UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

I got LSW2 for the PSP (I'm a sucker for the portable...) and...

It's fun. It's not as fun as the first game, but it's fun.

It's glitchy.

Takes foreverever to load.

And I've had to replay two levels already because I got to the end and the glitchy glitches wouldn't allow me to go any further even though I had accomplished what I need to in order to advance... That's a long sentance, and it's probably not gramatically correct, but I don't care... Oh crap. Boondocks is coming on. Where's the remote?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmmm... Donnie. I can't remember exactly off the top of my head.

Are you standing in the right spot? (for instance where they place the yellow "objective" square?

The other levels aren't that fussy, but training is... Well training.

Ok, so I finally opened up Perfect Dark and Ghost Recon(stuck at home for the moment). Got into Perfect Dark with little to no problems, but having some problems getting through the training session of GR. So I'm hoping someone can give me the solution I'm looking for before I finally lose what's left of my brain :blink: I'm in single player mode, was able to sticky myself to the first wall and shoot the object no problem. Unfortunately when I try to go to my next target(objective) and sticky myself to the barrier, nothing happens. So what the hell am I doing wrong :unsure: What am I supposed to be locking in on or shooting :huh: Tried to e-mail Ady, but I guess he occassionally sleeps :lol: Thanks in advance :)

I dont sleep, I was however too drunk to compose a reply:

When the mission first loads listen to Rosen and press the left analogue stick forwards to move to the objective.

Press the right analogue stick left or right and turn 180 degrees to see a concrete block to your left. Run to the other side of it and press up against the wall. Hit RB to switch sides and then move along the wall to the edge of the block, continuing to hold the direction you are going to peek.

Press LT while peaking to jump out, use the left analogue stick to aim at the target and press RT to fire at it, then unstick from the wall with the Y button.

Now it's time to reload. Press a briefly to do so, after it is complete press and hold A, using the D-pad to select the automatic fire function.

Move to the low wall further from where you shot the first target and press against the checkpoint. Press up on the left analogue stick to peak and while doing so hit R3 to go into scope mode. Hold L3 to hold your breath, as soon as you do two targets will appear, shoot them both and press R3 a few more times to exit scope mode and press Y to un-stick from the wall.

-

That help?

I'll let you know tomorrow(or later today Ady :lol:), I've been playing Perfect Dark since around 10pm my time, after giving up on the Ghost Recon :P I have to say, thanks for recommending that one, having a ball. For whatever reason, I get the feeling I won't fully appreciate GR until we finally get that flat panel for the bedroom. Of course I'll have to get some headphones to insure I don't keep the wife up :D Thanks for the tip Ady, I'll get to it later and let you know ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I part of a group of UNO addicts. Did this really get released for 360?

Lol PM'd you before the edit.

Yeah its one of the XB Live Arcade titles, its about $10 to download normally a something. Its pretty cool playing it over Live, it supports the Cam too.

It looks like a few of you have XBox 360s. Have you had any problems like the ones that I've read online? Overheating, burning, scratching the games, etc... I'm debating whether or not to pick one up. Or a PS3. Or a Wii. Or (since I'm cheap) continue on with my trusty PS2. About all I play anymore is Madden 06 & Battlefield 2: Modern Combat online.

Well, knock on wood HSD, I haven't had a problem yet ;) Of course if I do, I'll just take it back to Costco and get it replaced :D Forgot to post on this earlier Ady, but your formula worked on the Ghost Recon and I'm having a ball with the game. I still feel I won't fully appreciate it until I get a flatscreen, but still a fun game to play.

Thanks for the offer Ady, but I'll probably end up buying that camera package too. ;)

Handsomedevil, as for the "360 problems..." Yes, they do occur. (or did).

I'm actually on my 5th 360. Microsoft covered all the costs and everything so it's not too bad and #5 works great.

The overheating problem had to do with the dumbest of mistakes. The had forgotten to take the foil backing off a label insulating the processor. It's been rectified now though, so don't worry.

Comparing it to the outrageously priced PS3 I'd say pick up a 360 (or a Wii).

By simply BUYING a PS3 I think we're ENCOURAGING them to raise the cost on systems. What'll the next systems cost? A Grande?

