UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

D&D 80s Cartoon

Hmmm, maybe I need to order a set quick. Was on the fence, but these turned out really neat.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got my sets today, and I have to say that THIS is how a Minimates boxset should be done.  
Beautiful bright colors, lots of accessories, and the thing is heavy!  

Zach, have there been any discussions of continuing the line after Series 2?  With all of the classic D&D monsters, a boxset of army building monsters in animated colors would be so much fun!  A Skeleton, Lich, Owlbear.  A Beholder and Gelatinous Cube would be amazing non-articulated additions.  Maybe an opening treasure chest with alternate parts to make a  Mimic?  Include a few exclusive weapons, artifacts, treasures…maps, spellbools, etc.

While the animated items have been no problem, including our Venger diorama, getting traditional D&D items approved has been more difficult. I think if the approvals were going better, you would have seen Gallery Dioramas by now, and Minimates might have been possible. As it stands I would not count on it. 

22 hours ago, DSTZach said:

While the animated items have been no problem, including our Venger diorama, getting traditional D&D items approved has been more difficult. I think if the approvals were going better, you would have seen Gallery Dioramas by now, and Minimates might have been possible. As it stands I would not count on it. 

So what, if anything, can we hope for?

On 7/11/2023 at 1:16 PM, DSTZach said:

I honestly don't know. If Series 2 does as well as Series 1, and we renew the license, anything is possible!

That's a shame. I figured we would have at least gotten Drizzt and Strahd. Fingers crossed it does well enough to continue.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure. Sales on both cartoon sets were strong, but we haven't had much luck with the game itself. We did have some game-based product (not Minimates) in the works, but approvals have been slow, so I am not sure we would expand in that direction. 

On 8/11/2023 at 6:49 AM, DSTZach said:

Not sure. Sales on both cartoon sets were strong, but we haven't had much luck with the game itself. We did have some game-based product (not Minimates) in the works, but approvals have been slow, so I am not sure we would expand in that direction. 

It sucks approvals have been slow.  While I will likely purchase the non-Minimates product, I'd kind of like to have more Minimates product.

• 2 weeks later...

Great! The main Diamond warehouse still doesn't have them, but Ent Earth and BBTS get their shipments direct from China, I think, or at least the port of Los Angeles. I see that BBTS has them, but EE still says pre-order. Hopefully Luke and the other retailers get theirs soon.