UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

Well, I don't want to argue with you Ady but one of my friends 360 died after the update.

It probably has to do with the fact that the lastest update was DESIGNED to kill modded 360s.

I'm sure a couple innocents got caught in the crossfire. :(

I've heard very few reports of anyones actually dieing, I think your the first person out of 100+ whos opinion matters thats had a friends actually die, so I guess it does happen!

Was his a launch era console?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope.

MINE was a friggin launch piece a...

Okay, so it's common knowledge that I've had 5 360s. But to be honest, I don't mind that much. For all of you out there who's 360 might crash soon, know that Microsoft is EXTREMELY good at making you feel important to them.

I talked Erik (my friend into getting one about 6 months ago so we could keep in touch better. He let his warranty run out but Microsoft decided to still give him a new one, once they heard he had downloaded the update. (once again, great customer support).

So, if anyone out there is thinking of getting a 360 DON'T LET YOUR WARRANTY RUN OUT. It worked for my friend, but don't count on it. Plus, warranties are cheap. I bought my 360 in Nov. 2005 and I'm covered all the way to Jan 2009 for $50.

But seriously, I can't even keep track of all the free stuff Microsoft has given me. To name a couple:

An extra hard drive, an extra power supply, Project Gotham 3, a Headset, Free Microsoft Points, the list goes on.

My other half already has his Wii on order and will be getting it for christmas.... however it spells gloom and doom for me, as with the cube we all know about Smash Brothers (awesome game) and I suck at it :P So with the arrival of the Wii comes brawl which im gonna suck at as well.... so I have a few options left open... I either play and loose, I play and almost win because my other half killed himself by accident, I play get frustrated and break the new Wii controller. So I'm gonna just use the plain old wavebird and make sure I dont do anything wrong... however my other half did pass an interesting image onto me <G> Okay you can all now sing with me.... Daaaa, dadada, da, da, dada, da, da, da, daa, da, da....

cheers,

Tk

COOL.jpg

I kid not Nestle, well I hope not... i've scooted about the net looking for any evidence to back up the image, and I didnt find anything. Next time I see my other half I'll ask him where he got the image from and if there was a relevant article :P

cheers,

Tk

Ok having nothing to do with gaming consoles (can you say addictive personality leading to job loss?) I read about a game Line Rider. It's pretty simple, which is sometimes more captivating than anything out there. You can download it for free and basically you "draw" a track for a little guy to go sleading down. Anyone else try it yet?

Ok having nothing to do with gaming consoles (can you say addictive personality leading to job loss?) I read about a game Line Rider. It's pretty simple, which is sometimes more captivating than anything out there. You can download it for free and basically you "draw" a track for a little guy to go sleading down. Anyone else try it yet?

You can find all sorts of free games like that on Newgrounds or Addicting Games.

Wow.

Anybody seen Gears of War?

The most beautiful game I have ever seen.

Ironic, since I won't be playing it. :rolleyes:

Seriously check it out. Be warned though, rediculously gory (the reason why we're not playing it).

Why not? I mean, it is just a game. But if that's your policy, I won't argue.

Wow.

Anybody seen Gears of War?

The most beautiful game I have ever seen.

Ironic, since I won't be playing it. :rolleyes:

Seriously check it out. Be warned though, rediculously gory (the reason why we're not playing it).

Dude, I hear what your saying. I really want this game but I just can't bring myself to buy it. However, I heard there was an option to "un-gore" the game and it cleans up a lot of the blood and the cursing. I can't confirm this, but I'm thinking about renting it to see if that's is an option. If it is, I may just get the game.

Oh yeah, by the way, 4 MORE DAYS! I went by Monday and paid my Pre-Order off completely. Everything is paid. Now, I just have to wait until Sunday. I got the Wii, Zelda, Excite Truck, Madden (already picked up), Trauma Center (already picked up), Rayman, 3 Remotes and 3 Nunchucks. 4 - MORE - DAYS!! neo

I am waiting in line on Sunday morning at Target for a Wii. I have a bunch of friends coming, some of whom are not even gamers, who all are buying one too. I am getting Zelda, Red Steel, and Monkey Ball right away, and my wife and I are both asking for more games for Christmas. Sunday can't come soon enough!

What are the odds of scoring a Wii or PS3 by standing in line? It is pretty damn cold here in Cincinnati!

Well, I'd say you have a better chance scoring with a Real Life Mermaid and selling your first born child to the circus and becoming the richest man in WORLD than scoring a PS3 before 2007.

That being said, you should have a much easier time getting a Wii. Sony is estimated at shipping under 200,000 units in NA while Nintendo is estimated at shipping 2million+. Just to give you an idea, here in the DFW Texas area, here are the breakdowns that I've been able to confirm. Walmart is getting 40+ Wiis and under 12 PS3. ToysRus is getting 60+ Wiis and 10 PS3. GameStop is getting 25 Wiis and 8 PS3. And Target is getting 50+ Wiis and 4 PS3. So, I hope you enjoy your Wii :D. neo

Deadpool, we try not to play gory games because we have 2 young boys whose minds are being formed by everything they see. ;)

Let me know about the gore issue there Neo. :D

And Handsome, Neo's right. 0 percent chance of PS3... Okay chance for Wii. :P

What are the odds of scoring a Wii or PS3 by standing in line? It is pretty damn cold here in Cincinnati!

Me and my cuz are waiting in line in Western hills.

Does anyone know how Wii Sports works? Does it come already installed on the wii?

I'm still playing my old xbox or PC and waiting on a pricedrop on the 360...

T.

TBT, you play online?

Zarox, I believe the game is packaged in with the system.

DISAPPOINTING NEWS (for PS3 consumers) AND OMG EXCITING NEWS (for 360 owners)

The guys at 1up.com have come accross something shocking. When playing the PS3 on a normal TV the graphics are as bad or *gasp* WORSE than the PS2!?!?! :o

That's right if you want to play the PS3 with good graphics you're going to need to buy that HDTV you've been eyeing up. Ouch. As if an expensive system wasn't enough, now you have to buy the TV to go with it. :(

Bungie has just released OFFICIAL news that they will be releasing NEW Halo 2 multiplayer maps this spring for anyone with 360s. Also in an UNPRECEDENTED move they will be putting out a Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta this spring.

OMG!

There is nothing greater than the Glory of Halo... Free.

Yay for the Halo 3 beta...

A bigger yay for the latest 360 dashboard update, you no longer need media center to stream videos from your PC to your 360, now I can watch all the videos on my PC from the comfort of my sofa with no screwing around... very usefull considering how US TV beats UK TV hands down...