walk out with my new copy of the Standard Edition of Halo 3. Then, I will lock myself in my house and play all night long :). neo

I feel a bit like a salmon swimming against the tide here but... I don't plan on buying Halo3 :o

I loved the first but the second didn't grab me ( I got bored and didn't even finish it!) and apart from tweaks and prettier graphics it's pretty much the same stuff... I know some of you are going to be horrified and will say I'm a heretic etc!!!

Also dont you guys think it's just a little overhyped?

*waits to be stoned by the diehard Halo fans*

T.

p.s. On a positive note I can wait for Mass effect and CoD4

"TBT, I've managed to sell you place for a good price.......I hope you have some Sunscreen!"

-God

:D

I will say I'm not like a Diehard fan, but after playing through Halo 1 (which you are right, it was awesome). And now I'm playing through Halo 2, I am excited. It is good quality fun, but the beauty of Halo, for me, is Co-Op. I've never had more Fun playing a game with another person then I've had on Halo. I can't wait for 4 player Co-Op online!!!

As for you're "P.S.", I agree. While Halo will be my next purchase, my top three for the year (now that Bioshock is out) are Mass Effect, Call of Duty 4, and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Trilogy. neo

Holds stone and thinks about all the good times with Tim...

"ahhh... Those were fun... Oh well, time to pay for your crimes." :angry:

Seriously though...

I'm not sure what to say.

(Don I preoredered at Futureshop and got a free shirt & hat)

Halo is my most played game of all time. According Bungie I've played over 1600 games online. I've also played offline a great deal and played campaign a hand full of times.

I'm not gonna pretend H2 was perfect. It wasn't. Despite adding a lot of stuff to Halo CE they dropped the ball on several of the things that made the first one great. They know it though. As a matter of fact most of the things Bungie has to say about H2 right now (despite being the most played XB game ever) is negative.

Surprised?

What it does mean though is that they're pushing to make the 3rd the best it can be.

It's always hard for the 2nd in a trilogy to make it.

Think about Indian Jones, Back to the Future, Die Hard... 2nd ones all blew.

I'm not gonna try and sugar coat this Timbo.

I'm super excited about about Mass Effect myself.

But for a moment consider that you might be writing off "The Return of The King" because Two Towers didn't have much beyond a big fight on a wall...

But for a moment consider that you might be writing off "The Return of The King" because Two Towers didn't have much beyond a big fight on a wall...

TOUCHE

Dude's gotta point Timbo! :) neo

Wasn't RotK pretty much just a big fight on a field? ;)B)

T.

T.

LOL.

I was scared you'd say that.

And it's true my anology isn't perfect (Empire Strikes Back), but it is legitimate.

Microsoft is pushing this thing hard and putting a lot on the line for this game and all I'm saying is it might be a little early to write it off.

Plus... You haven't played anything online with me.

Ask Ady... You don't what your missing til you've tried it. ;):P

I still have a crappy original xbox, and though I am a die-hard Halo fan, I most likely wont be on Halo 3 til december. Gonna be a lonely lonely time on Halo 2. Most of my mates have 360s and they'll buying it and rubbing it in.

Sucks to be me.

Also RotK was battles on 2 fields and a Castle.

Well, everything for the most part will be new for me when it comes to Halo. But like most games, I might wait for the hype to die down and then pick it up down the road. Lately I've been using my 360 to watch Batman TAS more than playing games :P I still need to finish Quake and then decide if I'm playing Hitman or Splinter Cell next. I just noticed the Medal of Honor: Airborne in a local store and will eventually pick that one up, since I like the wartime shooter games. But I think I'm easier to please when it comes to most games, as I've been pretty happy with most of my purchases so far(knock on wood).

T.

LOL.

I was scared you'd say that.

And it's true my anology isn't perfect (Empire Strikes Back), but it is legitimate.

Microsoft is pushing this thing hard and putting a lot on the line for this game and all I'm saying is it might be a little early to write it off.

dont feel bad nestle i played a few rounds with TBT last night in R6 and didnt ever get a hello from him

dont feel bad nestle i played a few rounds with TBT last night in R6 and didnt ever get a hello from him

That was you, I thought the name looked familiar :blush: Totally my bad, you should have said hello :)! also tend to stay quiet when I play online unless it's someone I know because my accent singles me out as a target for smack talk! & I was having a hell of a time not getting killed a lot cos for some reason It would be ok then laggy as hell. :(

We should get organised and have a MMV R6V game some time before you guys become Halo3 addicts!

I make a great moving target and pretty much suck at FPS's online but have a lot of fun finding new ways to die ;)

T.

