UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Minimates Project

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the Zombie thing but there might be more appeal with the classic monsters. Someone might be more apt to buy a custom of a character like Dracula or Frankenstein then a generic Zombie (at least I know I would).

EDIT: Maybe we could do both? The 10 classic monsters and a slew of Zombies. I love the suggestions that MM made regarding the type of Zombies. We could easily assign the characters randonly (including zombies) once everyone who is interesting in participating has spoken up.

I understand the Zombie thing but there might be more appeal with the classic monsters. Someone might be more apt to buy a custom of a character like Dracula or Frankenstein then a generic Zombie (at least I know I would).

Should we put it to a vote with all involved?

Classic Monsters or Zombies?

EDIT: Didn't see your edit Fujis. I like your idea. One monster paired with a zombie. Can it be done? I say yes!

I can't think of any more classic monsters, and we could easily get another 5 or 6 customizers on board. Also, we might lose some people if customs are randomly assigned and the person either doesn't like their choice, or is uncomfortable with their choice. Just some thoughts. :)

As I said, I think we could do both. As for the assigning randomly, I figured that would be the easiest way to avoid problems and I suppose we would have to agree as to how the characters were assigned as well. I would want everyone to be excited about who they get to customize. Any thoughts on this?

Can I throw a wrinkle in? - If we go the zombie way how about zombie self portraits :D

If we do end up either doing solely zombies or adding zombies to the monsters roster that's not a bad idea!

Didn't see your edit Fujis. I like your idea. One monster paired with a zombie. Can it be done? I say yes!

I was thinking more in terms of rounding out the roster as opposed to each person having to make 2 customs.

I like both ideas and will go with the group.

Can I throw a wrinkle in? - If we go the zombie way how about zombie self portraits :D

T.

I don't think anyone would bid on a minimate self portrait of me even if I was a zombie-mate. Yuck! Have you seen me? :lol:

EDIT: Could I still be the Hooker Zombie?

Another idea could be an all ZOMBIE theme. Imagine a graveyard group shot of all our custom zombies together. And the proceeds could go to an "organ donor" charity. What do you guys think of that as another idea?

lol, there goes the top secret future contest idea. :P

Needless to say I think the idea is great.

Another idea could be an all ZOMBIE theme. Imagine a graveyard group shot of all our custom zombies together. And the proceeds could go to an "organ donor" charity. What do you guys think of that as another idea?

lol, there goes the top secret future contest idea. :P

You had the same idea to eh? I was tinkering around with prize pack ideas for one nearer to Halloween. JL PM me if you want to team up on this idea. Sorry... not trying to take away from this subject. Please continue.

Fujis, can we set up a voting poll and pick an way to go?

Could I still be the Hooker Zombie?

It's all yours buddy! :lol:

Fujis, can we set up a voting poll and pick an way to go?

We could. I was hoping we could come to an agreement in this thread. I still think the Classic Monsters as the main theme with zombies used to cover additional spots in the roster is the best way to go. And as it stands now, we would only need 1 zombie as there are 11 customizers that are currently involved.

In terms of making money, which this is ultimately about (for both America's Blood Centers and MMMV), I think the Classic Monsters will make more money than generic zombies. Thoughts?

I suppose these could also count as monsters, but they are definitely not as popular:

* Headless Horseman

* Jack the Ripper

* Cyclops (greek mythology)

* Medusa (greek mythology)

* Minotaur

* Yeti

* Golem

* Gremlin

* Troll

* A ghost

I think that once we get started, people should be able to choose their monsters on a first-come-first-served basis. If someone is very passionate about doing the Phantom of the Opera, that will lead to a much better custom than if that person was randomly assigned to do Dracula. Not everyone is going to want to do the same custom, and we can always have zombies as an easy back-up choice.

I suppose these could also count as monsters, but they are definitely not as popular:

* Headless Horseman

* Jack the Ripper

* Cyclops (greek mythology)

* Medusa (greek mythology)

* Minotaur

* Yeti

* Golem

* Gremlin

* Troll

* A ghost

Those would be great additions, I particularly like the first two.

I made an edit to post #35 to answer your question MM.

I think that once we get started, people should be able to choose their monsters on a first-come-first-served basis. If someone is very passionate about doing the Phantom of the Opera, that will lead to a much better custom than if that person was randomly assigned to do Dracula. Not everyone is going to want to do the same custom, and we can always have zombies as an easy back-up choice.

Sounds good to me. How does everyone else feel about how the characters are assigned?

And I think my comments on the theme got lost since I edited a previous post but here they are again: In terms of making money, which this is ultimately about (for both America's Blood Centers and MMMV), I think the Classic Monsters will make more money than generic zombies. Thoughts?

Sounds good to me. How does everyone else feel about how the characters are assigned?

I'd go with putting up a list as luke says first come first served... but with the traditional TBT Wrinkle...

Maybe let everyone name 2 they want to do, my guess is from that you can give everyone someone they like and it will prety much work itself out.

example: A B C & D all are taking part.

A .says Dracula and Skeleton

B. says Dracula and Wolf

C says Wolf and Zombie Hooker

D says Mutant Chicken and Dracula

etc...

it pretty much works itself out... A. Skeleton, B.Wolf, C. Z hooker, D. Dracula etc

T.

I'd go with putting up a list as luke says first come first served... but with the traditional TBT Wrinkle...

Maybe let everyone name 2 they want to do, my guess is from that you can give everyone someone they like and it will prety much work itself out.

Picking two sounds good. And I'd probably go by order that people posted that they'd want to be involved.

So are we agreed on the theme then? Classic Monsters (plus zombies)?

So, when can those of us who are on board post our 2 choices? I think I'm the 10th customizer in line according to the thread. Do I have to wait for the other 9 customizers to go first or will my choices just be put 10th on the list?

So, when can those of us who are on board post our 2 choices? I think I'm the 10th customizer in line according to the thread. Do I have to wait for the other 9 customizers to go first or will my choices just be put 10th on the list?

I figure it'll be process of elimination. And if people could PM me their choices that might be best, Also, people might want to include their top 3 or 4 choices just to be safe.

Question (in the voice of Dwight K. Schrute) does it have to be a known monster like Dracula, Mummy, etc... or can we just make up some creepy ass blood sucker?

If we have indeed decided to go with the classic monsters theme, I think we should stick close to that. But send me your idea along with your choices.

Sorry for chiming in late - after all the sorting out has been done, but I haven't been 'round much as of late and just got around to this thread. Deal with it. :)

Anyway.

Why assign characters? IMO, part of the fun of the Create a Mate contest was that you could come up with any design you wanted. One of my fav things to do in my spare time is look at the custom gallery at MMHQ and see all the different versions of the same character. (Thor springs immediately to mind) They're all good. They're all accurate representations of the character. (They're all leaps & bounds above what I could do...) I'd even buy a couple if the mood grabbed me at the right time of the month.

If your theme is classic monsters & zombies (oh my!) would it be a bad thing to have 5 Frankenstein monsters and 3 Draculas a werewolf and a swamp monster? They'd all be different - they'd probably look cool as hell all lined up in comparison to each other and it would be interesting to see how different people approached the same character. At least, to me it would. Maybe I'm alone in this...

Also, is the limit 1 character or can someone do a whole metric ton of custom zombies, monsters, etc for the project? Assuming they have the time and resources to come thru on their commitment of course. Signing up comes with the understanding that if you volunteer you need to come thru on this since it's for charity and for the site.

Sorry for the rant and the potential wrench thrown out there. I'll shut up now and let the talented people discuss. :D