UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

Well, you may have noticed that I haven't been around for a few days. That is due, soley, on the fact that I love my new Nintendo Wii. I actually had my paid off and pre-ordered at GameStop, but I wanted to get a few more, so I still camped out at Walmart all day Saturday. I got 2 systems there (one for my Bro and one to sell). I went home and opened one and stayed up until around 3pm and that was only on the Channels and Wii Sports :).

Sunday I got up and made some Miis and played some Madden early. When to church and then lunch. Then played some more Wii Sports last night.

I've spent about 8 hours on the console so far and I can say without blinking that this is the greatest console experience that I've ever had. People with whine that it's not as "powerful" or as "good" as the other systems. But I will tell you that I own an Xbox 360 and I stayed up until 1am Friday night to beat Marvel: UA. Why you ask? Well, because now that I have the Wii I will not be playing my Xbox for a very, very long time. Those who may doubt that, you can watch my gammer tag and see for yourself. Honestly, the Nintendo Wii is just THAT good.

As far as games, I have Zelda, Excite Truck, Madden, Rayman, and of course, Wii Sports. I also have Red Steel, Call of Duty 3, Super Monkey Ball, and Trauma Center......but those are all under the tree and I'm going to have to wait a few weeks. I can't complain though, Zelda and Madden will last me well through the holidays.

PS. I also downloaded the original Zelda and Mario 64. Man, brought back some great memories. I reccomend the Virtual Console and Classic Controller to anyone who has or is getting the system. neo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i got mine last night too. I LOVE IT.

i got zelda and monkey ball.

what games did everyone get for it? do you all want to exchange wii codes so we can communicate and play online?

Yeah, that's a great idea. However I don't know mine right off hand. I'll write it down tonight and post it later on. neo

I will post my code later too.

I have put the most time into Wii Sports so far. It is very addicting! Zelda is also amazing of course. I haven't put much time into Rayman yet. Super Monkey Ball is a mixed bag. Some of the party games are really fun, and some are frustrating as hell, and the motion sensor doesn't work very well. I think they rushed some of the party games in order to make it out by launch. But the motion sensor works perfectly on all the other games.

anyone running into any problems with the wii yet? mine froze twice yesterday, when exiting the mii channel going back to the main menu. i had to unplug it both times.

hopefully its a software issue that can be fixed with an update.

heres my code: 8359 1049 4366 4765

I haven't had a problem with the hardware. I did have an issue with the Remotes but that was because I'm a man and didn't read the directions.

I choose to add remotes from the "Home" menu by reconnecting the remotes. However, I when I finished the game the other 3 controllers didn't show up on the channels screen and I had to do it again. I did like 3 or 4 times before getting ticked off and reading the manual. Seems there are two ways to "connect" the remote. By doing in through the "Home" menu (like I just explained) it makes for a temporary connection. This is something you could use if, say, you were at a friends house and wanted to use your controller while you were there without syncing. The second option was to tap both of the sync buttons at the same time from the Channels menu and that would sync the remote to more perm to that console and it will remain synced to that console until you re-sync it somewhere else.

Not sure if anyone want to know that, but that was the only problem that I encountered and that was by my own doing. Other than that, it's been running smooth like a babies behind. The Disc Channel, GameCube Games, Virtual Console, Mii Channel. The only thing I haven't played with yet is the Photo channel (because I don't own a SD card...yet). Other than that, mine has been flawless. neo

Dudes, I have to say, Wii Sports is a Work-Out. I got home around 12:30am on Sunday and played Wii Sports Only until 3am. After church in the morning and after lunch we came back and played more Wii Sports. Heck, I have Excite Truck and Zelda sitting there and haven't even touched them yet.

Now, this morning, I wake up for work around 6:30am. It's a cold morning (low 40s is "cold" for us) and I start getting ready and I say to myself, "self, you are in really bad shape!" So I'm outside in the cold air on the way to work and it's huring even worse. Now I'm sitting at the computer and a cringe each time the phone rings because it pains even to pick it up, lol. However, the glory of the whole story is, I can't wait to get home and play some more Wii Sports :).