Well I sadly do not have R6V TBT. :(

But, if you're willing to learn I've tought over 100 people how to play Halo (2).

I started a "Halo night" every 3rd thursday 3 years ago. It was half a dozen people and 3 tvs (LAN party style). I had no idea how well it would take off.

It ran regularly for 2 years with over 100 different people attending averaging about 15 people each night.

Lots of them had never played before and I showed them the ropes (& tricks).

I've taught other people too, but the point is that Halo is ALL ABOUT nowledge.

Skill of course plays a part, but 90% of the time the person who knows more about the map, weapons & tricks/strategy will win.

If you decide to give H3 a shot and are willing to learn I can give you what it takes to beat a lot of these guys. :P

You don't need to be a moving target ALL your life. :D

On the sole grounds my name was mentioned I feel I must reply.

Just make sure you know the gender of the people you and Nestle are playing with, I still swear I though it was a girl.

LOL... Oh Ady...

I miss you man.

Its so brutal that I pretty much go to work at the exact moment you go online.

We'll have to work something out... In Halo.

C'mon, how sweet would it be if we got our collective asses handed to us AS A GROUP?

You don't think that sounds appealing?

Then obviously you weren't there when Ady and I got our asses handed to us by giant worms. If you had just the thought of getting schooled would be getting you excited.

That was you, I thought the name looked familiar :blush: Totally my bad, you should have said hello :)! also tend to stay quiet when I play online unless it's someone I know because my accent singles me out as a target for smack talk! & I was having a hell of a time not getting killed a lot cos for some reason It would be ok then laggy as hell. :(

We should get organised and have a MMV R6V game some time before you guys become Halo3 addicts!

I make a great moving target and pretty much suck at FPS's online but have a lot of fun finding new ways to die ;)

T.

whats funny is uhm.. of the like 30 peopl on my xboxlive list id say 20 of them are from various parts of the uk so i dont really notice peoples accents.. plus we were in a room with a bunch of canadians last night so i dont think you would have stuck out that much.. as for being a target... yeah im good at that too.. but i have fun screaming about how my weapons wouldnt work.. or people screaming at me about how i snuck up on them and they cant believe it

and nestle im up for any halo 3 coop or deathmatch

Being English immediately opens you up to trash talking from ignorant Americans. I can't remember how many times I've been called an f***ing Brit or Harry Potter etc. Some Americans are real jackasses.

I know my gamertag is crap, but my bro picked it at random. I'll be getting a new one soon anyway. But add me on FreeHobgoblin and we can play some Halo 2 or something.

Unfortunately not.

So, here's a question that I haven't seen discussed..........who has Metroid? You know, it was almost a year ago when I picked up my Wii. I loved Wii Sports and Zelda, but the hype was around Metroid, the first true hardcore game of Nintendo's next generation. That hype slowed died after the long delays. However, I still had faith that Nintendo would bring new life to the FPS on the Next-Gen using it's innovative controller. But then, something happened. I was introduced to a little game called Halo. I've currently on the last level of Halo 2 and I have no intrest at all in picking up Metroid.....not will Halo 3 just two weeks away. So, that got me to thinking, who else is like me. Who else was really pumped for Metroid but in the absence of the game has grown distance to the point where they haven't even picked it up?

Don't get me wrong. I do still want it. I will eventually get it, maybe for Christmas, my point is that it just doesn't have the appeal that it had to me last year. It's kind of, fallen by the wayside..........kind of like the Lord of the Rings Minimates :). neo

So, here's a question that I haven't seen discussed..........who has Metroid? You know, it was almost a year ago when I picked up my Wii. I loved Wii Sports and Zelda, but the hype was around Metroid, the first true hardcore game of Nintendo's next generation. That hype slowed died after the long delays. However, I still had faith that Nintendo would bring new life to the FPS on the Next-Gen using it's innovative controller. But then, something happened. I was introduced to a little game called Halo. I've currently on the last level of Halo 2 and I have no intrest at all in picking up Metroid.....not will Halo 3 just two weeks away. So, that got me to thinking, who else is like me. Who else was really pumped for Metroid but in the absence of the game has grown distance to the point where they haven't even picked it up?

Don't get me wrong. I do still want it. I will eventually get it, maybe for Christmas, my point is that it just doesn't have the appeal that it had to me last year. It's kind of, fallen by the wayside..........kind of like the Lord of the Rings Minimates :). neo

well,i was like that with lair...

i was like ohh,ehh ill just get warhawk,and eventually i bought it and it sucked

also who has a ds?

because there is a game called drawn to life where you could potentionally make your charchter a minimate...