UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Minimates Project

OK I have been watching this from the begining, toying with getting in on it...alas my limited time will keep me out of it as a customizer but you can bet your bottom dollar I am going to be bidding on these once they hit....wouldnt mind an actual poster of the logo too...and the trading cards sounds so sweet! great idea guys!!

Jeff of the Minis

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about we have a Gallery here at MMMV when this is all finished up?

I figured that people would post pics when they finished their customs and once I receive them I'll photograph the ones that haven't been posted individually as well as some group shots.

I figured that people would post pics when they finished their customs and once I receive them I'll photograph the ones that haven't been posted individually as well as some group shots.

That sounds good, I was actually really hoping for a group shot of all the customs :)

That's a great list Aapje - thanks!

And I just wanted to let everyone know that I've heard back from eBay regarding selling the customs for charity and it's actually easier than I thought it would be. The only problem now is that America's Blood Centers isn't one of the non-profit organizations registered with eBay but I've sent them an invitation.

I'm still waiting to hear back from ABC and DST regarding the auctions though. I sent an email through Customer Service at DST so it might take awhile to be forwarded to the right person. And I've emailed and called ABC so hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

I feel really horrible about this, but I don't think I can continue to work on this project. As much as I absolutely want to, I'm just too overwhelmed with work right now. I just got a promotion of at the T.V. show I work on, and I'm going to be working 5 days a week for like 14 hours a day. I'll have barely any personal time let alone time to do 'extra' stuff. This sucks because I promised to help out and I genuinely wanted to do something creatuve like this for a long time. I hope there aren't any hard feelings. Maybe next time around?

I feel really horrible about this, but I don't think I can continue to work on this project. As much as I absolutely want to, I'm just too overwhelmed with work right now. I just got a promotion of at the T.V. show I work on, and I'm going to be working 5 days a week for like 14 hours a day. I'll have barely any personal time let alone time to do 'extra' stuff. This sucks because I promised to help out and I genuinely wanted to do something creatuve like this for a long time. I hope there aren't any hard feelings. Maybe next time around?

No worries Mike. Thanks for offering to help and congrats on the promotion!

has Frankenstein been taken

The current rough list can be seen on the previous page in post #146 (click here) and yes, Frankenstein's monster has been spoken for but the Werewolf is still available as are many others.

could i have jeckyll or hyde

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hide are both still available (although I imagined they would be made as a "half/half" type character like Peter Parker/Spider-Man) - that's totally up to you of course.

And I'm loving the enthusiasm about this project guys! Thank you for the support!

Just thought I'd ask how evrybody's project is comin' along? I've seen Shamrock's mummy MM and it's lookin creepy as hell. Can't wait to see the completed thing. As far as my zombie goes, it's lookin' mighty disturbing as of now. I've been able to to pull off some cool new customizing tricks (pretty gross stuff) with this guy (the Marvel zombies would be jealous ;) ). Should have him completed by next weekend (knock on wood).

How are y'all doin'?

P.S: Question for Fujis: When we are done our customs are we to post pics here in this thread or is a new thread going to be created for showcasing our work and comments?

Thanks for the update guys! Now that the movie poster contest is over, I'll be starting on mine in the next few days.

I haven't heard back from America's Blood Centers yet, which is strange considering I've emailed and phoned them. We might need to change the charity that we're supporting if ABC isn't interested. I'll try contacting them again and keep you guys updated.

Fujis- would it help for other members to contact ABC in any way they can? With, of course, your guidelines of what could and couldn't be said.

Oh, and save for some minor technical details, the Mummy is done. Now I just gotta see what I can do in terms of add-ons.

Fujis- would it help for other members to contact ABC in any way they can? With, of course, your guidelines of what could and couldn't be said.

That's not a bad idea Shamrock. If anyone does want to contact them send an email to Leslie Hill, Executive Director of the Foundation at lhill@americasblood.org

And just mention that we're making custom action figures, planning on selling them on eBay, and donating 75% of the proceeds to charity with the remaining money going toward the MMMV operating fees.

Allrighty then... Well I guess I'm the first one (completely) finished for the Monstermates for Blood charity. Well, without further ado I present to you my ZOMBIE :ohmy: :

th_z01a.jpg

th_zfrontB.jpg

th_zback.jpg

th_zright.jpg

th_zleft.jpg

th_zstagger.jpg

th_zdeadB-1.jpg

th_zdead.jpg

th_scalp.jpg

th_ribs.jpg

Rotting flesh stench not included!

Check out THIS LINK for the recipie.