UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Minimates Project

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we have a definitive deadline for this yet?

I don't recall seeing one in a previous post.......

Wow, people just hate going back one page, eh? :P

The deadline for finishing the custom and placing it in the mail to me is August 6th.

And I spoke with someone from ABC this morning and he was very interested in the project and thankful for our support. I'm sending him the current logo as well as the pics of the customs that have been finished for the president's approval. We'll need to guarantee a certain minimum donation so I'm planning on approaching DST to see if they'll match our contribution.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let everyone know that Mr. David Schulz, Vice President for Advancement of the Foundation for America's Blood Centers, will be getting back to me on Monday with their decision about joining the project.

Thanks guys!

How did the inverted legs work out for ya?

I was planning on doing that with my Cyclops, but wasn't sure on it's stability.

Did you have to modify the legs at all, it doesn't look like it.

The figure is a little more difficult to balance with the legs inverted, but otherwise there was no difference, so I didn't need to modify anything. I am very happy with how they turned out.

Your work is awesome, as always Luke!

Question: I love how you photographed the Minotaur. Any tips or tricks you can share? It looks fantastic. We could do a fun article over at MMHQ if you are interested. What lighting do you use? What type of camera? etc., etc.!

Question: I love how you photographed the Minotaur. Any tips or tricks you can share? It looks fantastic. We could do a fun article over at MMHQ if you are interested. What lighting do you use? What type of camera? etc., etc.!

I will send you a PM. :)

Fujis, what's the word on ABS' involvement?

I'm still waiting to hear back from David Schulz. Hopefully, they'll make a decision and get back to us soon.

Great work on the customs so far everyone!

Absolutely love these customs! The Minotaur and Mummy look amazing.

I've finished up my contribution:

FrankensteinsMonster.gif

This one was a blast. Details in my custom thread, if you're interested...

Fujis

I apologize for reaching this thread so late, but in my defense, I did just join :P

I was reading along, and I really took an interest in this project, however I have not attempted to do a full customization yet. I got really excited when I read about the trading card idea, as this is a project I just started working on myself (as a side project to my comic book posters). I was going to volunteer my services for the trading cards but didnt want to step on hyejinx's toes, but since he had to drop the project, I guess the opportunitu has presented itsself to me again.

As a testament to my skills in this area, I have attached three files below... the first is a scan of a marvel trading card, the second is my Minimate version of said card - as an exact duplicate, the third is my recreated template for these cards (since I wanted something a little more "mine" as opposed to using Marvel's template).

All in all, I can pump out these cards in as little as a few hours. The only carch would be I would need high resolutions images of each and every custom (this may have to wait until Fujis has received the lot prior to listing).

If the trading card idea is still available, Id be more than happy to take on this task, especially since I havent even begun to try customizing. Im not sure how we would go about printing these, but I was tossing the idea around about printing my own when I was completed (which wont be for a good while). However, something like this would probably end up costing me a decent amount to print, regarding cost of ink and paper... but I havent actually calculated it yet.

Just thought Id throw my services out here.

Joe

post-1674-1184843948_thumb.jpg

post-1674-1184843977_thumb.jpg

post-1674-1184844003_thumb.jpg

Those cards are cool. I think doing these would be a great add-on to this project.

Ok, I figured Id do a quick mock up of a possible card for the customs.

I used Mini Mytes Zombie as an example. It took me about 30 mins tops to create this.

Im thinking maybe somewhere on the back, I will put something about the person who did the customization, as well as maybe a disclaimer that this is done for a charity drive and not for profit.

Let me know if you guys think it fits the project.

Joe

post-1674-1184846359_thumb.jpg