UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toyfair 2015

An active TV license? Im saying Gotham. Its has the draw of batman, even though batman isnt in it. If it IS Gotham, then I can see this segwaying into more DCTV mates. As for the SDCC 2 pack? Gordon and Bullock or Alfred and Bruce.

If it were Gotham mates, it would be just our luck to finally get a new DC property that didn't feature any f****** superheroes!

Normal people in suits are boring "action" figures.

We've gotten plenty of plain boxsets that have done well.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Characters in suits can be a great compliment to an existing product, like how Agents of SHIELD would compliment 10+ waves of Marvel Cinematic Universe Minimates.

It's hard for me to get excited about any DC TV stuff because Warner/DC went out of their way to separate the TV and Movie universes for no obvious reason.

An active TV license? Im saying Gotham. Its has the draw of batman, even though batman isnt in it. If it IS Gotham, then I can see this segwaying into more DCTV mates. As for the SDCC 2 pack? Gordon and Bullock or Alfred and Bruce.

If it were Gotham mates, it would be just our luck to finally get a new DC property that didn't feature any f****** superheroes!

Normal people in suits are boring "action" figures.

We've gotten plenty of plain boxsets that have done well.

Doesn't mean they aren't boring.

ok, I've avoided commenting in here because I want DC minimates back in the worst way. in fact, every con, toy fair, big announcement that is not DC, my affection for minimates drops. I really like so many of the new waves and licenses, but besides NIghtmare before Christmas,and the Jules/Vincent 2-pack, there hasnt been a must have for me since comic Falcon and winter soldier last year, and before that, I couldn't even tell you. Thundercats were my last big hurrah, and was very sad when that ended (besides maybe 2 more characters, it was a perfect line, and ended at a perfect time)

I've still been grabbing a lot of mates because i like minimates and all the interchangeable parts. I still love to customize, but havent been able to lately, butthis hobby is just not as fun for me without DC.

I'd love Batman '66 and even Flash and Arrow, but would not like Gotham (unless it leads to comic DC) I hate to be a debbie downer, but I'm preparing myself for another big sigh and personal letdown.

my apologies, the party pooper

Here are your Cthulhu figs Zola

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Firstly thanks to everyones kinds words, they are appreciated as I value the community here. Hopefully i can sway my little one to seeing the awesomeness of minimates (without breaking or losing mine)! So I will definitely be doing the right thing in that regard.

I wwas talking to a friend about it and I started right after minimates started 2inch scale. So Ive been involved with minimates my entire adult life, kind of trippy to think about. And my little one can now grow up with something and enjoy it in a way i never got to. Thats pretty cool too.

And thanks for the pic Gmonkey, I actually kickstarted the F*** out of those cthulhu figs. Worth it. Absolutely worth it.

Let's take another look at the clues:

-Active, mainstream license.

-Starts with a two-pack and a couple of box-sets.

-Could theoretically support blind bags.

-It (probably) has something to do with DC.

-World premier with a big outlet.

-Zach's super excited about it.

-It'll surprise us.

Now let's take a look at the guesses:

-Gotham: Lots of people in black suits, most of them minor characters. The main cast is: Penguin, Bullock, Gordon, Mooney, Bruce, Cat, Alfred and I guess Nygma. Then you have OTHER people in suits like Falcone, Maroni, etc. Yeah, I don't think it's that likely.

-66: A comic which almost no sites review doesn't count as active. And I doubt that it's mainstream. Nerds know about it, but the GA? I don't think so.

-Arrow/Flash: Most likely candidates, as they're still going strong and have a lot of characters to choose from.

-DCCU: What I consider the safest bet, since the big premier would be the first time we'd see Bats/Supes without filters, poster photosho, etc (yeah, they're toys, but still). BvS could easily support a few box-sets and I can see this opening the door to comic DC.

-Injustice: There's still a comic coming out but I don't see any new collectibles anywhere. I'd actually love to get Injustice, since we'd get tons of different characters and many costumes.

-Vertigo (Hellblazer, Fables, Preacher, Sandman, etc): I can see this happening. Lots of characters, lots of different material, could keep going for a long time. Again, it could open the door to regular DC.

-DC in general: Maybe? It's possible now that DC Direct is gone and it certainly fits all the clues but I don't know. I think they'd prefer to start small, test the waters and then proceed to give DST the whole package.

