UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Minimates Project

I really do like both ideas of Monsters and Zombies.

The problem I see with the monsters is people bickering over which they want to make, or if we go with Reideen's idea, how many multiple Draculas we'll have, and how much variety overall there will be. We'd also have to make it very clear that they can't look very much like the famous incarnations of the characters

Me, I would want to do the Invisible Man, or Phantom of the opera.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do like both ideas of Monsters and Zombies.

The problem I see with the monsters is people bickering over which they want to make, or if we go with Reideen's idea, how many multiple Draculas we'll have, and how much variety overall there will be. We'd also have to make it very clear that they can't look very much like the famous incarnations of the characters

Me, I would want to do the Invisible Man, or Phantom of the opera.

That's the thing though - all the different versions of Drac would be different - there's your variety. A group of Batman customizers I know do a group project every few months with a general theme. Batman in the 40's, Batman Noir, Villains of Batman, Catwoman loves Batman, Robin loves - nevermind... (I'm so sick of Batman... anyway...) The fun of looking at their customs is how they approach the theme - what materials they use, etc.

Like I said - I'm just throwing it out there as an alternative to assigning everyone a character to do in hopes that a better response would be given if people could do a character they liked, rather than one they just sort of liked.

(Can I do the Blob? I've got a shockini here to melt down....) :D

Reideen brings up valid points and yes, if someone wants to make a ton of customs they are certainly welcome but I'd rather keep the scope of this on the smaller side to make it easier for everyone involved. And no, we don't have to stick to the list of Classic Monsters and assign or have people choose what they want to do - I thought having a coherent theme with each custom being different would be more interesting than, as Shamrock said, ending up with multiples of Dracula.

I think one custom is best and why don't we say inspired by the classic monsters that Luke listed on the previous page. I for one don't care what I end up making and this might sort itself out once everyone gets their lists in. But don't think for a second that I want to limit people's imaginations - if you've got a great idea for a custom Monster, that's great!

Guys,

(Sorry i did'nt say this earlier, I had to talk this over with my family, and get permission and every thing straight)

My family is very active in a charity for a transplant camp called Camp Michitanki. Its a camp for kids in Michigan who have had Liver, Kidney, and Heart Transplants. Its in Oscota, and the kids go there for a week in August. Many of the families cannot afford for their kids to go to camp, because of the costs of a transplant. We do a couple of fundraisers like golf and bowling events, and are sponsered by the University of Michigan Transplant Center. My sister has had a liver and kideney transplant, and today is actually her one year anniversary for her kidney transplant, so that is why we are very active.

Fujis if you are interested in suppourting this event for the charity please contact:

(734) 615-4013

vickys@umich.edu

Thanks Guys

Thanks punisher but I think the Blood Center works better thematically as well as internationally. While I love the idea of helping people in Michigan, America's Blood Center also supplies Canada with blood which makes me, as a Canadian, interested in helping them as well. I hope your sister is doing well!

So I've only heard from 3 customizers so far, can everyone else who wants to participate send me a list of the monsters (either from the list or your imagination) that you'd like to create?

Two transplants? What an ordeal- I can't even imagine. I hope she has a great anniversary!

So, I was thinking: do people need to PM their lists to me or could they just post their top picks in the thread? We can figure out who gets to make what together and making changes might be easier if all the cards are on the table, so to speak. What do you guys think?

And anyone have more thoughts on the splitting of the profits between ABC and MMMV?

your an awesome dude fujis, thanks for being really thoughtful

i think the profits should go 75 to ABC and 25 to MMMV

how are we gunna sell these? send them to one seller and the one seller sells them all? or we each sell them seperately?

your an awesome dude fujis, thanks for being really thoughtful

i think the profits should go 75 to ABC and 25 to MMMV

how are we gunna sell these? send them to one seller and the one seller sells them all? or we each sell them seperately?

What I imagined is that I would reimburse people for sending them to me and then I would sell them using my eBay account. I think that's the easiest way to do it, also it will enable me to take group shots of the customs which we can use in the auctions and in promoting the charity, etc.

I also wanted to suggest that once we figure out who is involved and who's making what we should postpone the start date on this until after the deadline for Luke's Movie Poster Contest has passed. No need to distract people. Is everyone cool with that?

I sent you a PM earlier, but if we are to post our picks openly as well...

Whatever you're comfortable with guys. If you'd rather keep what your planning secret then by all means send me a PM.

