UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates Wave 6 - Place yer bets! **Revealed Mar 16 07**

MisterPL

Ah, but in wave 8 we are going to get two Elseworlds figures (Red Son Superman and Wonderwoman) and in wave 5 we got Golden Age Ma Hunkel. So the playing field is still pretty wide open. I'm totally keeping my fingers and toes crossed for any Vertigo 'mates.

With the popularity of Morpheus and Death, anyway, that 2-pack would seem like a no-brainer in terms of being a huge seller. . .and in terms of other DC-owned brands, personally, I would kill for a Planetary 3-pack, and for some Preacher-Mates (though I'm not holding my breath on either of those).

But ultimately, if I had my own preference, I would really like these guys to finish what they've started first, before getting too far ahead of themselves. Obscure characters and variants are great, as they keep the line fresh and keep demand for the unreleased, iconic figures high. But if they started producing figures from other brands, then there would be so much to do that, before the line ended, we might never finish getting the golden age JSA, the Teen Titans, or even the iconic Justice League (in my mind this should definitely include J'onn, the Atom, and Elongated Man). Though whether it is better to have completed versions of these teams or incomplete teams along with a few characters from edgier, more obscure comics, is certainly up for debate. . .

Back to the topic at hand, I never cared much for Sgt. Rock or the Blackhawks as comic characters, but I'm definitely getting those Minimates. Man, are they sweet. As for Bizarro, what's with the joker grin? Yeesh. . .

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic