UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

The guys at 1up.com have come accross something shocking. When playing the PS3 on a normal TV the graphics are as bad or *gasp* WORSE than the PS2!?!?! :o

That's right if you want to play the PS3 with good graphics you're going to need to buy that HDTV you've been eyeing up. Ouch. As if an expensive system wasn't enough, now you have to buy the TV to go with it. :(

Do you have a link to that article? I am curious to read it, and their website is a pain to navigate.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here Luke, 2 links for you.

The first one is an INTERVIEW where they said it all (in episode 54 of the 1up show).

http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3145462

The second is a little artcile that says more interesting visual stuff I stumbled accross today.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155303

Ady, I have to say I'm curious... why have you barely touched Halo 2? Is it because there aren't any achievement points?

Because I know how much you enjoyed Perfect Dark... (Nothing against Perfect Dark) but all it is is a watered down Halo.

Hmmm... I played PDZ for about 6 months when it came out (before switching to GRAW) and pick it up once and awhile but it just seems... Flawed?

I feels like they meant well with a lot of things (MOST of their gameplay rules coming right out of Halo) but they don't quite feel complete.

Like for instance punching. Punching doing a lot of damage (and assassinations aka punching from behind) is straight out of Halo, but when you punch in Halo you "feel it." When I punch in PDZ hald the time I'm not sure if I've even hit them.

Does that make sense?

Anyways, it feels that way for most of the gamplay in PDZ for me. Inspired by Halo... But not quite there. :(

Oh, but while I'm talking about PDZ there are new downloadable maps available that are... FREE!

Check 'em out. ;)

Me and my cuz are waiting in line in Western hills.

Does anyone know how Wii Sports works? Does it come already installed on the wii?

Nestle was correct. Wii Sports comes on a full CD and comes with a small, thin cardboard sleeve.

As far as the PS3 goes, I went by Walmart today at lunch to pick up a couple Wii Remotes and I was asking about the PS3. She said they have a line that is formed in Layaway. She said three of the people got there Tuesday afternoon and haven't felt. She said, last count, there were 21 people there and they only have 10 systems. Even though the manager has told them they only have 10 systems, people are still staying around hoping they get a late shipment. Now, someone needs to take a big 2x4 and start smacking the crap out of those people :). Just thought I'd share. neo

ill be playing with both the wii AND the ps3 at a gameplay event next week :)

im VERY excited and looking sooooo forward to it :D

I got to play Excite Truck on the Wii at my local Gamestop today. It was really fun! I will definitely be picking it up at launch. I also made a Mii, but it looks like the only other person to make one so far at that Gamestop was the asian guy working behind the counter. So we were the only Mii's wandering around. :lol:

Who here is going to get a WII or is planning on waiting in line for one. I waited in line for 4 1/2 hours just to reserve it. A month ago. :(

New question for game geeks. Anything out there that would let me run a game system off the monitor on a laptop?

My scenario...travelling 750 miles with my two sons via automobile. They will watch DVDs on the laptop, but I was trying to find a way to let them use a game system to pass the time, also.

I imagine with the right adapters you could. First off, you need power for the console (duh), and I know there are adapters that go in your cigarette lighter for that. About the monitor, I'm sure it's possible, but I can't really specify anything. I'm sure there's someone here who knows what to do.

Who here is going to get a WII or is planning on waiting in line for one. I waited in line for 4 1/2 hours just to reserve it. A month ago. :(

i plan on waiting in line at walmart a few hours early, and if i dont get one at midnight, hit up the target and wait in line for that to open. but im in a very small town in alabama... so im not anticipating a problem.

my friends on the other hand, live in LA and are already in line waiting. they arent even in the front.

i plan on waiting in line at walmart a few hours early, and if i dont get one at midnight, hit up the target and wait in line for that to open. but im in a very small town in alabama... so im not anticipating a problem.

my friends on the other hand, live in LA and are already in line waiting. they arent even in the front.

It's Christmas time for me. But not poor Shanster, who's kids will die of boredom! :P

New question for game geeks. Anything out there that would let me run a game system off the monitor on a laptop?

My scenario...travelling 750 miles with my two sons via automobile. They will watch DVDs on the laptop, but I was trying to find a way to let them use a game system to pass the time, also.

I've SEEN computer moniter hook ups for the 360, there Shane. The system isn't as geared towards kids as the Wii, but I know it would work.

I just picked up a PCMCIA tvtuner card for my laptop for about $20 I"m guessing that would do the trick for the monitor for you as it has Svideo or Composite inputs. As Deadpools said then all you have to do is worry about power for the console itself & finding space for all that stuff and the kids in the car :)

Either that or get them Nintendo DS's :)

T.

I just picked up a PCMCIA tvtuner card for my laptop for about $20 I"m guessing that would do the trick for the monitor for you as it has Svideo or Composite inputs. As Deadpools said then all you have to do is worry about power for the console itself & finding space for all that stuff and the kids in the car :)

Either that or get them Nintendo DS's :)

T.

I can't agree more with the DS suggestion. Since getting one for Father's Day (back in June here in the US) I think I've played my PS2 exactly once. I've constantly got my DS with me however. Either I'm playing it or my kids are. The fact that my daughter has one also AND it can wirelessly share some games WITHOUT both kids having the game is not only a bonus, but is also a HUGE improvement over the Gameboy systems.

I was thinking about getting one for the kids, but I think there will be enough out that I'll have a shot later - closer to Xmas - to pick it up.

ill be playing with both the wii AND the ps3 at a gameplay event next week :)

im VERY excited and looking sooooo forward to it :D

Good luck playing the PS3. If it's anything like the demo versions I've seen at all the Walmarts around here, it'll be frozen up and unplayable. (NOT a good sign for Sony IMO.)