UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 74

Dave

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Fixed that for you. This is an updated costume for a current X-Man.

Thank you  :happy: The point is he's been given two recent (modern) costume variations in the past year. Many other X-Men have not. I will probably still pick up this two pack if not for anything else but hope that we will get some other members of X-Men Gold (Or any of the new costumes from Resurxion) and because I did appreciate the original Old Man Logan storyline.

I'm fairly certain the grey costume is too recent to have been added here, and that would be the fourth X-23, so at this point you're being fairly arbitrary. If it lasts more than 10 issues, I'm sure we'll get to it. I didn't know who Jimmy Hudson even was until now, being a late-in-the-game Ultimate character, but now that he's in the 616, we can track his profile.

Completely understandable, that's what I imagined as the turn around time for costumes that new would be pretty crazy. As for X-23, I primarily suggested that just because it gives me so much nostalgia for those Remmender X-Force costumes. And yes, I'm hoping Jimmy and the other Ultimate X-Men characters that have popped up in the 616 will prove to be popular, though if you haven't  heard of him, I can't say it has been so far. But, I also can't say enough about the cool things Cullen Bunn is doing in X-Men Blue.

Three Kitty Prydes already, hopefully we can do a new one soon. Ask DST about all of this stuff! Chuck reads the requests. He reads here, too, but I don't know how closely.

I would love if you could do a new one soon! As a fan of modern comics I tend to focus on more modern looks. The one modern Astonishing costume for Kitty Pryde is extremely outdated and I would love to see anything closely resembling that same costume that she's worn for more than a decade (with slight variations of course). Sorry to banter, but I will definitely do that. I never think of requesting things in Ask DST because I am generally very satisfied with the range and quality of products you guys produce. And I am by no means saying this wave will be any different. I think this just goes back to what are similar concerns that members had with the character selection for the blind bag series.

Edited by OvenproofBug6

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Mirymate said:

Still kinda hoping it's Ulik... ain't gonna lie.

If it's Surtur, I'm still cool with it... but am hoping for Ulik...cause I'm a sucker B-villains and Hench-villains. And usually, that's the role he plays.
The BoEM wave was one of my favorites, and I'm not an X-Men guy. Like at all.

Either Ulik or Surtur would be my biggest want from this wave, assuming one of these guesses is correct. I want 'em both, and it's great to see Thor villains getting some love. 

Edited by elhonez
clarity

Really surprised DST would make Old Man Logan again. The last one is still readily available at TRU, and you can ask Luke how well that set sold for him.

Also, is "Marvel's Greatest Stories" a new clue, or did we already know that?

4 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

And here I am sat still without my Inhuman Royal family and another Wolverine that will be collecting the dust in the parts bin.

You have a show coming. That will raise your chances are about to rise exponentially.

23 minutes ago, hellpop said:

Really surprised DST would make Old Man Logan again. The last one is still readily available at TRU, and you can ask Luke how well that set sold for him.

Also, is "Marvel's Greatest Stories" a new clue, or did we already know that?

He announced that title yesterday 

21 minutes ago, hellpop said:

Yeah, I'm surprised as well.  I don't remember too many people that were interested in that Bling Bag version either.  

Hopefully the rest of the wave is a little more promising.  I'm looking forward to the reveal next week! 

21 minutes ago, Mirymate said:

You have a show coming. That will raise your chances are about to rise exponentially.

Not unless it's on Netflix. Ask Agents of SHIELD. The last Coulson 'mate we got was based on a cartoon. Maybe if the Inhumans got an animated series...

9 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Not unless it's on Netflix. Ask Agents of SHIELD. The last Coulson 'mate we got was based on a cartoon. Maybe if the Inhumans got an animated series...

Sigh... yes that's true. But then Agents is full of original characters, a few name dropped people who bore no resemblance to their comics counterparts, and a relative newbie. When it became apparent Ike and ABC had no intention of selling the merchandising rights, clamor for a 616 Quake was as good as we could have hoped for. We didn't, show has held on by it's fingernails four the last 3 seasons, so there's nothing to really tie into. Ghost Rider was a big hit this year, so maybe 616 Ghost Reyes has a good chance of making into a future wave.

BUT, if against the odds Inhumans becomes a runaway hit show, the odds of the 616 Royal Family getting some minimate love goes up exponentially.

Yep. Call it the "As almost seen on TV" set. Or "Last 4 seasons on Agents of SHIELD...", or even "Guests of SHIELD"!! (you taking notes, Zach?)

5 minutes ago, Mirymate said:

Yep. Call it the "As almost seen on TV" set. Or "Last 4 seasons on Agents of SHIELD...", or even "Guests of SHIELD"!! (you taking notes, Zach?)

They did an Agent's of SHIELD comic for a while they can leverage the name. Hell even Juggernaut got into an Excalibur set.

6 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

They did an Agent's of SHIELD comic for a while they can leverage the name. Hell even Juggernaut got into an Excalibur set.

That was because Cain's guest spot in early issues of Excalibur is one of the funniest bits in Marvel Comics ever. EVER.

322f7d5e2986ef7701a5eddc957cd8f0.jpg

3 minutes ago, Mirymate said:

That was because Cain's guest spot in early issues of Excalibur is one of the funniest bits in Marvel Comics ever. EVER.

322f7d5e2986ef7701a5eddc957cd8f0.jpg

It was funny and he eventually does join an Excalibur team BUT there are more appropriate characters for the era and it was "just an excuse to get him in"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRULMSY9wSU6tTGby0Xnka

excalibur.JPGFrom Widget to Kylun to Micromax to Rachel in another outfit since so many didn't get Hound Rachel (maybe even in black or with a different hair piece) there were and are more appropriate figures for that 4 some.

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

He announced that title yesterday 

What are Marvel's Greatest stories?

Newsarama said this in 2016:

Days of Future Past

Annihilation

The Coming of Galactus

Daredevil Born Again

Secret Wars 1

Age of Apocalypse

Civil War

Death of Gwen Stacy

Dark Phoenix Saga

Infinity Gauntlet

Marvel in 2014 did a list of the top 75 https://news.marvel.com/comics/23034/find_out_the_75_greatest_marvel_comics_of_all-time/

So what could it be?

I think we might see a Bullseye V Daredevil out of this which makes me happy.

Not really.
But there's another OML variant in it almost for sure, so people are losing their minds over it, as this and the SDCC reveal are apparently the worst reveals ever.
So, all in all a pretty typical wave so far.

5 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

And here I am sat still without my Inhuman Royal family and another Wolverine that will be collecting the dust in the parts bin.

With any luck - the TV series is a success and we will indeed see Medusa, Crystal, Karnak, et al in all their 616 glory soon!