UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much were they, TM2?

I still believe I am just a collector of containers. I also believe this makes me a very poor, stupid person.

Poor? Yes. Stupid? Intelligence doesn't usually come into play when we're discussing mental disorders such as this, IMO.

Edited by karamazov80

Yeah, that works. :lol:

The value of my collection helps me to justify keeping it. And I'm getting better and better at selling old stuff off to fund new things.

Edited by karamazov80

Trailbreaker got a legends scale classics figure. If that counts for you, that's great. Me? I want something I can display with the other deluxes. (though the legends scale still had more articulation than G1 Trailbreaker by a wide margin)

I was just trying to be funny. Legends Class absolutely is not good enough for me. I hate that size.

Until Hasbro gives us a better one, though, I'm using TFTM Voyager Ironhide with Alternator Rollbar's head:

trailbreaker-001.jpg

Works for me.

I could not care less about Transformers.

Fixed. If you "could care less," that means you do care.

(Fixed my "Fixed." :lol:)

Edited by TENIME_art

Shouldn't it be "could not care less," then? Though I'll give GH the benefit of the doubt. He probably meant that he cares a little, but could care even less if pushed. I dig that custom Trailbreaker.

D'oh! That's my fault. I was so concerned with correcting it, that I put it in the wrong place. I meant to put it after "could" not "care." :lol::sweat:

And thanks. Though, now I display him with the car hood horizontal instead of at those angles. And, under the Photoshopping, the visor is painted red.

Niiiiice Trailbreaker.

Sam, I am long since over Alternators. It started out cool, but degenerated into a frustrationfest. The local stores quit carrying them well before the line ended. Never saw the last run of repaints, let alone Rumble or Ravage v2. And the initial eBay prices for the later releases were high enough that I just gave up on them. Alternators were among the first things I packed away when I reorganised what I display. Someday, I will try and hunt down the remaining ones I missed. But that is waaaaay down my toy buying priority list.

On the happy side, scored Black Shadow and Junkyard today. (okay, so Hasbro decided to call them Sky Shadow and Junkheap) So coupled with the Windcharger I found over Christmas, my Classics collection is as complete as it can be, sans Grapple and Lugnut that I never did find.

The shame of it is that the Rumble/Frenzy mold was never given an American release, and that the WC repaint Wipeout will never be seen here officially either.

LOL! I've never actually heard that thing in Japanese. That must be funny.

Miry, may I suggest Tomahawk as Blue Bachus? Paint his head blue and he's pretty good. I don't have him, but some people over at The AssLpark and TFW use him. He looks nice.

Now I've got this crazy Energon mace and no idea who to give it to...

Miry, may I suggest Tomahawk as Blue Bachus? Paint his head blue and he's pretty good. I don't have him, but some people over at The AssLpark and TFW use him. He looks nice.

Mace? What mace?

Tomahawk, eh? That might work. Thanks for the idea.

Mace? What mace?

Tomahawk, eh? That might work. Thanks for the idea.

mafia1.jpg

Blue Bacchus

And my Energon Mace that I printed off of Shapeways.

Emace.jpg

And my pre-BW RiD Predacons. Skybyte has a claw I ordered for him. (it was Whirl's but I don't have a Whirl.)

ridcybmode1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know who those guys are, but I dig that last pic. They look like some 3rd stringer Transformers you might have seen hanging around in the later part of the G1 series. Well, not so much that guy on the left, but. . .

Because I love Soundwave I ordered this Sonicron from BBTS and got it in the mail yesterday. Although it is a really cool alternate version of Soundwave it is a pain to stand up (the leg joints are super loose) and the snap feature to hold it together as a recorder SUCKS and doesn't work well at all. Oh well he still looks awesome with all my other Soundwaves.

Edited by gambitron

Oh good. I thought it was just mine. (Wife bought it for me for Christmas)

I dig him. I think the plastic quality is sub-MP Starscream, but not by much. He obviously looks great. I like the new mods removing the "hip kibble" a lot. Fingers are a bit loose. No major complaints, though it was a bit odd he didn't come with any instructions. I'm glad to be able to round out the OG Seeker crew.