UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

LEGO Star Wars ROCKS!!! It's still one of my all time favorite games, even playing through it again. I can't wait for LEGO Indiana Jones and LEGO Batman this year !!!!

Just a little hint for you, if you didn't already know wii, if you go into the "?" room and into the first door on your left you can watch "Trailers". There is a trailer for "LEGO Indiana Jones". Once you watch the trailer you unlock him as a playable character. Then you just go the cantina bar and purchase him for, if I remember correctly, 500 studs. He is great fun to play with !!!!

I play LEGO pretty often, so look for me online!! neo

Thanks for the tip Neo! I'll have to let my kids know about that! (They might already have figured it out knowing them...)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

T.

p.s. how did you get a higher score but not a higher rank D_X?

You get your rank (# of stars) by playing w/respect for other players. If you play with respect to other players,

then your "rank goes up and more people would want to paly with you. Now we all know about the gamerscore so

I'll wont bore you all with that, but note that your gamerscore DOES NOT affect your rank, it just tells people how achievement crazy tou are.

So if you can understand that, then you are one smartass but if you can't thaen don't ask me to re-explain

it.

T.

You get your rank (# of stars) by playing w/respect for other players. If you play with respect to other players,

then your "rank goes up and more people would want to paly with you. Now we all know about the gamerscore so

I'll wont bore you all with that, but note that your gamerscore DOES NOT affect your rank, it just tells people how achievement crazy tou are.

So if you can understand that, then you are one smartass but if you can't thaen don't ask me to re-explain

it.

All very usefull... if I wasn't actually talking about scores in CoD4 ;)

Talking of which sorry to drop out on you like that Dante_X my router totally locked up, hence the horrid laggy games :(

I had to reset the damn things to factory default and then setup my network again!

T.

Well I know what you mean about the router issues. I live with 5 other peope who are constantly on the computer all the time so the connection gets very laggy. My family already bought 2 new routers in the past year! I sure hope I have a good connection for once I get LIVE.

Also as a side note, The limited edition Halo 3 special content disc (I'm sure the legendary one has it to) has a video about how to ensure yourself the best connection.

T.

it.

All very usefull... if I wasn't actually talking about scores in CoD4 ;)

Talking of which sorry to drop out on you like that Dante_X my router totally locked up, hence the horrid laggy games :(

I had to reset the damn things to factory default and then setup my network again!

T.

well,for one i always get a shitload of challenges done+10 kill streaks lol=more points less rank...

oh and btw i think ive like played more than you r sumthin...and my router shuts down everytime my phone rings lol it sux

dnt wrry bout leavin :P

Alright guys, it seems everyone is doing their "BEST OF 2007" awards. All the websites and Magazines, so I thought it would be fun it we call chime in. So, what are your choices for Best of 2007, you can do top 3 or top 5 or top 10, whatever. Here is what my list would look like:

10. Metroid Prime 3 (Wii)

-The finale of the Metroid saga, retooled with motion control. It was a great close to a great trilogy and one of the best games available on the Wii.

9. Worms Live (XBLA)

-This is a personal vice for myself. I’ve loved Worms ever since the first game on the PC. Playing 4 player, online death matches is one of the best time filling activities on my daily schedule. There is just something about Worms with bazookas that get me excited ;).

8. Madden 08 (360)

-As a huge football fan, I was let down by Madden 07 that was released on the 360. However, 08 finally delivered a product worthy of the Madden name. Ring Level, Online Play, Superstar, Owner/Franchise, Multiple Jerseys, Create-a-Player and Create-a-Team (with Stadium Creator), and a new amazing tackle system. It is the first Next-Gen Football experience!

7. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (DS)

-After a decade of collecting you would think I’d be tired of it…..but I’m not. Pokemon is just as much fun as it was way back in High School. The new 3D graphics, Touch Screen Use, and New monsters are awesome but not at the expense of the gameplay Pokemon was known for. It’s a prefect example of how to take a proven series to the next level!

6. Guitar Hero II (360)

-I put II because I have not owned/played III. Knowing III is more of the same, you could make that my choice, but since I’ve only played II I will keep II on the list. Guitar Hero is to software what the Wii was to Hardware. It was innovated and fresh and more than anything – FUN. It’s a blast to take the ax in your hand and jam along with some of your favorite songs. Now you don’t have to be drunk and half naked at a bar yelling out "Freebird" ;)…….you can do that in the privacy of your own home!

5. Super Paper Mario (Wii)

-This was not the Mario that I wanted (see #1), but it was Mario. More than anything, it was the shot in the arm that the Wii needed. After a solid launch, there was nothing (save Warioware) to save the system and there was no hardcore games in sight. Then game Super Paper Mario. It’s the same Mario RPG system that we all know and love with new added functionality (2D/3D play). The best part was it showed that the Wii doesn’t always have to be a motion controlled experience. You could play with the remote, by itself on it’s side, and still experience a great game.

