UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates Wave 6 - Place yer bets! **Revealed Mar 16 07**

MisterPL

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I just checked that out and flew over to here (not literally) to tell you all.

Whos Sergeant Rock?

Your right - Bizarro is quite scary...shame we won't see them for another year

They made my favourite mecha!

Quote from JLU 'Yeah, well my dad's a mecha!'

I love that cheetah minimate and i really like the idea of putting Battle damaged versions of characters in the waves.

Something about the Supergirl and Bizarro minimates looks a bit off though.

I'd have been happy if DCD simply used most of the list of figures they've offered in their standard line but, hell, they seem to be going above and beyond that already. I woudn't be surprised to see Swamp Thing & John Constantine in the next series with Professor Zoom & Weather Wizard.

B)-->

QUOTE(O.B @ Jan 20 2007, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Flash/Professor Zoom

Star Girl/S.T.I.R.P.E

Dark Seid/Orion

The Atom/Atom Smasher

Thats my take

Okay, who'd you sleep with to get the Stargirl & STRIPE 2-pack? ;)

I am convinced we see:

Kyle Rayner Green Lantern / Sinestro

Supergirl / Bizarro

Comm. Gordon / Mr. Freeze

Black Adam / Atom-Smasher 2.5"

Covers all the bases!

We got Supergirl and Bizarro, but not together. Close though. :thumbsup:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(O.B @ Jan 20 2007, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Flash/Professor Zoom

Star Girl/S.T.I.R.P.E

Dark Seid/Orion

The Atom/Atom Smasher

Thats my take

Okay, who'd you sleep with to get the Stargirl & STRIPE 2-pack? ;)

I am convinced we see:

Kyle Rayner Green Lantern / Sinestro

Supergirl / Bizarro

Comm. Gordon / Mr. Freeze

Black Adam / Atom-Smasher 2.5"

Covers all the bases!

We got Supergirl and Bizarro, but not together. Close though. :thumbsup:

we got supergirl and bizzaro? did I miss something??

Whos Sergeant Rock?

He's a World War 2 comic book character. He was essentially the most manliest soldier ever. Imagine Batman in World War 2 without the mask, unwillingness to kill, gadgets or detective stuff, just hardcore violence.

Or if it helps, imagine Nick Fury if Nick Fury were more macho.

and give me my Fire n Ice 2 pack!

Based on what they've said about the DC minimates, that they're going to complete teams they've already started, (So JSA, classic Justice League, Injustice League, GL Corps) a Fire and Ice 2 pack doesn't seem out of the question. I mean they've already got Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Guy Gardner and Power Girl from that era.

I'm also expecting Captain Midnight, some version of Hourman and Alan Scott in future waves.

Can't say I know much about a lot of those characters, but I do recognize some custom potential when I see it. Tigra, Red Skull, war-era Nick Fury and his Howling Commandos, Captain America, Punisher, Wolverine, Bucky Barnes, and more.

As far as Bizarro is concerned, I imagine they just tossed the concept art of his face and hair on the pre-existing Superman figure. I wouldn't be surprised to see modifications as these things go from concept art to protos and finally to production.

Now, I'm overjoyed to see Cheetah, thrilled with Bizarro, and that Stargirl/STRIPE two-pack is literally a Geoff Johns fan's dream come true. But this joy is tempered by the fact that it's now been 6 waves announced, and we have only seen 1 classic Titans character, the Silver Age Robin, as well as Deathstroke. DCD must have some really far-reaching master plan going on with this line, if they're not rushing to get out the members of this a-list franchise.

Still, some wonderful Minimates. I know I'll be grabbing all 4 packs.

With that Sgt. Rock/Blackhawk set you can make lots of Blackhawk guys and lots of soldiers with extra sets.

I love all of 'em, but think I like the Supergirl the least. Somethin' about that mid-riff looks kinda off to me. But I'm still gonna get a case of 'em. They look fantastic.

I think I'm amped about Sgt. Rock most of all.

I hope we get some more classic Titans, JSA, JLA and some Metal Men, Doom Patrol and good ol' Metamorpho and Ultra, the Multi-Alien).

I am totally stoked! Wave 6 looks amazing!

-Battle damaged WW & Cheetah: Very hot pair (or should I say pairs?) :woot:

-Bizarro & Supergirl: Fantastic set as well. Bizarro does look like Christopher Walken. Hope they change his costume colours for the final release version. C'mon purple! :superman:

-S.T.R.I.P.E.S & Stargirl: Never thought I'd see STRIPES in MM form. I'm glad I was proven wrong. He's honkin' huge! :tongue:

-Sgt. Rock & Blackhawk: Are welcomed additions from the obscure! :woot: :woot: