Wave 54

Nessex

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about waves 52 and 53?

The Wolverine, Thor 2

Ah, must have missed that. Thanks! Hopefully Hogun and Fandral will be included in the Thor 2 wave...

>

I'm really hoping it's some classic Marvel wish list crossing off.

Ideal wave for me would be something like

Banshee, Sunfire

Nighthawk, Mockingbird

Hellcat/Tigra variant, Mandroid

Knocks out the first West Coast Avengers roster, Giant Size X-men, and gives us great depth for Defenders. But it'll never happen because there's no "A-listers"...

ockquote>

Dude, if we get a Mockingbird Minimate, I will cry tears of joy.lockquote>Sorry, this is probably a noobish question. If we do get Mockingbird and Tigra mates, what Iron Man armor is Rhodey wearing on WCA #1? I'm by no means an Iron Man armor expert, but it looks like Silver Centurion to me.

Yup, it's Silver Centurion. And it's not a noobish question.

Yes, but it's not Rhodey. He was in the WCA mini, in the classic red and yellow suit. By the time the regular series had begun, Tony had returned. Rhodey never wore the Silver Centurian armor, just Tony.

I figure Black Widow is a popular enough character that has been released enough times for those with the champions boxset or who have settled with a movie version to be able to pass up for the variant and still get Winter Soldier. Black Widow is pretty A list these days.

Poor, poor X-Factor. Their time will come. One day. I'm definitely interested to see more modern costumes. For the most part, I'm really digging a lot of the modern costumes that I've seen. Thanks for the info, Zach.

Poor, poor X-Factor. Their time will come. One day. I'm definitely interested to see more modern costumes. For the most part, I'm really digging a lot of the modern costumes that I've seen. Thanks for the info, Zach.

Hey they still haven't announced the SDCC NYCC exclusives so maybe there? 90's X-Factor for SDCC (Strong Guy, Polaris, Havoc, Wolfsbane) then NYCC (Monet, Theresa, Darwin, Shatterstar) with a later TRU two pack of Layla & 90's Multiple Man? This is tougher than I thought...

And there may technically be some Marvel Now in there, in that there are some modern versions. My bad.

That's an interesting comment. So, someone (or ones) in this wave has a current costume, but it isn't new enough to have initially registered with you as a "NOW" look? Who didn't get a new costume for NOW, but is considered a modern version of the character? I guess Bucky went back to his Winter Soldier costume for his new book. Was Hawkeye wearing his movie/Ultimates-esque costume before NOW started?

Am I reading into it too much?

Edited by Lobsterman

We are getting a Superior Spider-Man minimate about ten minutes after he started appearing in the comics, so I think Chuck is still on his game. I am a little surprised that this wave isn't Spider-Man themed though.

I agree, it's rare to see other Marvel toy lines get the drop on a new Spider costume, even if it is technically a new character. Then again, there hasn't been a normal blue and red Spider-Man in the Marvel Legends line since it returned either.

I highly requested villian army builder you say ......... I'm stumped

Oh and 1 new hero 3 new villians (1 being a variant to go with the army builder which means they could be themed)

HOT SEX!!!!!

Because NOBODY requests army builders around here.

And none of the villains are variants. One might be a rare, I forget which, but all are different characters.

And yeah, this wave is kind of themed, my bad. The TRU assortments are more hodge-podgey, but this one is from a distinct corner of the MU.