UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AEW (All Elite Wrestling) Minimates/Vinimates

As I'm buying these without any real idea why (no disrespect meant) except that they are Minimates can I ask naive questions ?   I will anyway.

Does AEW include the use of kendo sticks ?  If so I am becoming more & more interested :yes: It's been several years ( nearly 30) since I needed to be engaged in any self-defence but I have always been of the opinion that if I reckon I might lose then grabbing the nearest piece of wood & aiming it at my aggressor is the way forward .....is this the AEW way ?

BTW I am a black-belt in Fuck-yu & Origami . Unfortunately my local Origami club has now folded.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kendo sticks are not legal per se, but AEW is a little loose as to what constitutes a disqualification. You can, for example, put someone through a table without consequences (other than it hurts), but you can't hit someone with a chair. Kendo sticks became a fairly common wrestling weapon some 30 years ago, and several wrestlers carry them to the ring as part of their gimmick. On the whole AEW is far more violent than WWE, which is relatively quite tame. By the way, if you want to see what all the fuss is about, AEW is running their biggest show ever in London in August at Wembley. They've already sold over 65,000 tickets, which is an astonishing amount this early and tracks to be the biggest non-WrestleMania event anywhere in the world, ever.

3 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

As I'm buying these without any real idea why (no disrespect meant) except that they are Minimates can I ask naive questions ?   I will anyway.

Does AEW include the use of kendo sticks ?  If so I am becoming more & more interested :yes: It's been several years ( nearly 30) since I needed to be engaged in any self-defence but I have always been of the opinion that if I reckon I might lose then grabbing the nearest piece of wood & aiming it at my aggressor is the way forward .....is this the AEW way ?

BTW I am a black-belt in Fuck-yu & Origami . Unfortunately my local Origami club has now folded.

To answer the question if it is serious, various AEW wrestlers have used kendo sticks; Hikaru Shida almost always carries one.

Got my Young Bucks from my LCS.

WONDERFUL. Now make Hikaru Shida, Will Hobbs, Eddie Kingston, Jungle Boy, Thunder Rosa, Nyla Rose, Jade Cargill, the Acclaimed, Swerve Strickland, Keith Lee, Wardlow, MJF, Ricky Starks, Jay White, the Lucha Bros, PAC, and- (rambles)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

FYI, there will be an exclusive AEW Vinimate of Dr. Britt Baker DMD put up for order on the website next weekend. It is technically exclusive to the Starrcast VI event in Chicago (Schaumburg), but it will also be available online to those not in attendance. I will be in Schaumburg, in case anyone is going. It will be bagged with a space for her signature. And we're working on another one for our next event (not NYCC, likely SDCC). 

Vinimates_AEW-SDCC_BrittBaker.jpg

Edited by DSTZach