UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Minimates Project

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We also don't have to rush these. I don't think anyone here wants to have them all done in a month or whatever. We can take our time and when we finally sell them they'll look really nice and polished.

Anyway, this is my (for now) final design for the pose on the werewolf card.. .not going to add the actual colors or accessories until the actual costume is done cause most likely it'll change while I'm working on it.

Pose2.jpg

Okay, so why don't we say that we've confirmed the theme (monsters) and the charity (America's Blood Center) - for this time around anyway. I think doing one for Toys for Tots next time around would be great and then we can create more age appropriate customs!

So hyejinx and Shamrock - how long would it take to create trading cards of the 17 customs (I think we're up to seventeen now) that will be created? The only thing I'm worried about is the creation of the cards delaying the process even further.

We also don't have to rush these. I don't think anyone here wants to have them all done in a month or whatever.

And no, we're not in a hurry but I'd like to list and sell these in August as that's when I've got the time to do it.

I can do the wire frame basics for most the characters in about three or four weeks weeks. Once the actual costumes are complete I'll add the colors/accessories... which ironically, don't take as much time as doing a 3Dish wireframe. I just need to know what poses people want

I'm begining to think it might be easier to not do the cards, or to take my name off the card do-er list for now.

Between the fact that they would have to be done after all the customs, and the August deadline, it might just be easier to skip them.

I'm begining to think it might be easier to not do the cards, or to take my name off the card do-er list for now.

Between the fact that they would have to be done after all the customs, and the August deadline, it might just be easier to skip them.

I agree. It's a great idea but it adds a lot of time and work to an already complicated project. Now that's not to say that hyejinx or anyone else can't include a trading card or control art or what have you to add a little pizzaz to their piece.

How does everyone else feel about it?

I don't want to put the kibosh on anyone's ideas. Hyejinx if you'd rather make trading cards for each custom than an actual custom I say go for it! It'll take a little more time, effort, and coordination but it'll be worth it. Can you throw together a generic card style for us to look at? A border on the front with a space for the character name and on the back a space for the bio with the designers name and a blurb about the project and America's Blood Center?

And Shamrock: a logo would be awesome! I think you can roll with some of the ideas you already came up with. We can always alter it later (especially if you save the file in layers).

Should I incorporate a very generic monster as the mascot?

Say a plain old skeleton or something

Yeah, sounds good. Based on your latest poster design I know whatever you do will be spectacular! (No pressure though!)

Sorry Fujis, I owe you several emails. They will be coming ...

I just read the thread and I'm down with BigFoot. He will be a 2.5".

Glad you got my emails, I thought they were bouncing. I'll mark you down for Big Foot!

Should I incorporate a very generic monster as the mascot?

Say a plain old skeleton or something

Yeah, sounds good. Based on your latest poster design I know whatever you do will be spectacular! (No pressure though!)

But not a plain old Skeleton though huh?

T.

No worries, I'm going to try to go with something that's not on the list to be made :D

Just to get people's hopes up? ;)

Actually a silhouette of all sixteen would be pretty sweet...and scary!

No worries, I'm going to try to go with something that's not on the list to be made :D

Well, whatever I'm working on now is coming out of a coffin.

Maybe it should just be a blank?

Well, whatever I'm working on now is coming out of a coffin.

Maybe it should just be a blank?

a blank minimate with a monster-mate logo maybe?

I love the idea of just one character on a card with the charity mates type logo, the customizer, character name, and the charity on there somewhere. similar to the little insert TBT did for the bombermates. maybe some sort of dark shadowy lurking fella, moon in the background, something like hyjinx has done with his avatar

Would it be in bad-taste, or against the law to have a zombified minimate in an America Blood Center Shirt?

I'd stay away from logos for the time being. I haven't heard back from ABC yet but I'll let you know when I do.

No worries Fujis... Had this project gone "all zombie" I would have made a zombie hooker, but seeing as how we're doing "classic" monsters, I'll save my undead prostitute for another project and make a more "suitable" zombie for the cause.

QUESTION for Fujis: Eventually, when all monsters are assigned to their customizers can those of us who want to, make our second or third choices we submitted to you (if no one has them as their primary assignment)?

NOTE: I'm surprized no one went after Frankenstein's monster. I thought for sure he'd have been at the top of somebody's pick list. I hope somebody scoops him up. Can't see this project go to fruition with out Frankie in it.

NOTE TO ALL COSTUMIZERS.

Once t's been decided what figure you're doing, shoot me a PM stating what your charcater concept is and if you have any preference to what the accompanying card should look like. If I don't get a message from you, I won't be able to make a card for your character. Let me know.