Edited by Kostisfire

ok, I've avoided commenting in here because I want DC minimates back in the worst way. in fact, every con, toy fair, big announcement that is not DC, my affection for minimates drops. I really like so many of the new waves and licenses, but besides NIghtmare before Christmas,and the Jules/Vincent 2-pack, there hasnt been a must have for me since comic Falcon and winter soldier last year, and before that, I couldn't even tell you. Thundercats were my last big hurrah, and was very sad when that ended (besides maybe 2 more characters, it was a perfect line, and ended at a perfect time)

I've still been grabbing a lot of mates because i like minimates and all the interchangeable parts. I still love to customize, but havent been able to lately, butthis hobby is just not as fun for me without DC.

I'd love Batman '66 and even Flash and Arrow, but would not like Gotham (unless it leads to comic DC) I hate to be a debbie downer, but I'm preparing myself for another big sigh and personal letdown.

my apologies, the party pooper

b448c0b47ac702addc8c3f3a4ddf2cc7d29da53f

Had to do it. laugh.png

I would think that 'active" would mean that it has a tv show that is currently running or a movie that's about to come out. Basic examples:

Active:

Mortal Kombat (new game coming out soon)

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (still on tv)

Adventure Time (tv show, probably video games too)

Not active:

Firefly (cancelled tv show)

The Office

Robocop

This is more or less how I interpret Zach's comments. This wouldn't seem like the best language to convey Zach's point if he were talking Frozen. Instead, we would probably say something like "mainstream and recent, popular property." Active suggests to me a clear, ongoing series, and that would best fit with a video game, tv show, or comic book, though also possibly obvious film franchises like Craig James Bond or Hunger Games.

-It (probably) as something to do with DC.

-It'll surprise us.

-Gotham: Lots of people in black suits, most of them minor characters. The main cast is: Penguin, Bullock, Gordon, Mooney, Bruce, Cat, Alfred and I guess Nygma. Then you have OTHER people in suits like Falcone, Maroni, etc. Yeah, I don't think it's that likely.

-66: A comic which almost no sites review doesn't count as active. And I doubt that it's mainstream. Nerds know about it, but the GA? I don't think so.

-Arrow/Flash: Most likely candidates, as they're still going strong and have a lot of characters to choose from.

-DCCU: What I consider the safest bet, since the big premier would be the first time we'd see Bats/Supes without filters, poster photosho, etc (yeah, they're toys, but still). BvS could easily support a few box-sets and I can see this opening the door to comic DC.

-Injustice: There's still a comic coming out but I don't see any new collectibles anywhere. I'd actually love to get Injustice, since we'd get tons of different characters and many costumes.

-Vertigo (Hellblazer, Fables, Preacher, Sandman, etc): I can see this happening. Lots of characters, lots of different material, could keep going for a long time. Again, it could open the door to regular DC.

-DC in general: Maybe? It's possible now that DC Direct is gone and it certainly fits all the clues but I don't know. I think they'd prefer to start small, test the waters and then proceed to give DST the whole package.

You forgot “Also getting Selects”, so you have to rule out:

-Arrow/the Flash (DCC is making Select scale figures)

-DCCU (Mattel won’t allow it, and yes, they’re still in play)

-Vertigo/DC in general (DCC isn’t going to let DST eat it’s lunch when they make select scaled figures)

So it’s Gotham or Batman 66 (I don’t think “Injustice” is “active” given those assholes haven’t updated Mobile-to-Console data sharing so I can unlock my Arkham Harley skin in at least 5 months, would be weird to not update an “active” game)

I also think you’re putting too much emphasis on blind bags meaning it would need to be a HUGE line. We’ve seen two waves of TMNT blind bags, all of which were also in 2-packs meaning “box sets and blind bags” doesn’t mean “12 different characters a wave” it means “you can buy ‘em blind, you can buy a set, whatever!”... Also despite 3 sets of blind bags and 1 set of 2-packs having been revealed we’ve only gotten 12 unique characters for TMNT, so something with a small east like Batman ’66 could easily fill box sets AND blind bags (just given Batman different gadgets and expressions, DONE!)

and if you need reviews to be mainstream, Batman ’66 is collected into trades: http://www.amazon.com/Batman-66-Vol-Jeff-Parker/dp/1401249310/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1423683555&sr=1-1&keywords=batman+66 (four and half stars, nice! I should read that even if we don’t get minimates!)

-It (probably) has something to do with DC.

-It'll surprise us.

THIS. THISSSSSSSSSS

Thank you Hellpop for getting this crazy train rolling.......

Zach! What are you doing videos on Mass Effect and not here teasing us with more,....um.....hints?

http://youtu.be/rONIl5sJF2k

-It (probably) as something to do with DC.

-It'll surprise us.

