UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

can't wait to see more pics of that Soundwave. I still need to get a Prime to go with my TRU Rodimus but still do not want to pay the price for the MP10. I wish the faith leader was slightly taller.

Edited by Webhead

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MP 10 is coming to TRU this December.

I hope Soundwave fits G1 cassettes. That'll be the deal breaker for me.

Really? That's awesome news I didn't know that. I'm assuming it'll be sans trailer (which is ok for me) to keep the price point the same as the other TRU releases?

Edit: I just googled it and saw people are speculating around $100 and it'll be complete with trailer. nice!

Edited by Webhead

Blame Congress.

US Toy Laws still prevent a mass market Megatron that transforms into a realistic gun. Ridiculously undersized pea shooters are apparently okay. So with 0 chance of it coming to the US market, or even being shipped here without contraversy, a real G1 Megs is unlikely.

Galvatron would be a great choice all things considered.

Not being released in the US has never stopped me from being able to get it.

The problem with MP megatron isn't that he's a illegal to be released. It'd just not a well made toy, on par with the other MP toys. He has many technical issues. The gun mode probably doesn't lend very well to balancing out. A different alt mode with more freedom for design would be better. I don't care if he's a gun or not, or released in the US, I just want a well made toy.

I know all that too.

But depending on the "mood" of US customs, there have been reports of old G1 Megatrons being seized. I think that may be hassle enough for Takara to not have wanted to try it again and fix the flaws. JMO

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MKT10005&mode=retail

I like Herc, but he's too big and too expensive. At 55% the size and price, my choice is clear. I can either go to China, steal the Hercules molds, scale them down 20% and start producing knockoffs of knockoffs, or bit down, swallow my pride and buy Giant. :/

First Edition Bulkhead is one sexy toy. He's on my Classics shelf as the "Classics version of the Animated character" (because I loved Animated so unbelievably hard - WHERE IS A SEASON THREE DVD!? :verymad:).

Too bad I had to shell out twice the American price for the darker, metallic Japanese paintjob that I don't like. <_<

The new Bulkhead looks like @$$. F*ck you, Hasbro.

Prime everything looks awful.

No, I take it back. Arcee is the ONE redeeming factor of that that show. And even she's not enough to redeem it.

Prime gave me Knockout. He is now my favorite Transformer of all time. Your argument is invalid.

Related: I can't find a Knockout for the life of me. :unsure:

Yeah, I'm getting me that Soundwave. . .when he is released in the U.S. by Hasbro.

Yeeaaaahhhhh buddy!

Prime everything looks awful.

No, I take it back. Arcee is the ONE redeeming factor of that that show. And even she's not enough to redeem it.

Prime gave me Knockout. He is now my favorite Transformer of all time. Your argument is invalid.

Related: I can't find a Knockout for the life of me. :unsure:

PM sent!