UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked in the kre-o thread, but figured it wouldn't do too much damage dropping this in here as well; is there anyone in the US willing and able to grab me a set of the blind bag kreon guys? Or whatever they have in local TrUs, etc... I understand each figurr has a unique code on the bag, so getting a set should be a doddle.

Please, do let me know

♫ I found Thundercracker! ♫

He's good. Really good. I kinda want to get a spare and put his head on Skywarp and possibly his feet, just to stop from having to buy another Skywarp (assuming they do him after the last fiasco) and have him not be too out of date. But really, he's amazing. Still looking for a cheap Starcream, and I now know that eventually I'll end up with Sunstorm too. The updates between the MP03 and the MP11 Seekers are just that dramatic to push him over the edge of perfection.

• 3 months later...

Dear Hasbro,

These Fall of Cybertron figures are neat and all, really diggin' the Bruticus, Soundwave, and Blaster, but please don't think you are off the hook on the handful of Classics you've left undone. Trailbre... ahem... Trailcutter is the biggest omission. Though never major players in any interpretations, Gears and Huffer are also missing from the original Ark crew. And there are four other Dinobots not named Grimlock, some of whom haven't been shown any toy love since 1985. (Ultra size class Sludge, make it happen) I'm not such a purist that I'm opposed to different Alt. Modes, so that Rumble/Frenzy mold you almost released would be most welcome. While we're on the subject, Soundwave needs a classics/earth mode toy of some kind. Kinda like the van that idea that started in Animated, so a more G1 take on that design would work IMO. Although an official release of that mini-recorder design would be awesome. (we'll pretend that 3rd party design never happened) I'm hoping that if the FoC Combaticons sell well, that will bode well for future combiners. And I know that you're all about the new Arcee these days, and wantng to avoid confusion, but we've waited a long, long time for Arcee as a pink convertible from you.

And let me add, the nifty new subscription service is nice, but it doesn't replace a retail release. If you thought there was an angry human cry a few years ago when Thundercracker was released as a convention exclusive, you probably don't want to think about the backlack of last remaining non-mini car first wave Autobot finally getting the Classics treatment only to be available through subscription. Not sayin', just sayin'

Sinceerly,

A guy who should be way too old to still be caring, but does. A lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Does that still work with free 2 day shipping with Amazon Prime?

I somehow doubt it, its not "released" for 6 weeks yet anyway.

Its the UK version of MP10, so its basically the Hasbro Version you guys got. Identical in everyway and at a price so insanely fecked up people have been buying a hell of a lot of them.

Going through the order page, unbelievably, they only charge 5 pounds to ship here. So, 34 pounds ($55) total. Seems too good to be true, but I'm almost willing to gamble on it anyway. . .maybe I will!

Weird, they knock 5 pounds off my subtotal when I go to check out.

Edited by karamazov80

Weird, they knock 5 pounds off my subtotal when I go to check out.

UK "tax" is pre included on prices, you're not a UK resident so you get exempted from paying it, hence the random reduction.

If memory serves MP10 is like $300 on BBTS at the moment, from what I'm told there have been a hell of a lot of these sold to Americans today.

I'm half expecting a mass cancellation/refund but its worth a gamble.

They seem to go for around $150 on eBay (BBTS marks products up when they get popular). I got mine at retail, with a $20 off coupon, for $80 plus tax (so near $90). Suffice it to say, this is an amazing deal by any measure, if it pans out. In the U.S., Amazon typically doesn't screw up with orders, and if they do, they usually honor the price they charge. But not always (there was a comic TPB deal posted about here awhile back where there were mass cancellations).

On a semi-related note, here is a recent pic of my main Transformers display (MP-10 included):

DSC_0245_zpsd893a2a6.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

I initially saw it for $120 then they marked it up to 130. At least online. Not sure what they are selling in stores.

Like I said. I was in TRU every day in December. I watched the prices climb. I'm starting a blog next year. I, personally, watched their prices climb 150% on some Lego items. I saw Prime get marked up to $150. I almost expected him to be $160 by the time everything was said and done. :(

Oh! By the way. I'm rewatching the Shout renders of Beast Wars on Netflix. Anyone who hasn't seen it, or it has been a while like me, needs to watch them again. They really do the show justice. The only down side is you're left wanting show accurate toys that are for a 20 year old show.

I've mocked your affinity for Beast Wars in the past TM2 :D , but at this point I think Has/Tak should throw a bone to fans who came up watching that show instead of G1. 3rd party companies aren't going there either, though, which makes me think there just must not be a big enough market in relation to G1 for folks to go there.