UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Minimates Project

Good to see the charity thread up and running again. As for which "cause" to pursue... I'm not sure. Global warming sounds okay. But doing an animal theme? How'd that be done? I'm all for doing self-created "Environmental Heroes and Villains". ie: Captain Ozone, Recycle Man or the evil Dr. Greenhouse Gas Emission. You know made up characters and the such. We do not only have to include Global Warming but other environmental issues such as deforestation, toxic waste dumping, oil spills, recycling, etc.... That's my two cents.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm definetly up for another Charitymates event.

The Global Warming thing sounds lie it could be good, but I see one problem.

Sure, we're donating to help the cause, but how big of a Carbon Footprint does the company whose toys we'll be using for it have?

What happens if you don't believe in global warming? Or are happy about it because it's already bringing about the new ice age?

I am, of course, being satirical. But it's an honest question. Cancer isn't exactly a controversial subject. Or saving the wales for that mater. Why global warming?

(Just curious)

Why are you interested in saving Wales .....have you been there? It's too late boyo! :biggrin:

edit* Sorry Dan Ive just seen your post,your joke.

I am, of course, being satirical. But it's an honest question. Cancer isn't exactly a controversial subject. Or saving the wales for that mater. Why global warming?

Because it's a problem that affects all of us. And I would like to support a charity that benefits the greater good as opposed to a smaller, specific group.

A smaller,specific group? How about the Seven Dwarves :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

a fun easy idea would be some sort of alanagram (sp) contest. Darkclaw, Supersoldier....etc. Even less talented folks (like myself) could get in on that.

A generic competion would be cool too. I know I, and others around the site, would pay big bucks for mad scientests, thugs, or soliders. If this is jsut to raise money for charity, and less about the recognition, maybe one of the better customizers could offer up their services to paint like 20 or so minimates into one "thug" design. Then seel the thugs for x amount of dollars. An instant win for the charity. Someone with a good decal printer could whip up quite a few of the same minimates, few said customizer had enough bodies. I'd donate my double to this project.

sorry for the spelling errors

Uh-oh. Do I smell a Captain Planet Minimate over the horizon?

I half to admit that would be kinda cool...

earth, wind, water,and fire combine forces to make...CAPTAIN PLANET!

I have to half your admission.....earth,wind,water & fire ...can only be India's finest....Captain Tandoori & Rice-Boy. I think Rice-Boy was featured in an early Amazing Spider-man comic ....something about Uncle Ben's ....?

The kind of theme we need for this type of thing is something that has a lot of different characters or character types so that anyone who wishes to participate can pretty much just pick who they wish to make.

If we have say 20 people who wish to make customs and the theme has only 10 characters, it's not going to work out all that well. I'd rather us choose something that can include all those who wish to help instead of having to turn people away.

I think we also should do what we did last time and choose something where we have to make our own interpretation of the character we want to make. Basically so we don't need to worry about copyright and all that.

I think we also should do what we did last time and choose something where we have to make our own interpretation of the character we want to make. Basically so we don't need to worry about copyright and all that.

That's the only thing I ever imagined us doing. I don't think any of us could afford a lawsuit should a company decide to pursue it (however unlikely).

That being said, this thread seems to be coming back to life so what kind of customs do people want to make and what charity should we couple them with? I've already stated my case for The Carbon Fund as the charity and I think customs of anthropomorphic animals with environmental superpowers would be pretty fun to do.

Think the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles meets Captain Planet. Thoughts?

That's the only thing I ever imagined us doing. I don't think any of us could afford a lawsuit should a company decide to pursue it (however unlikely).

Think the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles meets Captain Planet. Thoughts?

Teenage Mutant Captain Planets! :lol:

Personally I just want to participate, so the theme really doesn't make a difference to me.

Here's the idea I came up with from a few pages back:

I was thinking maybe we can do something with the Constellations, something kind of similar to McFarlane's new Zodiac series.....Where you take a constellation and make a representation of that constellation but in Minimate form.

And Since most constellations are animals, the proceeds could go to a Wild Life foundation.

I do like the idea of the anthropomorphic Mates too.

But whatever we decide, I'm in :)

I'm fine with the World Wildlife Fund and it's definitely a good fit with our theme, although normal animals could work as well.

I've started a new thread for the next Charitymates project here - let's keep brainstorming over there.