4. Bioshock (360)

-I never owned this game, but I’ve played it quite a bit at a friend’s house and was there when he beat it. In fact, we played about 4 hours straight on the last night to get to the finale. The great part was, I never played that night. This is one of the ONLY games that I’ve ever just enjoyed watching (outside of sports games). This game sucks you into it’s world and makes you care about what’s going on. You FEEL like you are in rapture and that is a feeling I can’t say I’ve ever had with any other game like I had with Bioshock - - it’s that engaging. In fact, I would be willing to give this game an Oscar Nod, if that were possible for a game! If I actually owned this and beat it myself, it may be a little higher for me but as it remains, it is one of the gems of the year!

3. Halo 3 (360)

-Ah, what can you say? This is everything that Metoid was with multiplayer! It is the end of the trilogy and the finale to one of the greatest series in video game history. Now, Halo will never win an oscar like Bioshock (see above) and the story is loose and not as epic as it should have been. However, games have always and will always be about playing, and there is not another FPS that plays like Halo (save CoD 4). It is fast and arcadey and easy to pick up on and just a whole lot of dang fun. To be honest, they could have just let the story out. It was decent, but not great, and the fact you have to have the Arbiter and lackey tag along is lame, but this game gets its status in the trenches……and by trenches, I mean the world wide trenches. This game is great online, playing Big Team Slayer Battles is so much fun you can loose days of your life to this thing. It’s addicting and hilarious and just plain fun. Add in the Forge and the Theater and there is just so much to do. If you own a 360, this is the game to own this year!

2. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)

-Phantom Hourglass is not only the best Handheld game of the year and one of the best Handheld games ever, but it is also one of the best Zelda games ever…..and that is saying a lot. The story picks up right after Wind Waker on the GameCube. It’s told in the same Cell Shaded, 3D engine that the GameCube used (dumbed down a little, of course). However, the one drastic difference is it’s all Stylus controlled. What a HUGE step for Nintendo to take. If it was off just a little, it could ruin their best franchise. Good news everyone, it was spot on. I’ve played through the game twice and still can’t get enough. Gone are the trying Wind Direction Games and boring sailing. You can chart your course on the map and set sail. Find a clue? Just jot it down on your pull down map and continue forward. As seasoned player I would have liked to see more difficult challenges and a more adult story, but in the end I have little to complain about. The story is nice, the graphics are wondering and the game play is the best of any DS game to date. If you own only 1 DS game in your life, this should be the game!

and finally, My #1 for the year:

1. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

-I’ve become such a big 360 fan, I surprised myself with this pick. However, once you play this game you can’t make any other choice. This is Mario 64 2. Mario Sunshine got a lot of crap from fans expecting a sequel to 64. It just didn’t live up to that standard. Honestly, I loved Sunshine and believe as a stand alone game it’s still one of the highlights of the Cube era. That being said, I would agree that it wasn’t a true successor to the pinnacle of platforming games. Galaxy, on the other hand, falls more into that category. It takes what we all know and love about the plumber: Jumping, Spining, Fireballs, Animal Suits, Tunnels, Toads, etc. and adds in a tiny new feature known as Gravity. That feature turns the whole experience upside down - - literally. You will be running in circles around all different types of planetoids. In the end though, the game is Fun. It has completely restored my faith in the Wii and it proves that you don’t have to have photorealism to produce a high quality game. This is a game that every fan (Mario or not) should play, it’s just a blueprint for how an Action/Adventure Platformer should be made!

Now, before you go and disagree, I know there were several other games that should be on my list. Namely Rock Band, Guitar Hero III, Call of Duty 4, and Mass Effect - Just to name a few. However, I don't own, or have played those games. I have CoD4 and Mass Effect under the tree and can't wait to play them, but for now, these are games that I've either owned or played at length and can accurate rate.

So, what do you guys think, what are your favorite games for the year? Please share with the class :D. neo

Top Five:

5. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. The best since the Golden Age of Pokemon: Gold and Silver. Not as good as Gold and Silver, but second to it alone.

4. God of War II. Probably the last great PS2 game. This took God of War and added an Empire Strikes Back storyline with a Pirates 2 cliffhanger.

3. Super Paper Mario: Nuff Said

2. GH3: Great game Great music.

1. Metroid Prime 3. The Wii's bet.

Now before I get crucified, I do not own an XBOX 360 nor will I ever get one. I also do not yet have Mario Galaxy and the PS3 I will only get when Kingdom Hearts 3 or God of War 3 is released.

Well my list is more of the same:

(5)Lego Star Wars the complete saga-by the best replay value of a game ever.

(4)Halo 3- A no-brainer

(3)Madden Nfl 08- like neo said, the first true next-gen football game

(2)Guitar Hero III- the best music game scince......uh......Guitar Hero II :P

(1)Call of Duty 4- the best shooter ever released, almost perfect..........almost...........

I don't think I've bought ten games this year, so my list is real short.

3.Star Wars Lethal Alliance (Nintendo DS)

So the graphics aren't the best, but I really enjoyed playing this game. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and loved this game.

2.Call of Duty 4

Haven't gotten around to playing it that much, but I thought that it was awesome. I love the gameplay and sheer amount of weaponary.

