UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 54

Nessex

Zach, I've been meaning to ask you, is DSTChuck feeling ok? The Scarlet Spider has been around for a while and no sign of a 'mate. We know how he loves his Spider-Mates....

We've got some Spidey stuff in TRU 17, but keep asking, I guess.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have absolutely no idea who will be in either of these waves... i'm thinking Sunfire could be a good guess, with him being in Uncanny Avengers. and i'd love to add him to my X-Men display. but only one of the heroes is a first time mate... so maybe Modern Wasp? a specific corner of the MU could also mean space... space suit Iron Man and Rocket Racoon?

of course, i'd love to see Banshee, Wiccan and Hulking. it's been said that Banshee is pretty close to the top of the list of mates that need to be made, and he is making a reappearance in UA, although as a bad guy... Wiccan and Hulking i'd say are the 'main' characters in the current YA series, so maybe we'll see them? an awesome TRU wave could be Banshee + Sunfire, Wiccan + Hulkling, something Spider Man (i don't follow the series so i don't know who'd be a good guess for a current character), and uh some bad guys from w54. Or Hawkeye and Hawkeye.

Fan service, you say?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Swimsuit Psylocke w/Powerhouse chest?

Where exactly did Jim Lee learn to draw hips? I know, I know, I'm just bdh.gif ... but I can't help it.

I think it was at the Rob Liefeld Institute. Luckily he learned to draw feet somewhere else.

Zach, I seriously can't believe you guys are putting out a wave that's mostly villains. That is just unheard of. Maybe soon you'll make a mostly female wave too and break all the toy-business rules. Insanity!

Fan service, you say?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Swimsuit Psylocke w/Powerhouse chest?

Where exactly did Jim Lee learn to draw hips? I know, I know, I'm just bdh.gif ... but I can't help it.

I think it was at the Rob Liefeld Institute. Luckily he learned to draw feet somewhere else.

Zach, I seriously can't believe you guys are putting out a wave that's mostly villains. That is just unheard of. Maybe soon you'll make a mostly female wave too and break all the toy-business rules. Insanity!

Maybe it's a wave of all female villains. Viper! Titania! Enchantress! Thundra! The mind reels.

Four villains, three never made

Two heroes, one never made

And a highly requested villainous army builder

I'm ruling out FF as we just got two full waves. Daredevil not long before. Spidey's in 17, which made it sound like he's NOT here. The focus on villains suggests a solo hero to me, as a team makes focusing on heroes too easy to pass up.

Hulk? Hawkeye? No... I think I've got it...

Cable (current look)/Stryfe

Reverend Stryker/Bastion

Forge/Purifier

Bishop/Purifier

Modern Cable would TOTALLY count as a new look that isn't technically a NOW look, and for a character who has repeatedly headlined his own books, we've only so far seen a pair of Nate 'mates

(Maybe Dr. Nemesis in place of Forge, with parts for both "classic" and X-Force looks)

Nice theory Jason, but I don't think Purifiers are heavily requested troop builders. Something like updated AIM agents fits the bill to me more than the lesser known Purifiers.

And I'm hoping for the start of the Wrecking Crew in this wave also. I think they are easily the third most recognized Marvel villain team (behind the Sinister Six and Brotherhood of Evil Mutants). Their exposure in comics, cartoons and video games over the last few years has really brought them back to the forefront when it comes to exposure (not to mention figures in both scales of Hasbro products). Way overdue.

Then let's go a different route -

Hawkeye (modern Clint Barton)/AIM agent

Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)/AIM agent

Wrecker/Piledriver

Modern MODOK/Madame Masque

Then fingers crossed for a track suit Rhino in the ASM 2 wave, so we can create an army of Russian track suit mafia 'mates, bro

We could also sub-in Punisher and Sgt. Cole-Alves in place of Hawkguy and Kate, but the MODOK/Madame Masque pair might need tweaking

I think an updated Hydra or AIM agent is likely, as I think those are the most highly requested army builders out there. And then maybe we'll get Baron Strucker and/or Viper among the new bad guys.

I strongly suspect we'll be seeing Sunfire (as the hero we've seen before), Banshee (as the new hero), Toad and Blob (as the new villians). Could this be a wave?

Sunfire/Banshee

Toad/Blob

Baron Strucker/new Hydra soldier

Viper (variant)/ new Hydra soldier

Doesn't seem like a strong enough wave to me, but that's where my instincts lead me.

Reverend Stryker/Bastion

Forge/Purifier

Bishop/Purifier

Modern Cable would TOTALLY count as a new look that isn't technically a NOW look, and for a character who has repeatedly headlined his own books, we've only so far seen a pair of Nate 'mates(Maybe Dr. Nemesis in place of Forge, with parts for both "classic" and X-Force looks)

I've never even heard of Reverend Stryker, Bastion, Purifier or Dr Nemesis. If this were their idea for a wave that 'crosses names off want lists' I might as well just give up on this line now.

Reverend Stryker/Bastion

Forge/Purifier

Bishop/Purifier

Modern Cable would TOTALLY count as a new look that isn't technically a NOW look, and for a character who has repeatedly headlined his own books, we've only so far seen a pair of Nate 'mates(Maybe Dr. Nemesis in place of Forge, with parts for both "classic" and X-Force looks)

I've never even heard of Reverend Stryker, Bastion, Purifier or Dr Nemesis. If this were their idea for a wave that 'crosses names off want lists' I might as well just give up on this line now.

Reverend Stryker = crazy anti-Mutant religious fundamentalist from the graphic novel God Loves, Man Kills. Colonel Stryker from the X-Men films is loosely based on him.

Hawkeye (Modern)/Abomination

Wrecker/Pile Driver

Whirlwind/Hydra Agent

Mockingbird (classic)/Hydra Agent

^ I wish.

Not wrong at all. They were sweet looking goons. I think they'd make awesome minimates. I was kinda bummed that we never saw them after DST made that cool Dark Reign poster.

marvel-dark-reign-poster-final.jpg

The wish-listing is getting pretty massive now. I know Zach has said there will be a lot of fan service in waves 54, TRU17 & TRU18... but we should still probably count on seeing at least some heavy hitters (the Captain Iron Spiderine-types)