UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

Happy holidays, Transformers fans.

:mellow:

You figure DST factory conditions are much better? :ermm:

There are lots of things in this world that I find I have to ignore or put aside psychologically if I'm gonna make it through the day. All the poor people of the world that have suffered so that I can enjoy my quality of life is one of those things. How many people have suffered and died in our the pursuit and maintenance of cheap oil alone? Harsh world out there. But options for an unskilled laborer in China are gonna be pretty bleak no matter what they end up doing. Boycotting Transformers isn't gonna solve the problem. The development of a thriving middle class maybe will (something we're losing in this country as places like China and India are moving closer toward that).

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still need a Grapple, the Solarstorm type that is. And the acompanying Lugnut. Ah well.

And yes Hoist was the green and orange tow truck who shared a base mold with Trailbreaker. And these two are the only first and second series cars that have not made it into any of the various Classics-by-any-other-name lines. Hope springs enternal.

And niiice score on the Inferno.

Trailbreaker got a legends scale classics figure. If that counts for you, that's great. Me? I want something I can display with the other deluxes. (though the legends scale still had more articulation than G1 Trailbreaker by a wide margin)

I would mostly be interested in an Alternators/MP type Trailbreaker/Hoist. You could sort of create one of Trailbreaker with the Nemesis Prime body and one of the movie TF's heads. As with most Alts, mods were required to create a toon accurate figure.

Happy holidays, Transformers fans.

:mellow:

You figure DST factory conditions are much better? :ermm:

Yes, they are. It's clear from eBay that they don't check their workers for theft like Hasbro does. They're not denying them a second income.

I meant the Inferno. I picked up the Grapple at Ross. Isn't Hoist the green/yellow truck?

Man, now I'm jealous. I'd love to live near a Ross. I hear all the rumors of great stuff they get and there aren't any near here.

Yes, they are. It's clear from eBay that they don't check their workers for theft like Hasbro does. They're not denying them a second income.

Good point :lol:

Man, now I'm jealous. I'd love to live near a Ross. I hear all the rumors of great stuff they get and there aren't any near here.

Don't be too jealous. The folks that shop there can be extremely unpleasant. And the toys usually have ripped up boxes that can be covered in drool, etc., often opened up and missing things as those parents just drop their kids off in the toy section to play while they scavenge for good deals.

Having said that, I almost always buy my shoes from there. You can get nice shoes for $25.

Going to Ross is very much like the dumpster diving of toy shopping. You can find good deals, if you get there on the right day and are willing to dig through piles of utter crap. And there's never a way to know what the right day is. Hence I missed Grapple and Lugnut when they came through. A Strafe was sitting there to mock me when I came in that day.

I don't know, dude. it sounds fine to me. The lyrics and tempo just match the animation well. It fits the trend lately of solemn music juxtaposed against brutal carnage (IE: Dead Island) That and it just sounds like stuff they play around here anyways. Moody, with just enough country twang to live by.

Y'all got me. I'm not a G1 guy. Did y'all see this though? I've been almost dreaming about it ever since it was announced.

img_603506_22216669_0_1325249934.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/perfect-effect-2012-teaser---cybertronian-big-convoy-and-lioconvoy-174056/

Miry, I can keep an eye out for that Grapple if you want. It was $10 when I found mine, and I saw one later. Same for you, GH. If there's something Ross is supposed to have, I'll look for it next time I go to buy some shoes :D Probably soon, because my only pair of sneakers aren't in condition to be worn in public anymore.

See, I can't say that Sam. Mine go into a box in my garage. But I keep buying them. I'm a loose collector, yet haven't opened any of the ones I have from POC/30th ann. and I've gotten most all of them.

I still believe I am just a collector of containers. I also believe this makes me a very poor, stupid person.

I don't know, dude. it sounds fine to me. The lyrics and tempo just match the animation well. It fits the trend lately of solemn music juxtaposed against brutal carnage (IE: Dead Island) That and it just sounds like stuff they play around here anyways. Moody, with just enough country twang to live by.

Y'all got me. I'm not a G1 guy. Did y'all see this though? I've been almost dreaming about it ever since it was announced.

img_603506_22216669_0_1325249934.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/perfect-effect-2012-teaser---cybertronian-big-convoy-and-lioconvoy-174056/

I feel like I'm alone in this, cause most people seem to love it. It just seems like a crappy anime music video made by a 14 year old girl to me.

Luckily though, I played the first one, enjoyed, and won't hold this horrible trailer against them, I'm still interested in playing the sequel.

As for something more TF toy related. Got myself a couple of junkheaps to go with my two wreck-gar. Did some part swapping on a junkheap and a wreckgar, so each one looks unique. Got a little junkion clan.