UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates Wave 6 - Place yer bets! **Revealed Mar 16 07**

MisterPL

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome awesome awesome. Even though I'm not a fan of all these characters, I'm thrilled with the variety that DC is offering up with these sets. (Of course, I'll still be getting them all.)

I don't mind the variants they're doing of the big three. We're still getting so many lesser known characters from many teams. Wonderful! I'm doubly excited about all the JSA we've seen so far; I can't wait to complete that team. Plus, to have 6 waves announced and to be released this year is a great schedule.

Getting the deal with DCD has been a dream come true.

Seems that partnership with DCD has really brought an abundance of newly detailed parts. And let me tell you, I don't mind paying the little extra DCD mates cost if they continue to be this good. :)

I agree. I don't mind spending a little bit more so that I get the closest representation to the character as possible. DCD doesn't seem to look at the available molds and say "What can we make from this?" but rather they seem to look at the character and say "What do we need to make this?" In all fairness, based on the stuff coming out this year, DST seems to have shifted into this mindset as well. I'm not saying I'm against part reuse, as it is a necessary tool to help keep costs down, plus sometimes the parts just work. It makes perfect sense to model Bizzaro after Supes. Its just when all your characters look like the same person painted differently that you may have gone overboard. All toy companies have crossed that line before, which is fine, so long as they're willing to come back from it. I know in the past DCD has done it. There was one line of figures, probably based off of someone's art, that featured Batman, Superman, Shazam, and I think a couple others, but they all looked like the exact same character in different costumes. I don't like paying extra for the Steve Dillon universe. <_<

GA Atom/GA Green lantern

Flash/Martian Manhunter

Captain Cold/Professor Zoom

Batwoman/Supernova

I doubt I'll get any right...

And I wasn't even close. Unless we allow me to pretend I meant Supergirl but WROTE Batwoman.

Regardless...

I am super psyched about the Blackhawk/ Sgt Rock two pack, far more than I thought I would. What a great two pack- figures I didn't buy in the DC Direct line but this is one of the things I love about the 'Mates- for the price I'm willing to buy figures I wouldn't necessarily buy otherwise, like these two. And they look good.

Star Girl and Stripe- well, it's nice to see the Mates line at least pay attention to the JSA, unlike the 6"/7" line.

Supergirl and Bazarro look great. Maybe the ones I'm leats excited about but still like none the less.

The battle damage Wonder Woman and Cheetah- I'm stoked for Cheetah and OK with the battle damaged WW. I realize we're going to get big three variants all over the place, and am OK with it.

But what I think I really like is the fact that they are mixing in so many villians into the waves. Two major new villians this wave alone.

Good times. Good times

This news made many people happy today in my collectors circle. I was wondering if a couple of the pics were still just CGI representations.. they look a little shiney like the early pics of Hal Jordan last year. I would think many things will be done to fine tune these between now and November.

They all look great. Man that little minimate of Sgt Rock is gonna look great with my 1/6th Sgt Rock. Cant wait for those to get out. Intersting how they made the armor for STRIPE. Kinda like Lex. Keep up the good work.

Again, I'm not a huge DC fan. I've never really followed any of the DC comics before. I've never heard of Sgt Rock or that eagle guy or Star Girl or Stripe or Cheeta. HOWEVER, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Minimates make everything great. Without even knowing most of these characters I'm already sold and can't wait to get more Minimate goodness. Heck, I'd buy a Michael Jackson and Mackuly Culkin 2-pack if they made it ;). Still......I do long for a Kyle Rayner mate. neo

Looking forward to all of these -- the ones that aren't particular favorites still make way cool MiniMates! heh. However, there's so much CGI going on in those pictures, well, we'll have to see what the final products look like; not that DCD has disappointed me yet.

Absolutely love Cheetah's tiger hands.

Now people can make Tigra customs with Cheetah. Hair's there, tail's there and claws are there. Yup! Any customizer worth his salt wouldn't pass that up.

Again, I'm not a huge DC fan. I've never really followed any of the DC comics before. I've never heard of Sgt Rock or that eagle guy or Star Girl or Stripe or Cheeta. HOWEVER, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Minimates make everything great. Without even knowing most of these characters I'm already sold and can't wait to get more Minimate goodness. Heck, I'd buy a Michael Jackson and Mackuly Culkin 2-pack if they made it ;). Still......I do long for a Kyle Rayner mate. neo

Whoa, whoa...

Hang on there Neo...

When you catch up on the JL cartoon you'll know EVERY ONE of those characters! :biggrin:

Sgt. Rock is in JL Season 1 when they go back in time to WWII (Along with "That Eagle Guy." :tongue: ), Cheeta is in most of the seasons (but off the top of my head she was in Season 1 in "Injustice for all").

And Stars & STRIPES are in all 3 JLU Seasons. (They don't become promonant until Season 3 however).

I thought you watched all the shows. :huh:

Anyways, I agree, some of these characters look "off." At least compared to how perfect the first 5 waves were.

That being said WW/Cheetah look the best.

I'm most excited though about Stars & STRIPES. I love those 2!!! :biggrin:

Can't wait!

Wave 7 better have my other favorites: Vigilante & Question!

B)-->

QUOTE(O.B @ Jan 20 2007, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Flash/Professor Zoom

Star Girl/S.T.I.R.P.E

Dark Seid/Orion

The Atom/Atom Smasher

Thats my take

lol, i got one right fer a change. Am absolutely lovin this line, though am not stoked about sgt. rock, but the fact this line has so much variation is pleasing.

• 2 weeks later...

The decision to add Sgt Rock and Blackhawk got me thinkin, it would be cool to have a the cast of The Great Escape or the Dirty Dzen in minimate form.

This thought was inspired by the creation of the Rocky and Back To The Future minimates.

The decision to add Sgt Rock and Blackhawk got me thinkin, it would be cool to have a the cast of The Great Escape or the Dirty Dzen in minimate form.

This thought was inspired by the creation of the Rocky and Back To The Future minimates.

Rocky, Great Escape and BttF? haven't they already been done as Kubricks?

T.

• 6 months later...
I was tempted to add Apollo & Midnighter because they've been offered by DCD before but I'd actually be surprised if any characters were offered outside the DCU (which means no Wildstorm, no Vertigo, and no MAD). And it seems like they're sticking to the Silver and Modern Age for now so I think I've got some pretty safe bets.

Ah, but in wave 8 we are going to get two Elseworlds figures (Red Son Superman and Wonderwoman) and in wave 5 we got Golden Age Ma Hunkel. So the playing field is still pretty wide open. I'm totally keeping my fingers and toes crossed for any Vertigo 'mates.