UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who is the single most important Marvel VILLAIN still waiting for a Minimate? POLL ADDED - Round 3 - Pick ONE

youbastards

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since we're going for "importance," I had to put aside my personal preferences (e.g. Constrictor, Baron Mordo) in favor of more far-reaching, cross-team and "ubiquitous" villains. I chose:

Super Adaptoid, Dragon Man, and Fin Fang Foom.

Okay.

Went with the Enchantress and Silver Samurai, even though I think the Blob's more important then ol' Double S. But he's just so cool....

Interesting how many nominees ended up with zero votes. I guess we were just really throwing names out there. Maybe for the heroes poll, a character has to be mentioned by more then one MMMVer to qualify for the poll? I mean, I brought up Killraven there, but even I wouldn't vote for him.

EDIT: Never mind, I see you already put that poll up. Busy Sunday for you, YB.smile.png

Edited by hellpop

I voted for Mojo and Pyro, wanted to vote for Avalanche, Silver Samurai and Strfe. Wish Spiral would've been included or made to this round, she and Destiny are the two most important female X-Villains that haven't been made yet.

Living Laser, like Spot, will appear in a future poll to be determined. Kind of a "Best Supporting" category...

I do like a good poll, thanks for organising this! thumbsup.gif I think a poll for most important unmade civilian/alter ego (eg Don Blake) would be interesting too.

Spiral is in the recently relaunched Uncanny X-Force. I'm hoping that'll help parlay her into minimate form via an Uncanny X-Force box set part deux, or something like that.

Would be nice, but I'm not a fan of any of the costume redesigns. I want Spiral in her classic light blue jumpsuit with the helmet.

I really want Toad, Blob, Pyro and Avalanche in equal measure. I would not say I strongly want any one of them more than the others, but I do strongly want all four of them more than any other villains (X-Men villains or otherwise)...

These four guys... to me, basically... are the iconic Brotherhood. I know that as far as 616 canon is concerned they don't even perfectly line up with any one brotherhood team, I'm not even 100% sure all four of them have EVER been in the Brotherhood at the SAME time... I know 3 of them weren't original members, I know Toad wasn't a "Freedom Force" member... but they're the four that to me... really epitomize the Brotherhood.

They're the ones that constantly float in and out of every re-forming or re-surgance of the Brotherhood. Two or three of them are pretty much universally in every incarnation. Pretty much every mass media representation of the brotherhood has some combination of them...

Pryde of the X-Men: Blob, Pyro, Toad
90s Cartoon: Blob, Pyro, Avalance
Evolution: Blob, Avalance, Toad
Wolverine and the X-Men: Blob, Avalanche, Toad
Movie-verse: Pyro, Toad
X-Men Legends: All four

When Kang finally got made, and people lobbied for support for new characters, I chose to get behind Toad specifically for 2 reasons. 1st is: Of the four, Toad is the one who works best as a standalone choice. Blob, Pyro and Avalanche tend to show up together more often, or as flunkies in a greater collective. Toad on the other hand will serve quite often as Magneto's one and only right hand. Pyro and Avalanche practically feel joined at the hip. Blob is occasionally on his own too, I admit... but that brings us to the 2nd reason: Yes, the poster. The poster is a nice little tale that helps people rally behind Toad. As Miry said, it almost feels like unfinished business somehow.

I just chose to get behind Toad as the single most focal one for those reasons... but my REAL hope is that if we can manage to get ONE of them we'll inevitably get ALL of them. DST seems much more apt to finish teams once started, than they usually do to start them in the first place.

And yes, make no mistake, the moment we DO get Toad... I will shift focus to Blob as the number one most needed Villain... lol. And then Pyro. And then Avalanche. Because it's really a rounding out of the Brotherhood's core members that I ultimately want to see. Toad is just the catalyst I hope will start a greater chain reaction.

And if we get Mastermind, Destiny, Spiral, a Quicksilver update, or Sauron in a loincloth along the way... in a supplemental TRU 2-Pack or something... so much the better... imo. (Though I'm not clamoring quite so hard for them.)

Edited by Gillbob316