UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A Nervous WIP

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing work on the Spartan, Nervous! Did you sculpt over a Minimate shield to create the Spartan shield? And is the sword built from scratch?

Hey Fujis, thanks! The shield is done over a captain america shield using miliput. It was kind of fun to add all the dings and dents to it :D The sword is from a custom lego set which i bought about a year ago from this online store. I just repainted them.

http://www.brickforge.com/

here is a picture of the weapons unpainted, along with a better shot of the shield, helmet, and cape

spartan4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I just posted this custom in the villain contest thread.

It is Mer-Man from MOTU. I love doing these guys from MOTU, they are so colorful, and I think would translate awesome if they were officially made. I have to start making good guys I guess, before the villains start to wreak havok. I am gonna do a group shot with Him, Beastman, and Trapjaw. Waiting on the Spectre to do my Skeletor, I love the way his hood looks.

merman.jpgmerman2.jpg

merman1.jpg

Do you hear that?.... That's the sound of me applauding. DAMN!! That is by far the best lookin' entry for the Villain mates contest. I salute you sir as you have out done yourself with Mer-Man. Bravo!

Can't wait to see your new MOTUs.

Thanks for all the great comments guys! MOTU has such colorful and wacky characters, I already have a few that have been started, and just waiting on some official parts to come out to put the finishing touches on them. I almost didn't even make Mer-Man because I thought I wouldn't be able to get it right :confused: but a few lego, and G.I. Joe flippers really saved the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody, here is another in my metal statue line for my soon to be created "hero park" playset. It is a wolverine coated in bronze paint, and sprayed with an activator to tarnish the paint like natural bronze, but much faster. All i do is spray it, and have no control as to how the final look comes out. Its a lot of fun to randomly run in and check out the progress. The copper Captain america is still going crazy!

bronzewolvie.jpg

and a little closer look

bronzewolvie1.jpg

thanks for looking :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

Hey gang, back again.....all the way from the last thread on the 2nd page :o

well, I figured I would post my monster mate entries, and a few other evil dudes while I am at it

First my version of a classic vampire. never thought I would reuse Harley Quinns little fluffy cuffs like this.

I am going to have trouble letting go of these two guys, but It'll go to a good cause, so I think I will manage(plus I guess I could make another one, but I like the idea of it being a one of a kind).

dracv1.jpg

and as I said in the other thread, the thing that I find super cool about vampires is their shapeshifting abilities, so here is one of the many possibilities...

dracv2.jpg

and here is a little something I came up with while messing around with photoshop

open.jpg

and here are a few of my favorite baddies around

my umpteenth attempt at Cobra Commander, with a little help from our pal Fujis, who did made the mask for me.

I think I am satisfied...finally

cchood1.jpgcchood.jpg

Here is Skeletor, who I have been waiting forever to do, just had to wait for a proper hood, thanks Spectre!

skeletor.jpgskeletorb.jpg

there is more, but this post is long enough me thinks :P

Cobra Commander looks great, Nervous! And just to clarify, I only sculpted the mask, Nervous painted and applied the decal.

I was just thinking of making a Skeletor with Spectre's hood but I guess I don't have to now! Good reuse of the Target GR's head. I don't like it on GR but it works great for Skeletor.

Awesome work man! I love the monsters.

Folks, I got to see the metal minis in person and they are awesome. The really look like aged metal. The Spartan and Skeletor were also on hand in SD. Josh is an awesome customizer.

Hey guys, thanks for the very kind remarks about my customs :D

they are indeed from my lego Batmobile. I did not plan on using them at first, but the other demon wings they make. They seemed a bit too small for this dude, so I went with these bigger ones, hit them with some flat black, and my favorite thing ever -Rub'N Buff.

hey Shane, the Spartan liked San Diego so much, he decided to stay, and hang out there.

hey Shane, the Spartan liked San Diego so much, he decided to stay, and hang out there.

:D he's awesome but I am getting tired of the daily..

"This is Sparta... "

Actually it's San Diego...

Sparta...

San Diego..

Who'd have thought he'd have been so argumentative!

T.

p.s. I didn't realise Nervous left it as leaving present for several days.... Gotta say it's possibly my fave custom right now.

i love your vamp custom

i would love to buy a set of the two

but alas they are a one of a kind and as i dont have an ebay account i cannot get them,would you make a nother set within reason id be willing to shell out a prety penny for them

Edited by Dante_X

:D he's awesome but I am getting tired of the daily..

"This is Sparta... "

Actually it's San Diego...

Sparta...

San Diego..

Who'd have thought he'd have been so argumentative!

T.

p.s. I didn't realise Nervous left it as leaving present for several days.... Gotta say it's possibly my fave custom right now.

Hey T, who said I left him.....he escaped! and must have been hiding out with all your other mates until I left

i love your vamp custom

i would love to buy a set of the two

but alas they are a one of a kind and as i dont have an ebay account i cannot get them,would you make a nother set within reason id be willing to shell out a prety penny for them

Not sure if I want to make another set, since they are for charity. If I did, it wouldn't be for awhile after the charity auction, and probably would be a little different than these ones.

Ona a side not here are a few new customs. I wouldn't feel right not showing them at the same time. I plan on hooking them up with some swords, but have to find some first :P

Snake Eyes-

snakeeyes.jpg

Storm Shadow-

stormshadow.jpg