UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Deadly Foes Of Spider-Man-Box Set - Luke's Toy Store Exclusive!

Kostisfire

Hey Luke, is the Best of Hulk purple close to this Lizard's purple? I'm thinking of keeping one Lizard like this, turning the one from my second set into Connors and having the third one be a Hulk-Lizard (like he is portrayed sometimes in comics) sort of fig.

My plans are:

Set 1-as is

Set 2-Connors, Flint Marco, Cletus, Superior Carnage and Bussiness Suit/Trenchcoat Ock.

Set 3-Hulk-Lizard, Monster Ock, White Suit Ock or Buff-waist-Tentacles Ock and Superior with Tentacles.

Edited by Kostisfire

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carnage and Doc Ock look a lot better than their previous releases. I'm still on the fence about Lizard. His head just looks too damn big.

Does Carnage have tampos on the back of his legs and back?

Edited by MisterMiracle

Hey Luke, is the Best of Hulk purple close to this Lizard's purple? I'm thinking of keeping one Lizard like this, turning the one from my second set into Connors and having the third one be a Hulk-Lizard (like he is portrayed sometimes in comics) sort of fig.

My plans are:

Set 1-as is

Set 2-Connors, Flint Marco, Cletus, Superior Carnage and Bussiness Suit/Trenchcoat Ock.

Set 3-Hulk-Lizard, Monster Ock, White Suit Ock and Superior with Tentacles.

Yes it is a near perfect match to the Best of Hulk's purple. Great ideas for your sets!

I will take some pics in the next few days comparing the colors.

If you pay with PayPal, the money comes out of your account right away. If you use a credit card, a temporary authorization is made on your card that last a few days, but your card is not permanently charged until we ship.

Can i use my credit card for the temporary authorization thing and then pay with my pre-paid when they ship?

Does Carnage have tampos on the back of his legs and back?

Yep he does, as well as the sides of his legs and torso. I don't have my nice camera with me at the moment, but here is a cell phone camera shot:

IMG_20140509_103142522_zps3datr9wb.jpg

I will take some pics in the next few days comparing the colors.

If you pay with PayPal, the money comes out of your account right away. If you use a credit card, a temporary authorization is made on your card that last a few days, but your card is not permanently charged until we ship.

Can i use my credit card for the temporary authorization thing and then pay with my pre-paid when they ship?

Sure! Just leave a message in the comments box during checkout, and we will contact you for new payment information once these arrive.

I didn't think the new Carnage was all that different from the old one, until I just saw that picture. They have managed to improve on one 'mate that I really didn't think could be improved on.

Agreed!

A combination of both Doc Ocks might work for me. New body, with the F&F face, and a couple of the F&F tentacles.

YAY! I was worried the back of Carnage would be just plain red. I really liked that original Carnage but this new is all kinds of amazing.

I think the colors are way better on the new Doc Ock but I think I like the head on the previous release better. The glasses on the new one look kinda strange. Like they're glasses without lenses and he has no eyes.

Edited by MisterMiracle

YAY! I was worried the back of Carnage would be just plain red. I really liked that original Carnage but this new is all kinds of amazing.

I think the colors way better on the new Doc Ock but I think I like the head on the previous release better. The glasses on the new one look kinda strange. Like they're glasses without lenses and he has no eyes.

they have lenses...hence the shading

they're based on these

7at4RVn.gif

I've had more time than most to digest these new versions & I've purposely kept quiet for a while . Now I'd like to say that despite an initial reservation about Lizard I just love these versions.

I've often goaded DST that the original Carnage couldn't be improved on .....I got that wrong.

Doc Ock always needed to walk on his tentacles (I said tentacles) pinch.gif .......now he does thumbsup.gif

I always hated the tampoed Lizard ..............I had reservations about the new one [ having seen early art] ... now I really like this sculpted version.

The Sandman is almost an homage to the W18 version & is different enough to be a very worthy addition or replacement.

Luke kindly let me in on his secret some weeks ago & I imagined that there were a few others 'sharing' but at C2E2 [prior to the announcement] it became clear that this 'few' were 'fewer' than I had realised .......keeping schtum was hard work !

Undoubtedly one of the best if not the best box set we've had in years .

I knew he had something up his sleeve and could not be happier for him.

Even if this was a boxset of stinkers... I'd be picking up a bunch.

Let's help Luke sell this out so he can get another exclusive.

Yeah that Lizard head looks very odd to me too. Definitely looks big from the pics I've seen.The hands with the thumb in the middle of the palm are definitely not a favorite of mine. I understand why they do it (assembly) but it always looks like the hand is twisted outward. The Connors body looks great, It'll be nice to add him to the collection.

Sandman looks really good, love the head tampo, huge improvement over the wave 18 release.

Carnage is pretty neat looking, not a favorite of mine and I was fine with his original release but I think I'll combine the two to get my perfect Carnage.

Ock looks swanky with his new arms! Another one I was fine with but the new one will have a place on the shelf.

Overall, it's not a set I NEED as I have versions of all four characters, but the improvements are enough that I'll pick one up and enjoy having them.

Congrats to Luke for scoring the exclusive!

Edited by Ronan The Accuser

I think they were referring more to the change in production for 'mates, the move from tempos to sculpted pieces. For Carnage the loss of tampos seemed like a big deal, I think Zach or Chuck even said at one point if they redid Carnage he would be mostly sculpted, so a lot of people were thinking the original was a tough act to follow. Luckily, they topped it.

I don't know that anyone thought Carnage couldn't be improved, it was more that he wouldn't be. From what we've seen lately it seemed like all the necessary tampos would be prohibitively expensive so he would turn out more like the recent Spider-Man 'mates. Obviously they found a way to make the cost work out and made Carnage look more like the comics in the process.

I understand people have their sentimental favorites, but what I don't understand is when people say something from eleven years ago "can't be improved."

I'll bite biggrin.png I have often used the original Carnage as an example of Minimate production excellence . Most everything we get from DST gets better & better but there have been occasions when the lack of a tampo here & there has cost that minimate its place in my sentimental favourite league ......such a minimate would be Crossbones . The original Carnage is the epitome of simplicity & if I were a hyper-critical type of guy whistling.gif then I'd have to ask whether the new Carnage is sooooooooooooo different from the first ? I'd also point out that the new one has something 'pink' rather than 'white' going on around his mouth,that may be by design rather than error but I can't help thinking that it is the latter ?

I think the new Carnage is an improvement on the last one but let's be honest it's only the second we've had in 11 years & it ought to be perfect . I'm not sure it's perfect & that has zilch to with sentimentality.

I'm a fussy bastard BTW.

I think a pink mouth is on purpose:

carnage-marvel-comics_zps4dec9a47.jpg

Yeah, as far as Carnage goes, Bagley's take on him is probably the most recognizable, dare I say "iconic"? So, makes sense to use that version as a reference point IMO.