For those who don't know anything about Wii Sports, it has a "Fitness" option and it gives you a "Fitness Age" much like the way Brain Age gives you a......well, Brain Age, lol. So, you can play once a day per each Mii and it records your progress. It picks three evens out of the 5 and you do what it tells you. For instance, hit 10 balls in baseball and it tracks distance or volly 50 tennis balls in tennis and try to keep them inbounds. At the end of the Fitness events it gives you a "Fitness Age", which for those wondering mine was 69! For anyone that wondering how nice this feature is, it actually is a nice little work out and my wife LOVES it. She has put us on a schedule where we are going to do this together daily as our "exercise time". Anything else I would probably argue with because I like having a little extra around for the cold months ;) but how can I agrue with playing Wii Sports? I can't, so it's golden.

Just remember the Icy Hot guys :D. neo

i got a wii yesterday(after a total of 12 hours in line) and mine has not had any problems yet

and neo i feel your pain i played for 5 hours yesterday and my back is killing me

oh and who else thinks this is crap i waited in line for 4 hrs. i was 21 out of 20 i was the "just in case" person if some one couldn't pay or if some one left well the rules stated that if you left then you lost your spot on the list #20 left and went to work he came back right at midnight to clime his wii i tried to say some thing but they told me there was nothing i could do later i fond out that #20 was best friends with the manager and that's why i did not get it. so at midknight i left wii less and woke up the next morning to go to a local video store trying to get one of their 6 wiis well i got one and now i shall go and play ZELDA

I got it, just haven't played it. Seriously though, who would actually buy a Wii and NOT buy Zelda. That's just crazy, that's like buying a Dodge Viper but not buying any gas to put into it. I was #5 at Walmart Saturday. We came up with a system where we refered to everyone by numbers, it was just easier, so I was #5 the whole night. I had my camera out taking pictures and then I pulled out my handcam and interviewed a few guys in line. Then it was like 5 till and they were setting out the games and everything so I was recording and then I saw Zelda and all the sudden it hit me. If that was the only game available it would still be worth it. So, I then turned to the tired crowd and yelled down the line. "If you are not going to purchase Zelda than you are not allowed to buy a Wii". Every laughed cause they thought I was kidding........but I wasn't ;). neo

the walmart i waited at didnt turn out to have any games. actually, they had 10 copies of happy feet. so after waiting 4 hours there, i had to drive another 30 mins to a different walmart and get games. i didnt end up getting home until well after 1 am.

today i picked up red steel. im about to go try it out.

I encountered my first problem with the Wii last night. In Wii Sports while it is loading, it has a longer delay than usual and then gives an error that says that the disk can't be read. I couldn't find a good solution. I tried turning off the system and letting it cool off for a little bit and it kept doing the same thing. It was like this for like 5 minutes, but it was finally okay afterwards when I just ejected the disk and put it back in and it continued where it left off. Kind of scary. :(

That's kind of weird.

I know about the removing the disc thing, I think it's kinda cool. I removed Excite Truck just to see what it would do and the menu kept racing. I put the disc back in and it played just like normal, very cool feature.

That aside though, I still haven't had any problems. I played Madden and Rayman a bit last night. Still haven't started Zelda. It's funny because I still sit in anticipation of how awesome that game is going to be. However, I don't want to start it until I can devote a few hours of just sitting down with no distractions to really get into it. If I don't start it tonight, I will definitely start it Wednesday night because I don't have to work Thursday or Friday. So, I'll keep looking out for any errors and I'll pass them along. I really hope that it's nothing too bad for you Storm, maybe it was just a fluke glitch that will never happen again. At least we can hope :). neo

Sorry to double post, there was something else I wanted to mention. Last night I Emailed myself from my Wii. Now, I can comunicate with my Wii at any time. To get it started, you have to imput an email address into your Wii address book. Than, it sends a letter to the Email to verify that you accept communication with the Wii. By doing that you simply reply to the message. Here is what it says:

An owner of a Wii Console is asking permission

to register you as a Wii Friend to exchange

e-mail with you. This individual's Wii e-mail address is

w7136510055714330@wii.com <mailto:w7136510055714330@wii.com>

If you would like to exchange e-mail with this

individual, simply reply to this message.