It looks like a few of you have XBox 360s. Have you had any problems like the ones that I've read online? Overheating, burning, scratching the games, etc... I'm debating whether or not to pick one up. Or a PS3. Or a Wii. Or (since I'm cheap) continue on with my trusty PS2. About all I play anymore is Madden 06 & Battlefield 2: Modern Combat online.

The inital production run was knackered, the newer machines should be OK. I've had mine 9 months with no problem

I got LSW2 for the PSP (I'm a sucker for the portable...) and...

It's fun. It's not as fun as the first game, but it's fun.

It's glitchy.

Takes foreverever to load.

And I've had to replay two levels already because I got to the end and the glitchy glitches wouldn't allow me to go any further even though I had accomplished what I need to in order to advance... That's a long sentance, and it's probably not gramatically correct, but I don't care... Oh crap. Boondocks is coming on. Where's the remote?

Lego star wars 2 sucks!

I really looked forward to it but it's appalling, the first one was a tad glitchy and had bad camera tracking. You'd have thought they'd have fixed it for this one, but it's actually worse. I bought the DS version and wish I'd saved some cash and bought the GB Advance version instead. The touchscreen's hardly used and the graphics are very poor indeed. I think I may punt it out on ebay once I've finished it.

Not sure if anyone's interested, but PSU is running a free Beta right now that can be downloaded on XBL. That's right! Phantasy Star Online, the game that changed online gaming forever 7 years ago is getting a sequel! You can try it for free this week only! ;)

Yeah...

I've read that.

I tell you one thing...

PSO was one of the most addictive games of it's time... It could so easily consume a person. But come on Sega! This game ships in ONE week!

Shouldn't you have resolved these MAJOR flaws by now?

In other PSU news, I stumbled across this. It might help:

http://boards.sega.com/psu/viewtopic.php?t=487

Ummmm... No.

My "fighting dream" is Smash Bros Big Brawl.

(Who's newcomers are Solid Snake, Meta-Knight, Wario & Kid Icarus-guy... And Mr. Myamoto also said recently... Sonic? ;) )

Pretty much the games that are evn on my radar are:

Zelda Twilight Princess (November) (GameCube/Wii)

Mass Effect (2007) (360)

Resident Evil 5 (2008) (BETTER BE FOR 360! :angry: )

Halo 3 (2007) (360)

Smash Bros BB (2007) (Wii)

I might be persuaded to buy PSUniverse... But it sounds like trouble...

Oh, and if anyone wants to go beck to XBox1 games, Halo 2 STILL has the largest gamer base online (even compared to current 360 games) and one forgets how incredible that game is.

We were playing Ghost Recon for about 6 months (and Perfect Dark before that) under some strange assumption that they were as good as Halo.

I'm here to proclaim they are not.

So, if anybody wants to play Halo my friends and I have all been playing everyday. ;)

Thanks for the feedback on XB360, guys. Here's another question: has Sony announced anything about the PS3 online network? Are they going to charge for it like XBLive? The only reason I put up with the lame PS2 experience is because it's free. If Sony's going to charge for online PS3 access, I'll probably go with XB360. I've heard nothing but praise for XBLive & how it blows Sony's online experience away...

Well Sony has said they will have an "online component" to the PS3.

To my understanding it WILL be free, but it won't compare to XBL. And yes, Xbox Live DOES blow PS2 out of the water. Especially on the 360.

I guess you get the internet for free because the PS3 costs so much... :rolleyes:;)

Okay, so about PSU...

Before I start talking about the game itself, if you're having trouble logging in you can try what I do:

When it says cannot find server hit "retry." When it says "cannot find server" again hit "disconnect." Then, it'll take you back to the title screen. Redo exactly whats above.

Sometimes it works the second time... Sometimes it works the it doesn't work until the 5th... But so far it's been working for me.

Now for the game itself...

What a mess! I mean, first of all it's hard to even sign in! Secondly, once you ARE signed in there can still be problems! I mean I was dropped from the server during the tutorial for pete's sake!

You'd think that after 7 years they would either have revolutionized the gameplay or perfected it or something! But they haven't. My first hour playing the game was pretty much b*tching.

My second hour was less complaining. My third less still... By my fourth hour I was just plain having fun!

I don't know what it is but despite all the flaws to this game it is REDICULOUSLY addictive!

I tyhink the only thing holding me back from actaully BUYING it is that silly $10 fee... :(