UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wave Four? What's in it?

Payload (Decepticon armored truck), Longarm (Autobot tow truck) and Final Battle Jazz (remold of Jazz with battle damage and new weapon). Recon Barricade (blue and white repaint of Barricade) may be in that wave too, but there haven't been any sightings of him yet.

SDCC Transformers panel pics!

I am loving those Animated toys. That series is sounding and looking better and better with each additional thing I see. Beasts? Yay! Dump truck? Yay! Giant Fireman axe of doom? Yay! Transforming space bounty hunter? Yay! I can't wait 'til this thing actually airs!

"Du Du-nu-nuh Nuh Nuh-nuh Na-na-na-na....... Trans-Formers!"

It's Teen Titans meets Legion/Krypto, with a dash of The Batman thrown in for good measure. Get used to it bub.

Or better yet, Do what I did. Just say "No!" to the naughty way Transformers touches your childhood and say yes to Classics GI Joe!

"Du Du-nu-nuh Nuh Nuh-nuh Na-na-na-na....... Trans-Formers!"

It's Teen Titans meets Legion/Krypto, with a dash of The Batman thrown in for good measure. Get used to it bub.

Or better yet, Do what I did. Just say "No!" to the naughty way Transformers touches your childhood and say yes to Classics GI Joe!

They are making Universe/Classics 2.0 just for people that don't care for the Animated style. It's not unlike making Sigma 6 and Classics Joes at the same time.

Yeah, I give Universe 2.0 5 waves before it folds this time around.

The first Classics never "folded" it was always meant to be a limited, filler line. It ended when it was intended to.

I was referring more to the Universe title. Trust me, I'm just as psyched about Classics 2.0 as you are. I mean, come on. It's like every Transfan's wet dream. :P

Yeah, I give Universe 2.0 5 waves before it folds this time around.

The first Classics never "folded" it was always meant to be a limited, filler line. It ended when it was intended to.

I was referring more to the Universe title. Trust me, I'm just as psyched about Classics 2.0 as you are. I mean, come on. It's like every Transfan's wet dream. :P

Well, "Universe" really doesn't seem to have anything in common with "Universe," so I don't think it's fair to compare. "Universe" seems to be just "Classics" with a name switch. At least so far it does. Maybe if it does well enough we'll get a couple prior-line repaints, but it really doesn't seem like they have anything of the sort planned.

There may be an end date planned though. The Hasbro execs sure made it sound like it would be another limited series. Maybe not as limited as Classics, but definitely not as massive as the smallest main line series. Five waves may be over-estimating it :P

Man, next year is going awesome. And a little painful, wallet-wise.

Well we're already slated to get Toxitron in it, and I think a few other older repaints were announced right along side classics. So I'm not sure. We'll see how this turns out.

...What? I didn't hear that. Toxitron, Defensor and Fractyl were all in the "look at all of these great, but canceled, toys you'll never get" case on the Hasbro tour.

The only confirmed Universe figures were Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Octane, Prowl, Ironhide and Galvatron. And those are all going to be new molds.

Anybody have any suggestions as to where to buy the Classics line transformers? Not many places seem to have them in stock any more. Looking specifically for Starscream, Bumblebee, or Rodimus.

Some Walmarts may still have them, but you're probably only going to find Wave 3 at this point. I can't really think of too many online stores that still have those ones either...

I got my Music Label Soundwave and Rumble & Frenzy earphones today! They are beautiful. I got the Spark Blue version but I haven't opened them yet. I think I might save that particular pleasure for my birthday in a couple weeks. Here is a comprehensive new gallery of the white version if anybody's interested in seeing more pictures of it. Seibertron said he should have a gallery of the Spark Blue version up by the end of the week.

I just got mine as well. They are nicely done just for the sake of being figures, let alone actual working devices. Although, I haven't bought a Mini-SD yet, so I don't know how playback/sound is. I have heard that he may be finicky as to what size card he'll take. He may ONLY take the 1 GB Mini-SD, and not anything larger or even anything smaller than that.

And he's almost perfect scale for Classics; he's just about a head taller than the Deluxe figures. He is short when compared to Megatron, but Megatron is probably a little tall when compared to the other figures anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

There will be a 90-min Animated special to introduce the series in January.

And there will be an "animated" version of IDW's Prequel to the movie on the Walmart special edition of the Transformers: The Movie DVD. Exactly how animated that will be, I don't know--I'm expecting just Flash "cut-outs" of the panels. It'll have the voice actors from the movie though, which will be a nice touch. There's a lot of Bumblebee monologue in the prequel, so he'll get to say more than two lines!