UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A Nervous WIP

:D stop being so shy... those are great Josh!

I love Hal, it's like Hal meets mr Incredible ;)

great stuff and yes we want to see more!

T.

p.s. I found some kubrick ski's and poles yesterday, I'll send em your way for the 'Joe' customs :)

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kick ass on the storm shadow and snake eyes. Those are clearly THE definitive versions. I really dig the used look you are getting from the buff n stuff.

Your Ed McGuinness customs are awesome. The chromed out version is sweet. And yeah I can't wait for the Hawkman...about time they do him right.

:D stop being so shy... those are great Josh!

I love Hal, it's like Hal meets mr Incredible ;)

great stuff and yes we want to see more!

T.

p.s. I found some kubrick ski's and poles yesterday, I'll send em your way for the 'Joe' customs :)

Thanks gang...I guess its why I'm called nervous :unsure: . Hey T, I'd love to check out those ski's and poles.

As far as the Ed Mcg figures, I want to get done a Majestic, Lion-O, Panthro, and a Black Lightning first, then who knows, maybe see how Snake Eyes translates, the new Batman Beyond might be a good base for that.

Looks good Nervous, but I think I prefer the blue one. I never did like this costume in red. The hair looks awesome! What'cha got next?

Hey thanks Antacost, I also prefer the blue version, there was an interest in a red version at one point so I ended up just doing it. This might be my 2nd custom to hit ebay :biggrin: The hair was started a long time ago, and I forgot about it, so i did the final touches on it, and painted it up.

I actually have a lot of stuff almost done, and even more started.

Of course there are some more Joes/Cobras, as I still try to get Cobra Commander right. Either Flash, or Grand Slam is on the way, a Cobra Trooper, Doc, Stalker, and some other classic dudes.

Also a few Thundercats are on the way, as well as some more dudes from the wildstorm universe. I may post some photos of the guys I just made up playing around with parts and left over decals. Any interest in seeing random heroes/villains who don't exist anywhere outside of my workspace?

ps, just noticed I got 5 stars woo-hoo :yes:

Hey gang, thanks for the great feedback!

here are a few of the random mates i have on different shelves, and areas around my workbench. Whenever I run off some decals, I print out extras for when(not if ;) ) I mess one up, so this is when I have some fun, and try to come up with some new looks using those extras. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it don't, but here are a few of the ones I liked enough to keep around. I also like to make little statues and bases out of lego parts to use for mini-vignettes.

This guy I call Hulk Lantern, clever huh :yes:

hulklantern.jpg

This is GreenMajesty, using the same type of leg setup as Hulk Lantern, but different upper half, and a mjestic decal which I couldn't use because I forgot to do the white in it.

greenmajesty.jpg

This guy is Green Ears, well because he has green ears :woot: He is also the Villain of the crew :verymad:

greenears.jpg

This guy I refer to as Rey,he reminds me a little of General Rey from the GI Joe comic, of which I will be doing a custom of soon. He like to rest his feet sometimes too.

reychair.jpg

rey1.jpg

This guy has been around forever, and I nominated him as the nervous mate, he sports a nifty eyepatch, and the Trap-Jaw decal. He is with a few of my little lego creations, a mini armory, and another lego cross.

nervousmate2.jpg

nervx.jpg

I'll post some more down the road if you guys

Nice Stuff Nervous,

I love the QC stuff, I have the same sort of thing here, various parts that are lying around become odd little characters just because they are sitting there.

Where did 'green ears' headpiece come from?

T.

Nice Stuff Nervous,

I love the QC stuff, I have the same sort of thing here, various parts that are lying around become odd little characters just because they are sitting there.

Where did 'green ears' headpiece come from?

T.

It is from a GI Joe Swamp Rat figure, The plastic is very soft, almost rubbery, and easily forms over the mates heads

http://www.yojoe.com/action/05/swamprat3.shtml

Hey thanks everybody, I might just post some random made up customs here and there to break up the real stuff. Here is one, actually two I did for a board member, as a nice Valentine's Day surprise for his wife. Instead of saying who it is, try to take a guess(a few of you guys will nail it right away I bet) I'll let him post some real pics of these if he wants, to see if I came close or not.

So....Who is it?

mrandmrs.jpg

mrs.jpg

mr.jpg