UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think this has been posted yet, but it appears that another 3rd party is going after Devastator (the one doing those newly shown Seaspray and Powerglide figures--apparently it isn't Fansproject). Not much to go on yet, but I'm hoping it will be closer to the G1 look than the TransformersClub version:

http://www.maketoys.jp/simpleVC_img/m12.jpg

Also, here's a scale shot of the new TFC Constructicon with a guy's hand:

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/4081/060511162605.jpg

Painted up:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r142/bcm77/Transformers/scav1.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r142/bcm77/Transformers/scav2.jpg

That thing's gonna be freakin' huge!!

That thing's gonna be freakin' huge!!

And at $97.99 a Con, freakin' expensive!!!

Agreed. A $500 (or is it $600?) Devastator is really pushing it, no matter the size. The fact that it isn't exactly G1 accurate is the main problem I have with it, though. If it was, I think I would buy it without much hesitation.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay this is unbelievably cool looking... pricey for strickers @ $44 for the set, but man oh man does in make Trypticon look good!!

Reprolabels Upgrade set X15

They have one for Metroplex too.

just saw Dirge, Thundercracker, and Wheeljack at Target. Hadn't bought any generations before but thought they looked really good. I haven't decided whether to keep them or not but I'll say that Thundercrakcer and wheeljack look spot on!

I need a few seekers to repaint. I'm afraid $11.88 may be my best price ever for TC.

yep repainting thundercracker would easily give you the 3 G1 seekers all in the same scale...if that was your plan

Are you guys seeing the deluxe class Megs? I cant find him anywhere, just a plethora of Optimus and Ironhide

don't forget the million bumblebees

Wheeljack is indeed spot on. Looks good in both modes.

I am in the market for a movie version of Ironhide and Ratchet and need some expert advice. I have a Leader Class Prime and Deluxe Class Autobots like Bumblebee and Sideswipe, so I'm guessing that I should get Voyager Class Ironhide & Ratchet. Do those scales sound about right?

Also, I have seen a Target Exclusive DotM Ratchet (packaged in bot mode) that looks HUGE compared to what I remember the previous movies' Voyager Class Ratchet (packaged in alt mode). Are there different sizes within the Voyager Class???

Target's Ratchet is RotF Ratchet with different paint. Last time I saw this mold, it was painted darker and packaged in vehicle mode. So I think that would account his perceived hugeness in this new packaging.

Not being a fan of the movie asthetic, DotM upcoming figure annoucement make my eyes glaze over, so I am not sure that they plan a new voyager Ratchet for this movie.

That said, there were a few DotM's I picked up... Seaspray, Breacher, Terradive and Hailstorm all had 1/2 movie, 1/2 Classics feel to them, so they came home. All the pictures I saw of the Apache helicopter looked good too, but never found him. And then of course there was Lockdown... cause it was Lockdown and Lockdown is cool enough to overcome his spindely appearance by the sheer force of being Lockdown.

Anybody else seeing these Kre-O sets? I am mostly interested in the minifigures of course (don't care about the buildling sets). Anyone get any of these? If so can you post a pic of a Kreon guy next to a minimate or lego minifigure for some scale?

If you don't know what I am talking about check this link out.

Now that I have discovered that the Sentinel Prime set comes with a Soundwave (my favorite TF) I don't think I will be able to resist buying this set.

Edit-too late I went and ordered the Sentinel Prime set on TRU.com for several reasons.

1. It was available for store pickup

2. I can resell what I don't want and make back the majority of what I spent

3. I had a 10$ off 50$ or more so I added Jazz to the purchase and got him for 2$!

Edited by gambitron

Now that I have opened them I would agree. The minifigs are rad. They are lego-like but with additional articulation that makes them much cooler. Ultimately though I don't care for the building sets so they are already up on eBay.

I FINALLY got myself an Animated Rodimus, sadly I didn't realise the JP version is more of a purple than a red. Its a lovely figure but it looks odd on my display of Rodimuses.

Thankfully I tracked down a loose US Animated Rodimus which is now on its way.

Almost have a full WST collection now including KOs... god I love these things. WST Grey Shockwave and WST Ultra Magnus are amongst my favourite figures ever.