UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A Nervous WIP

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, man...what torso/arms/hands/legs/feet did you use for Skeltor? They look factory-molded blue.

I'm guessing it's probably from this:

post-560-1189916354_thumb.jpg

BS

Bingo! :biggrin: that's the one. the only one I had, but have been holding on to it specifically for skeletor, and was so glad when that hood finally came out

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, Haven't been around too much, and may not be contributing too much for some time (unless some contests show up ;) ) I have started school ...finally...graduated high school in 1991 :P . The VA (Veterans Affairs)is paying for me to go to school for graphic design and animation. So, if anything, maybe some school projects will allow me to do some cool stuff animating minimates (long way away) Hopefully I will be able to hang up my work boots, and trade them in for a nice comfy chair.

well, anyway, back to the reason for this post...my latest custom. This one has been in the works for me for some time now, and have been done it for a little bit now, but wanted to wait until the new owner(who didn't know I was making it) could open up his new package...I think he was a little surprised(at least I hope so)...

can you guess who it was for?

post-21-1191028643_thumb.jpgpost-21-1191028653_thumb.jpg

Quick Question: The modified arms on the Optimus Prime custom pictured earlier in this thread...is the hinge held together by a metal pin (needle) ?

Ive seen this method used on several figures and ive used it myself on non mate customs. if they arent held together by metal pins what are they held together by? Did you use foreign (i.e. not minimate) plastic to make the hinge?

Wow, love the custom Nervous. As a fellow recipient of a Nervous custom, I say congratulations and welcome to the club Nestle' :thumbsup: Good luck on school Nervous too :)

Hey, thanks guys , glad you dig it. and no problem Nes, just glad it got there safe :D Thanks for the well wishes about school too, it is such a relief to go back, and so far I am loving every bit of it.

customizer, the optimus prime is just a repainted 3 inch minimate, just the regular arms for those ones

• 2 months later...

Alright Nervous, you have held out on us long enough. Lets see some new customs. I know ya got some. You mention Panthro almost a year ago (Feb. I believe), plus new GI Joe minis. I think you have the best customs out of everyone on here and that is saying alot cuz there are some kick ass customizers on here.

• 2 weeks later...
Alright Nervous, you have held out on us long enough. Lets see some new customs. I know ya got some. You mention Panthro almost a year ago (Feb. I believe), plus new GI Joe minis. I think you have the best customs out of everyone on here and that is saying alot cuz there are some kick ass customizers on here.

Hey Crippler, you are right, I do got some, well, have had some done for awhile now, just really haven't had the motivation to do a lot of posting lately. School and work are taking a lot out of me, so I am pretty much in lurking mode. I was just about done the Panthro and decided to scrap him, just wasn't too happy how he was looking, and want to start a fresh one. I may have a pic somewhere of the wip if you'd be interested in seeing it, I think a few of the gang have seen it some time ago.

I have a feeling there will be one unveiled soon, but not by me ;)

The one major project I have put a lot of time into is my lego Christmas street, which I will hopefully post some pictures before the 25th :unsure:

Thanks for the praise man, I never know how the reception will be when I post a new custom......my name is nervous for a reason, lol

Hey Gang, Merry Christmas to everyone, I finally have some time to do some posting. thanks for looking at my little stocking stuffers.

first up is the now long abandoned Panthro project. I just flat out hated how this was starting to look, so I decided to scrap it, and plan on sometime re-doing with a larger mate. I really want to have real spikes, and not just painted/decaled ones. well here ya go,please be gentle

post-21-1198543333_thumb.jpg

Next up is one for you GI Joe fans. one of my favorites to play with when i was growing up was Grand Slam, and his J.U.M.P. Jet pack(probably because he looked so much like Flash, another favorite) I sto...borrowed this idea from my buddies over at B.I. Joe (lego joe custom site) works so well with minimates I think.

post-21-1198543638_thumb.jpg

post-21-1198543651_thumb.jpg

an updated chrome faced Cobra Commander

post-21-1198544060_thumb.jpg

a little wip that has been sitting

post-21-1198544210_thumb.jpg

and a little fun with photoshop

post-21-1198544300_thumb.jpg

post-21-1198544497_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Must be nice to have a C3 Flash... :rolleyes:

;)

Great stuff as always, Nervous!!

Hey Tenime, good thing I didn't use my gold sp.....I mean wolverine for that photoshop pic ;)

having a little more fun with chrome guys with a few things I really hoped would have been chromed, like Thor's helmet, and the classic cylons

post-21-1199751349_thumb.jpgpost-21-1199751326_thumb.jpg

and a comparison shot

post-21-1199751332_thumb.jpg

next up is another Cobra I have been holding onto , and probably my favorite bad guy in G.I.Joe,

Firefly

post-21-1199751475_thumb.jpg

here is a little diorama i have set up on a shelf

post-21-1199751483_thumb.jpg

here is a wip of a new destro, using a 25th anniversary collar, i have a chromed head waiting for him, just have to print out some decals for his face(of other stuff too, soon to come :D )

post-21-1199751712_thumb.jpg

while I am at it, here are a few G.I.Joe 25th anniversary repaints

the collar-less destro(and unmasked), a wip, going to add some red to his upper body

post-21-1199752111_thumb.jpgpost-21-1199752150_thumb.jpg

a crimson guard with a repainted visor

post-21-1199752120_thumb.jpg

a repainted Snake Eyes with a chromed visor

post-21-1199752088_thumb.jpg

and what to do with all the extra Cobra Commanders....a faded statue on a custom cobra base, to inspire my Cobra troops

post-21-1199752078_thumb.jpg

experimenting with coloring the chrome using serpentor

post-21-1199752095_thumb.jpg

thanks for looking, hope this wasn't too many pics at once :unsure:

-NERV