I think it would be alright if we got our picks organized now, as long as the deadline for this was at least a week after the movie poster contest deadline. It would make the total time for this event longer, but I'm sure some people would appreciate the extra time. And for those people who tend to finish their submissions in the last few days, they would be able to do that for both the movie poster contest, and then this event the following week or two.

Is it too late to join up for this, seeing as I have JUST found this thread..lol...?

I like what you guys have come up with so far as for themes....good choices.

Might want to give everyone enough time to come up with a quality piece.

Is there a main list of customs we are looking to have yet?

sorry though if i'm coming in too late for all this.......

Yes, jcastick and skullbuster, we are happy to have you. Can I suggest (if you haven't already done so) that you read the thread from the beginning and add your input on the theme, character choices, profit breakdown, etc.

WerewolfByNight.jpg

Here's a design I did for "Werewolf by Night" a little while back, but I think it's generic enough to work as a Wolfman/Werewolf. The face is Super Skrull with a nose painted onto the middle, the hair is a combination of Nightcrawler's hair and Logan's Chops. Chest fur pattern is from Movie Beast, as is the foot claws and hand claws. Waist and ripped pants/legs are from Hulk. The only physical piece I wouldn't know where to get from just yet is the shoulder fur. Any ideas?

The only physical piece I wouldn't know where to get from just yet is the shoulder fur. Any ideas?

I think the easiest thing to do would be to sculpt it from Milliput.

Sorry for the double post (and for completely taking over the boards with this!) but I just wanted to give everyone a quick update:

Currently we have 14 customizers involved: myself and a friend of mine (who isn't a MMMV member), hyejinx1984, Shamrock, Deadpool, Luke314pi, TBT!, Nervous, Jatta Pake, thepunisher=D, MINI-MYTE, jcastick, skullbuster, and antacost. I wanted to thank you all for wanting to help out and if anyone else is interested let us know!

I have contacted America's Blood Centers, eBay, and Diamond Select Toys about the project and I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them. The one to ABC and DST was simply to tell them about the project and ask for their blessing. I asked eBay if they'd be willing to wave the listing and/or PayPal fees for the transactions since we are planning on donating a large portion of the proceeds to charity.

Other than that, things are going smoothly. I've heard back from almost all of you concerning the monsters that you'd like to make and, just to reiterate, I think once we have the list of who's making who we'll postpone this until after the Movie Poster Contest and SDCC. Which means we'll all have plenty of time to create our monsters!

Wow, that's a lot of talking. If it's cool, I'm gonna pick after most others, as my cusomizing skills are non-existant, so I want the good money-raising customizers to do the famous monsters.

As I said in my PM Deadpool, what we're trying to do now is solidify a list of who is making who - not a concrete list mind you - just a starting point. Once people's choices are in we can start shuffling or changing until everyone is happy. You won't stop someone from making what they want, trust me.

Most of these were listed already, but I wanted to put a full list together plus some I could think of:

The Phantom of the Opera

Dracula

Frankenstein's monster

The Hunchback

The Mummy

The Invisible Man

The Bride of Frankenstein

The Wolf Man

The Invisible Man

Creature from the Black Lagoon

The Invisible Woman

Nosferatu

Cyclops

Bigfoot

Chupacabra

Cthulhu

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

The Golem

Grendel

The Headless Horseman

Jabberwock

King Kong

Minotaur

Mothman

Oni

Tengu

America's Blood Centers is a good charity to work with on this.

I think if you have enough people and enough characters to create, I don't see a problem with letting people pick 2 choices and then letting Fujis pick that person's final character.

And this is for Charity, so i think giving 75% to ABC and 25% going to MMMV sounds good.

Oh, I'd like to put my choices as Invisible characters, but I will do my best on whichever I'm given :)

America's Blood Centers is a good charity to work with on this.

I think if you have enough people and enough characters to create, I don't see a problem with letting people pick 2 choices and then letting Fujis pick that person's final character.

And this is for Charity, so i think giving 75% to ABC and 25% going to MMMV sounds good.

Oh, I'd like to put my choices as Invisible characters, but I will do my best on whichever I'm given :)

Thanks for compiling the list and for your input jcastick! Although just a reminder that for legal reasons (mostly that we don't want to get sued) customs can be based on licensed characters but not actually be those characters.

And I won't be making the final decision on characters. I'm sure we'll be able to work things out and with the choices I've received so far (which is almost from everyone) - everyone would get their top pick.