You forgot “Also getting Selects”, so you have to rule out:

-Arrow/the Flash (DCC is making Select scale figures)

-DCCU (Mattel won’t allow it, and yes, they’re still in play)

-Vertigo/DC in general (DCC isn’t going to let DST eat it’s lunch when they make select scaled figures)

So it’s Gotham or Batman 66 (I don’t think “Injustice” is “active” given those assholes haven’t updated Mobile-to-Console data sharing so I can unlock my Arkham Harley skin in at least 5 months, would be weird to not update an “active” game)

I also think you’re putting too much emphasis on blind bags meaning it would need to be a HUGE line. We’ve seen two waves of TMNT blind bags, all of which were also in 2-packs meaning “box sets and blind bags” doesn’t mean “12 different characters a wave” it means “you can buy ‘em blind, you can buy a set, whatever!”... Also despite 3 sets of blind bags and 1 set of 2-packs having been revealed we’ve only gotten 12 unique characters for TMNT, so something with a small east like Batman ’66 could easily fill box sets AND blind bags (just given Batman different gadgets and expressions, DONE!)

and if you need reviews to be mainstream, Batman ’66 is collected into trades: http://www.amazon.com/Batman-66-Vol-Jeff-Parker/dp/1401249310/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1423683555&sr=1-1&keywords=batman+66 (four and half stars, nice! I should read that even if we don’t get minimates!)

I just don't think Zach would be super excited for Gotham and 66. And I think the most important clue is that it'll surprise us, so I've tried to think logically but not too logically. And mainstream, for me, means that if I go next door and ask the 15 year old if he knows <insert brand here>, he'll do. 66 is pure nostalgia, not mainstream. Batman is mainstream, Call of Duty is mainstream, Mario is mainstream. A TV series from almost 40 years ago is, in my book at least, not.

As for that one review, I don't think it counts that much. Comic Vine hasn't reviewed a single issue and I haven't seen any threads about it over at CBR. Valiant gets glowing reviews and all their floppies are reviewed on time. Are they mainstream? No. I'm not saying 66 isn't possible, but it's neither active, nor mainstream.

Could Gotham really pull off blind bags and selects? "In each case full of guys in suits, hunt for the 1-per-case bald guy in a suit!" Yeah, I don't think that's going to pull in the kiddies. And guys in suits selects won't do any better.

I guess we'll see what it is come Saturday, but I'm betting on DCCU or DCTV, while keeping some hope for DC in general.

I want to take the time to say, this thread is g*ddamn amazing... I’m actually going to sad when we find out what it because crazy ass guesses and watching people sleuthing is waaaaaaaaaaaay more fun than waiting 6 months for announced product to his my BBTS Loot Pile.

OH!!! How about God Of War?!

-Active: Another game is rumored to be in development, and Kratos is always showing up as a guest character somewhere (maybe in new MK even? Was he invited back?)

-Sort of DC: DC put out a comic a while ago

-Big Announcement: Kratos is pretty much Sony’s mascot

-Selects: DCC tried to do GoW3 figures but failed, NECA has said they had issues with working with Sony so didn’t want to try again... seems like the rights could be open

-Blind bags: sell the box set figures in bags at Gamestop

-ComicCon 2-pack: Olive skin Kratos, His wife who’s name escapes me, Snarf-style Calliope

-Box Sets: Different costumed Kratos anchors each set, paired with a different major God, two monsters

did I just guess it?!

tumblr_m13y5hQmI81rq35r9o1_500.gif

I want to take the time to say, this thread is g*ddamn amazing... I’m actually going to sad when we find out what it because crazy ass guesses and watching people sleuthing is waaaaaaaaaaaay more fun than waiting 6 months for announced product to his my BBTS Loot Pile.

-Active: Another game is rumored to be in development, and Kratos is always showing up as a guest character somewhere (maybe in new MK even? Was he invited back?)

-Selects: DCC tried to do GoW3 figures but failed, NECA has said they had issues with working with Sony so didn’t want to try again... seems like the rights could be open

-ComicCon 2-pack: Olive skin Kratos, His wife who’s name escapes me, Snarf-style Calliope

-Box Sets: Different costumed Kratos anchors each set, paired with a different major God, two monsters

did I just guess it?!

tumblr_m13y5hQmI81rq35r9o1_500.gif

I get it, I get it, most of the "guesses" are far-fetched hopes but I just don't think 66 fits all the clues. There are other options that fit them better but I guess we'll know in a few days.

As for the God of War guess, sarcastic or not, it fits some clues. Oh well, only 3 days remain.

did I just guess it?!tumblr_m13y5hQmI81rq35r9o1_500.gif

I get it, I get it, most of the "guesses" are far-fetched hopes but I just don't think 66 fits all the clues. There are other options that fit them better but I guess we'll know in a few days.

