UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

Awesome!! I know that TT is working on a new Bionicle game that looks really, really good. http://www.bionicleheroes.com/

It LEGO Star Wars is any indication, Bionicle Heroes is going to be sweet. It looks to have a more "grown up" feel to it.

So, with Batman coming out (per Deadpool), I was thinking about what else I'd like to see. Here are some other ideas I have for LEGO games (by TT of course):

LEGO Harry Potter

-This game would be much like what LEGO Star Wars is. You can play as Harry or Friends of you can create your own Wizard. It would be more a game of exploration and puzzles (rather than action like SW), although you will get to light up some enemies with various magic attacks.

LEGO Knights Kingdom

-Imagine if you will, Zelda covered in LEGOs. That would be the skeleton of the game. You would choose to create Knight by choosing his/her appearance, equipment, house, and symbol. You would then enter into a world that is missing it's King. Your job is to get him back. There would be a world overmap with small town sections and dungeons. You would level up and gain new attacks. You could also enter events like jousts, arena battles, etc. Buy and upgrade your armour and weapons as well as attacks and possessions. It would play as a Adventure type of game much like Zelda: OoT

LEGO City

-Think Grand Theft LEGO. I used to have a PC game called, "LEGO Island" (I think that was what it was called). Anyway, you pretty much had this little island and you were a pizza delivery guy and you had to help stop a thief. The cool part was, it was sort of a Sandbox game and you could go the beach and build a jetski or ride around in a police jeep or stuff like that. I would like to take that same idea and multiply it. Imagine a HUGE Sandbox LEGO city. You choose (or create) your own LEGO character. It wouldn't really matter what the story is, since it's a sandbox game. You can drive anything, including boats, planes, and helicopters. One cool feature could be if you are driving a car there could be hidden places with bricks laying around. If you find them you can get out and press B (like is LEGO SW) and "build" upgrades to your car. It wouldn't need to be violent, more like Simpsons Hit and Run more than GTA. You could kick and punch, but no guns. You could use things like slingshots and axes and stuff like that. Anyway, there would just be so much potential for a game like that, I'd be first in line to buy it.

OK, enough of that. I just with they's make more LEGO games......sorry, GOOD LEGO games. neo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I know I'm going to be burned on a stake for this comment, but here goes:

I don't suggest buying Lego Star Wars 2.

Hang on, let me clarify.

The game is great, it's fun, it's cute.

That being said, my wife and I rented it over the weekend and beat the story, got 500 achievement points (on the 360) and were like 70-some % finished the game.

It would almost be a waste of money for me to rent it a second time.

A game needs to have replay value for me to buy it, and hey... It just doesn't have enough.

Sorry guys. :(

I have to disagree with the "rent" philosophy. This, along with the first LEGO Star Wars are two of the only games that I will never get rid of. This is all opinion, but LEGO SW has definded Star Wars video games to me. Anytime I want to re-live those classic stories I just pop the game in. It's always fun, it's always classic, and it's always flawless. In fact, after watching the Original Trilogy on DVD, it made me get out Revenge of the Sith and watch it again. After watching it, I think pulled out LEGO SW and played through the entire episode III level again.

Also, if you want replay, once you unlock the mini-kits they are little minigames that go along with it. Plus, there is something to beating the game at 100%.

Of course, like I said before, this is all opinion. My views on games are quite different then the "popular" opinion. However, if there was only 1 game that I could recommend to anyone for a Christmas present this year, even with the Wii coming out, it would be LEGO Star Wars II. It is the best game that I've played all year and one of the best games I've ever owned. But that's just me :). neo

Hmmmm... I'll rent it for a week, will play a couple of hours a night and if I dont get to 100% in that time I'll probably buy it....

Games are nuts prices in this country (Lego Star Wars 2 is about $85 or somthing) and a game has to have lengevity to deserve that kinda money to me.

Yeah...

I'm not sure how far you are in the game Lego, but the "extras" I got for things like reaching the 60Gold brick point weren't ground breaking.

Don't get me wrong Neo, the game is fun, I enjoyed it for the weekend but if I'm gonna play a Star Wars game, chances are I'll pick up a KOTOR or Jedi Knights over this one.

I don't think it's THAT bad Ady. :rolleyes:

Except the space ship levels. :mellow::angry:

Okay, let's change the topic.

Here's my new fire starter:

Gamerscore... Completely bogus?

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a gamerscore but they're rediculously unbalanced!

If you play King Kong for a weekend you get 1000 points. If you play Perfect Dark for a month you 150!

Can't they fix that?

And it's not just different games. Take Ghost Recon for instance. My friend and I both play, but I play multiplayer, he plays single player. I've put 5X the number of hours in than he has and he has 500pts while I have 250.

I mean, it's rule of thumb that you get more points playing single player games, but is that right?

Yeah Gamerscore is nuts on EA games (except burnount) expecially..

I use it more as an indictor as to how much I should trust someones opinion on a game, as I can see roughly how far they have definately got.

While GWAR may favor single player a lot of games are the opposite, PDZ especially is full of multiplayer achievements, and dont get me started on those rediculous online achievements like "Qualify for an online tournament" or "Be Ranked First in the World"

:blink:

Weird.

Lots of hugging your 360 I guess...

Okay, your PDZ point is accurate, except that it's rediculous trying to earn multiplayer points too.

And, that is definetly the DUMBEST achievement "Climb to top of LeaderBoards"... What the hell?

Who's gonna even try for that one? And if they're gonna put in it, make it worth 1000!

Rented it a few hours ago...

Not loving it so far... am 40% through with 4 hours play, it has some horrendous level design and camera issues... Cant see me buying this one at all...

All I have left is Super Story in Ep. 6 and then 100%!

God I hate Dagobah. "Where's the last minikit? It says it's outside Yoda's hut, but only when I'm in the hut! Oh here it is, you can only go to this part in STORY!!!!" God I hate Dagobah. Again

Holy Crap In My Pants Batman! Marvel Online

I have to say, about 3 years ago I lost a good 3 to 4 months of my life playing City of Heroes. It was, and I guess still is, my favorite PC game of all time, even more so than Sims. Now, knowing that Cryptic is joining with Microsoft to make a Marvel Online Game.....Holy-Cow. I may just now be more excited about this than the Wii........well, let's not get carried away yet :D. Reguardless, if they just take the basic CoH gameplay and improve small sections and updated the graphics and characters I am sold. I only hope that your Live Subscription will take care of the fees because I'd hate to have to pay an additional fee........of course I would, but I'd hate it :). neo

Ok, so I finally opened up Perfect Dark and Ghost Recon(stuck at home for the moment). Got into Perfect Dark with little to no problems, but having some problems getting through the training session of GR. So I'm hoping someone can give me the solution I'm looking for before I finally lose what's left of my brain :blink: I'm in single player mode, was able to sticky myself to the first wall and shoot the object no problem. Unfortunately when I try to go to my next target(objective) and sticky myself to the barrier, nothing happens. So what the hell am I doing wrong :unsure: What am I supposed to be locking in on or shooting :huh: Tried to e-mail Ady, but I guess he occassionally sleeps :lol: Thanks in advance :)