1.Halo 3

I actually really enjoyed the storyline, though wish it was longer. The online play is fantastic, although the melee system is horribly wrong. The equipment adds a complete new level to gameplay, unrivalled by any game out there at the moment. I will be playing this alot more in the new year.

I've gotten into some old games this year. Like the CSI games on PC, they were good fun. And I recently bought Hitman:Contracts on Xbox. Brilliant game. I have about 4 levels left to do on Silent Assassin rating. I'm hoping to get Blood Money for the 360 soon.

Hey, on a seperate, but similiar subject. Does anyone know if the Assassin Creed action figure has hit shelves yet? I'm trying to find a gift(reasonable) for a co-workers husband and he's into game figures. Any suggestions would be awesome, but I was thinking this might be cool.

I haven't seen the Assassin's Creed figures, but Last week at TRU they had TONS of the new Halo Figures and they are pretty sweet. I had to pick up a Master Chief.......I couldn't help myself :).

On a simlar note, I was thinking about picking up a game for my wife (last minute present ideas, I know). I was thinking of getting DDR. Kristy LOVES that stinking game and we've talked about getting it in the past. I have her a bunch of stuff, but nothing really "Fun" so I thought this would be a nice difference. My question to everyone though is, How is the Mat that comes with the game. Now, I don't know if anyone has the game or not, but I was wondering if the mat included with the game is decent. She's a buck 15 and I'm 2 bucks 20 (:D) so neither one of us are HUGE. I can't afford both the game AND an additional 3rd party pad, so if the included one sucks I may just wait. Any help ?? neo

I've the original mat that came with the first PS2 version. I'm pushing 240, and I've never had any problems with it... Don't know about the newer ones though...

It's a fun game, that's for sure.

Here are my top five, noting that there are games under the christmas tree that might end up on this list later, such as CoD 4, Mario Galaxy, and Mass Effect:

5. Super Paper Mario (Wii)

4. Guitar Hero 3 (360)

3. Dementium: The Ward (DS)

2. The Orange Box (360)

1. Rock Band (360)

I haven't seen the Assassin's Creed figures, but Last week at TRU they had TONS of the new Halo Figures and they are pretty sweet. I had to pick up a Master Chief.......I couldn't help myself :).

On a simlar note, I was thinking about picking up a game for my wife (last minute present ideas, I know). I was thinking of getting DDR. Kristy LOVES that stinking game and we've talked about getting it in the past. I have her a bunch of stuff, but nothing really "Fun" so I thought this would be a nice difference. My question to everyone though is, How is the Mat that comes with the game. Now, I don't know if anyone has the game or not, but I was wondering if the mat included with the game is decent. She's a buck 15 and I'm 2 bucks 20 (:D) so neither one of us are HUGE. I can't afford both the game AND an additional 3rd party pad, so if the included one sucks I may just wait. Any help ?? neo

Hell, the new Halo stuff is out? I've GOT to get some!

Well, my brother-in-law got Assasin's Creed for Christmas and I have to say I was impressed with what I saw/played. The Graphics are wonderful and the game is very immersive. It isn't the best playing game I've ever played, but it has been better than a lot of games I've played lately. It actually left me wanting to play more, I think I may have to pick up Assasin's Creed soon. neo

just got a new computer for christmas, I'm looking for seom help deciding what game i should get first. Any ideas? It's a top of the line computer (finally) so after three years of laptop, I can finally play a decent game. So far I'm leanign to the newest civ game. Are the massive multiplayer games any good? I've been out of the loop so long, WOW wasn't around when I last bought a computer game.

Any help? If you feel super stongly about anyone game, pm me about it as I could use any reviews.

thanks

I just got Xbox live today! The games I have that arr multiplayer are:

1)Halo 2

2)Halo 3

3)Call of Duty 4

4)Guitar Hero 3

5)PGR 3

6) I mght get Madden 08 or Forza 2 soon

I have been playing a lot of Halo 3,Call of Duty 4 and Guiar Hero 3(my bro mostly)

Oh yeah! My xbox live id is Rustlegg (don't forget the double g's) and I am looking forwards to killing some

more people.

I have been doing alot of Wii now that i got some new games!

Links crossbow training is very fun! I absolutely love the zapper!

As for rayman 2, i liked the first one much better, this game was NO challenge at all! RENT IT if you want to play, you will beat in 2 hours tops playing all 51 games on the highest level...

Now its Mario Galaxy time!

Well a little late than never, I finally have Halo 3. I'm slowly stumbling through it, but do to me being a novice, I'm not sure if I'm doing things 100% :P

I have been doing alot of Wii now that i got some new games!

Links crossbow training is very fun! I absolutely love the zapper!

As for rayman 2, i liked the first one much better, this game was NO challenge at all! RENT IT if you want to play, you will beat in 2 hours tops playing all 51 games on the highest level...

Now its Mario Galaxy time!

If you like using the Zapper you definatly try out Medal of Honor 2: Heroes, its extremely fun!! the Wi-Fi is amazing too!!