UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who is the single most important Marvel VILLAIN still waiting for a Minimate? POLL ADDED - Round 3 - Pick ONE

youbastards

I'd also say the Enchantress, as she's challenged both Thor individually and the Avengers as a group, and has popped up in several other Marvel books over the years. Looking at the modern Marvel Universe, I'm still surprised that we never did get the Hood, since he was such a big part of the MU for awhile there, and wouldn't require any new pieces. But the time for him has probably passed.

As for whom we'll never see, I'm afraid that a lot of the cool, colorful old villains are unlikely. Guys like the Living Laser, Grey Gargoyle, Constrictor... I just don't think they are very likely. Thanks for bringing me down, YB.sad.png

Doesn't Mokk in the Fear itself box set count as a Grey Gargoyle?

NO. Not at all.

And as far as Toad is concerned, I actually like Toad himself, I hope we don't get the boring version from the poster but a much more detailed version.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toad is a prety cool second tier X-villain. Heck they let him lead the Brotherhood for a little while. But as far as minimates go... yeah it's mostly because of the poster. It feels like unfinished business somehow.

Of course, my favorite version of the Toad isn't 616's Mortimer Toynbee, but 11052/X-Men: Evolution's Todd Tolensky. No chance of getting a minimate of him without it being a DIY version. >shrug<

I'm also enjoying the amount of Stryfe-love on this thread. I'm hopeful that he'll show up somewhere down the line.

I guess it really comes down to how you calculate 'Single Most Important'. Stryfe was a pretty heavy-hitter in the 90's. And he was involved in Messiah Complex as well. I don't know how they'd go getting that spiky costume of his into Minimate form, but i'd love to see them try. I dare say i'd want him more than Toad.... But i think Toad's more important over-all.

Edited by Nessex

Breaking it down by heroes:

Captain America Enemies- Baron Strucker

Fantastic Four Enemies- Wizard

Hulk Enemies- Madman?

Iron Man- Ghost

Spider-Man Enemies- Jackal

Thor Enemies- Enchantress

X-Men Enemies- Toad

That's seven of the highest profile heroes/hero groups and the most important villain missing from their rogues galleries that I can think of. For the biggest villains missing from MY ideal collection, I'd most want to see Fixer, Atlas, or Abe Jenkins, but I think Abe is probably the highest profile of the three.

Honorable Mention- Blackheart

Edited by Colonel America

No Super - Adaptoid sad.png

Shuma-Gorath.

While not in the choices and not really a major MU villain, I feel it important that minimates be the first figure representation of this tentacled, one-eyed, green monster.

Both have been added to the poll, they are at the bottom, it's too much work to re-alphabetize the whole list.

Frankly, I don't think any critically important villains are missing. Sorry. Would love to have many of these, but. . .if I had to pick I guess I would go with Enchantress, too, as she was key to the development of Thor and the Avengers, and has been a consistent antagonist over the years whereas Strucker was gone for a long period of time.*

*as always, this is based on my knowledge of comics that ends somewhere around the year 2000.

Added the following characters, feel free to change your votes if desired.

Batroc
Baron Mordo
Boomerang
Callisto
Cyber
Deathbird
Demogoblin
Diablo
Dragon Man
Gargoyle
Gideon (You're welcome, Nessex)
Gladiator (Daredevil villain)
Graviton
Hammerhead
Hate-Monger
Jack O'Lantern/Mad Jack
Lilith
Living Monolith
Mad Thinker
Magus
Mesmero
Mimic
Mister Fear
Mister Hyde
Mojo
Molten Man
Owl
Psycho-Man
Puma
Ronan
Silver Samurai
Spiral
Titania
Tombstone
Typhoid Mary
Zodiac

I've already voted anyway, but if we are counting villains who have appeared in the movie waves but not comic I would suggest destroyer could be added. Although the movie one passes well enough for a comic version as it happens, I would say as thor villains go he's right up there in importance.

Looking at that list, I'd have to say we've gotten all of the major villains. There's a bunch I'd love to see and a bunch I've never heard of, but overall none that stand out as that one glaring omission. I'd rather see an updated Abomination before any of these guys.

I went with Blob, Winter Soldier, and Wrecker. Enchantress and Wendigo came very close for me as well.

I'll leave the poll up for a week, then weed out the characters that didn't get any votes, then we will start round 2.

Does the winner become the next Kang, where we throw our collective pestering behind that candidate and go full Lee Burns on DST? Because if so, then sign me up!

Edited by monkeycrumb

Mesmero, you say?

Damn - i had not even given him a thought.... but i think he's one of those campy classic villains that could look surprisingly great as a Minimate (like FA Mandarin). Put him in a 2-Pack with FA Vanisher and lovers of often embarrassing, classic x-men villians would swoon. (Both of us!).

mesmero.gif

I take important to mean fan appeal/importance to storylines/frequency of storyline appearances. That to me points to Toad, Pyro, and maybe Iron Monger. If I could choose simply by who I want I'd go with Wendigo, Bi-Beast & Super Adaptoid.

mesmero.gif

There you have him ladies and gents, the Marvel equivelant to DC's Killer Moth when it comes to ugly costumes!!

Shane aimed......whilst you'd be appalled to be categorised in my 'group' it's great to see aman of your tender years saying Yay to Super-Adaptoid yes.gif

Go back all those years & that bugger was innovative,special,bigass different & especially bloody scary. In a world 40+ years later a character that morphs (yawn) into something else is pretty much mundane & run o' the mill. Not then no.gif