You will then be able to exchange e-mail with

the following Wii address:

w7136510055714330@wii.com <mailto:w7136510055714330@wii.com>

If you are unfamiliar with this Wii console and

its sender, please erase this e-mail without

responding to it.

So, there you have it. Not only does your Wii get a exclusive number, but also an Exclusive Email Address. I don't know if I have to register each Email first or if anyone can just Email me at any time if I give them my Wii Email. I'm working on that.

Anyway, it seems my Wii number is:

7136 5100 5571 4330

And my Wii Email is:

w7136510055714330@wii.com

I'll let you know what I find out tonight when I get back home. neo

There is a "Classic Controller" that you can buy seperatly.

classiccontrollerxe0.jpg

It's actually really awesome. I love it! You don't have to have it. The VC games can be played with a GameCube controller or the NES games can be played with the Remote turned sideways. But the Classic Controller makes for a much better controller. They really should have included it, but you can pick one up for $19.99. neo

I agree, the long number is a pain, but it's much better than DS. At least now you only have to know 1 number. On the DS you have to have a "Friend Code" for each online game. Now that was stupid! neo

Yeah its an improvement over the DS, but still its not eactly easy to reel of in a social situation.

Person A: "You got a Wii?"

Person B: "Yeah, add me and we'll play together sometime"

Person A: "Cool, whats your ID?"

Person B: "7136 5100 5571 4330"

Person A: "Meh"

:lol: Yeah, I hear ya. Why don't you just go play your dumb Xbox and leave us Wii people alone!! You guys, with all your fancy gamer tags and video marketplaces :P . neo

Good Point! Next Subject

Did anyone get Superman Returns today? I was at GameStop at lunch and I saw it behind the counter. I honestly wanted the game. I've played the Demo on 360 and it was really cool. Unfortunatly for me, I'm broke thanks to Nintendo. I'm hoping I find Superman under the Tree though this year. So, has anyone else got it and/or played it? Thoughts?

Hey, sorry about the double post, but I had to chime in.

So, I finally did it. My wife went with her mother grocery shopping last night so I had about 2 hours all to myself......well, myself and Zelda :D. I started my adventure. It was dark and cool in the house, I had a large cup of sweet tea and comfy clothes on and I just went for it.

My total play time at the end of the evening was just over 2 hours 10 minutes. And lets just say that I cannot wait for this work day to be over. It was Awesome. I refuse to spoil anything for anyone, not like you learn something real shocking in the first 2 hours, but there are a few nice cut scenes. Let me just say that I have always been a Zelda fan since Zelda II (I was a little too young for the first Zelda game :) ), and Ocarina of Time is my favorite game of all time. So, Twilight Princess was holy ground, if you will, and I was nervous at the expectation of the game. It's been delayed and delayed and then moved to a completely new platform. However, I can honestly say that all of that time and the move to the Wii was worth it. If I had to put the first 2 hours of TP against the frist 2 hours of any other game that I have ever played it would fail to compare. The game is beautiful and just a joy to play. The controls work without a flaw and to be honest after aiming with the Remote I will never want to use a classic set up again. If there is anything that I can say negative about this game it is just, simply, there aren't enough hours in the day for me to play. I literally find myself sitting at work and wishing that I was at home with the remote in my hand and I haven't felt like that about a game in a very long time. Also, on a side note, playing as Wolf Link is SWEET!

Honestly, there is no game on any other platform that is even fit to be mentioned in the same breath as Zelda. Okami, Oblivion, Kameo, Shadow of the Colossus, even God of War cannot hold a candle to legacy that is The Legend of Zelda.

If you haven't bought this game yet, do not buy another game until you get it. It's that good. :D. neo