As for the God of War guess, sarcastic or not, it fits some clues. Oh well, only 3 days remain.

Three days too long

you misunderstand my tone: I legit love this guess thread, I will be sad because NOTHING announced will be as fun as trying to make guess fit the clues, and God of War *WAS* a real guess (I could use a better articulated 7 inch Kratos now that NECA’s finally releasing Dante)

this thread is awesome (I’ve been trying to find a gif of JJ Abraham’s Trek Scotty saying “I like this thread it’s exciting” but can only find one where he says “ship” I know that’s the real quote, but I feel people are to use that gif when it’s about ‘shipping’ so it doesn’t fit here.)

you misunderstand my tone: I legit love this guess thread, I will be sad because NOTHING announced will be as fun as trying to make guess fit the clues, and God of War *WAS* a real guess (I could use a better articulated 7 inch Kratos now that NECA’s finally releasing Dante)

this thread is awesome (I’ve been trying to find a gif of JJ Abraham’s Trek Scotty saying “I like this thread it’s exciting” but can only find one where he says “ship” I know that’s the real quote, but I feel people are to use that gif when it’s about ‘shipping’ so it doesn’t fit here.)

Yeah, that's why I said "sarcastic or not". That's the problem with message boards, you can never be sure what the other person's tone is. I've seen instances where something was taken the wrong way and it resulted in 3 or 4 pages of a flame war. As for GoW, it would be a surprise, and it fits all the clues, and is the same with MK X as far as the DC connection goes. Kratos was going to be in the Sony line (they did some control art) but alas, that'll never happen. At least I have my awesome SS Lobsterman Kratos custom so I'm covered.

I'm also worried that the result may not be as grand as we're thinking it'll be, but Zach hasn't tried to lower our expectations, he has raised them, so I remain optimistic.

Edited by Kostisfire

I hesitate to throw this out there but Mattel has been on Disney's shit list for a while now. Disappointing sales led Disney to let Hasbro take a stab at Frozen and Disney Princesses last year when The House That Barbie™ Built dropped the ball.

Just a couple weeks ago, Mattel's CEO resigned after the company posted a holiday net loss of about 59% in revenue from the previous year.

Given how poorly they've handled Green Lantern, The Dark Knight, and Man of Steel, Mattel needs to get their act together or WB/DC will start pulling licenses... if they haven't already.

I hesitate to throw this out there but Mattel has been on Disney's shit list for a while now. Disappointing sales led Disney to let Hasbro take a stab at Frozen and Disney Princesses last year when The House That Barbie™ Built dropped the ball.

I’ve heard legend that Disney actually gave the Frozen/Princess to Hasbro because the House of Mouse just plans to buy Hasbro outright in a few years given they’re already making their Star Wars and Marvel toys and would want that in house (and it would give them control over the Transformers franchise as well which they’re probably not against) and letting your top competitor make an offer to continue selling one of your top selling products when you get just take it makes no sense (they learned their lesson from the Marvel CU!) If this legend pans out it would also explain why the branch of Hasbro that used to run HUB pulled it’s bid to buy Dreamworks, if Hasbro top brass knows Disney’s going to buy them out they probably don’t want anyone calling their buying one of Disney’s ‘competitors’ into suspicion and holding up a buy out.

plus Disney themselves dropped the ball as well, because no one expected Frozen to be as huge as it was, Disney Store items were also in short supply and high demand, the article linked to also makes no mention of Mattel’s failing being why the license was pulled.

Edited by dr baghead

*forehead slap* I got it. I know what the new license is. Looney Tunes!

Its a mainstream, active license (meaning it is widely known and they continue to put out fresh new product)

It's "DC related" in that DC and Looney Tunes are both owned by parent company WB.

2-pack could be Bugs and Daffy, box sets could be the other main characters.

Well known enough to support *shudder* blind-bags.

*forehead slap* I got it. I know what the new license is. Looney Tunes!

Its a mainstream, active license (meaning it is widely known and they continue to put out fresh new product)

It's "DC related" in that DC and Looney Tunes are both owned by parent company WB.

2-pack could be Bugs and Daffy, box sets could be the other main characters.

Well known enough to support *shudder* blind-bags.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

post-9944-0-40173900-1423690527_thumb.jp

post-9944-0-38580300-1423690543_thumb.jp

post-9944-0-52360000-1423690562_thumb.jp

post-9944-0-23132900-1423690580_thumb.jp

post-9944-0-47716500-1423690597_thumb.jp

post-9944-0-37477200-1423690613_thumb.jp

post-9944-0-73137500-1423690640_thumb.jp

post-9944-0-30235700-1423690656_thumb.jp