UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 49 thread

blizzerd

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mutant Massacre with Artie, Leach, Caliban (skinny), Callisto, Arclight, Harpoon, Scalphunter, battle damaged Nightcrawler, battle damaged Angel, battle damaged Collosus. [/wishful thinking]

Wishful thinking or no...

If we get a wave with 4 Morlocks and no Marrow, I'm going to rip somebody's face off with my bare hands. Just sayin. :P

(lol)

No, but I kid... in an entirely serious, but slightly less murderous way.

I've mentioned it in past threads... but I once had a conversation with Matt at a con about making Marrow, and that somehow lead to the idea of her best shot being a Morlock 4-Pack. Caliban, Callisto, Masque, and Mohawk Storm's names were all tossed out (She hadn't been made yet). Storm being the Heavy Hitter, Callisto being the necessary and iconic Morlock... but that put us at 3 girls with Marrow, which seemed highly unlikely. But, one thing Matt did also say was he adamantly refused to ever make Minimates of Artie and Leech. lol...

Now granted, this was just humorous conversation, and Matt is no longer with the company anyhow, so it should by no means be taken as Gospel... but still... it's at least a slight indicator of where they fall on the minimate priority list, if nothing else... lol.

Personally if I had to pick a lineup for such a set, it would be Callisto, Marrow, Caliban & Leech, but with no heavy hitter, and still 2 girls (None of which are particularly top tier characters) that still seems highly unlikely.

I would like a Marrow 'mate, but not sure she fits with the others as she was a baby in the Mutant Massacre and then there was that stupid time-slip storyline where she came back as a teenager with that mutant terrorist group. I think she fits more with the X-men than the morlocks.

I love Leech. I think he's really underused. Kind of can't stand Artie. Also love Skids (despite the awful name).

I think it would be cool to have artist-inspired Minimates sets, where they showcase four characters with whom the artist is most associated, with design styles based on the artist's drawings.

For example, I would love an Art Adams four pack but it could be older, silver age artists as well.

I was over looking at mmdb and noticed they have not done a wolvie wave in a while. I could see an upcoming LCS wave being wolvie related. So, I was thinking of a wave that could be Wolvie related and came up with this:

Blue costume Patch & Tiger Shark

Team x Wolvie & Maverick

Albert & Shiva Robot

Team X Sabretooth & Shiva robot

TRU exclusives

Daken & Madame Hydra

Dog Face Wolverine & Cyber

Just some wishful thinking. It may have too many villains.

Those all sound good to me, especially Tiger Shark and Maverick.

Whether wave 49 or not, I am hoping for a Bruce Banner/Movie Hulk Buster 2-pack from IM3. Tony did leave with Banner at the end of Avwngers and Ruffalo is supposed to be in 6 films (My guesses: IM3, Cap 2, Ant Man, Avengers 2 and a Hulk stand-alone).

For 49, I am hoping to see an alternate Avengers themed wave:

Hank's Mighty Avengers

Young Avengers

Resistance Abengers

Avengers: Initiative

New New Avengers

Pick one and complete it, please :)

I think it would be cool to have artist-inspired Minimates sets, where they showcase four characters with whom the artist is most associated, with design styles based on the artist's drawings.

For example, I would love an Art Adams four pack but it could be older, silver age artists as well.

I think this would be pretty cool too, but I wonder if it's just not feasible, since I'd think you'd have to arrange for a licensing deal with the artist in question. I mean, the Thor Stormbreaker box set is pretty darn close to a Walt Simonson set without officially being one, so maybe that's as close as we'll get. And I also wonder if the stock Minimate body allows for an artist's style to really shine through; Torment Spidey doesn't look like he stepped off a Todd McFarlane page, for example.

oh riiiiiiight!

i think i'm remembering back to the guessing game / puzzles we were given when this wave was being announced. I'm sure the figure was listed as Jim Lee Storm then.

Whether wave 49 or not, I am hoping for a Bruce Banner/Movie Hulk Buster 2-pack from IM3. Tony did leave with Banner at the end of Avwngers and Ruffalo is supposed to be in 6 films (My guesses: IM3, Cap 2, Ant Man, Avengers 2 and a Hulk stand-alone).

For 49, I am hoping to see an alternate Avengers themed wave:

Hank's Mighty Avengers

Young Avengers

Resistance Abengers

Avengers: Initiative

New New Avengers

Pick one and complete it, please :)

I personally laid off of Avengers thinking that we wouldn't see an Avengers line in a while. However, you listed some interesting choices. Here is my attempt at Young Avengers.

Hulkling & Wiccan

Kate Bishop & Iron Lad

Patriot & Growing Man

1st app Patriot & Growing Man -variant

TRU

Jessica Jones & Hyde

Stature & Isaiah Bradley Cap

I used the Daredevil trend lately of sprinkling in a DD character in a wave. It works cause Hyde was in the first run of YA

I think this would be pretty cool too, but I wonder if it's just not feasible, since I'd think you'd have to arrange for a licensing deal with the artist in question. I mean, the Thor Stormbreaker box set is pretty darn close to a Walt Simonson set without officially being one, so maybe that's as close as we'll get. And I also wonder if the stock Minimate body allows for an artist's style to really shine through; Torment Spidey doesn't look like he stepped off a Todd McFarlane page, for example.

Agree that it may be hard to pull off due to licensing, where Jim Lee now works at DC and there are a separate line of toys called "Kirbys" etc., but the reason that I like the idea so much is that it could allow four packs of really varied characters. It would also allow for variations of the character designs while still remaining true to the character. For example, you bring up Walt Simonson. He is rightly associated with Thor but he also was a big part of the original X-Factor which introduced Apocolypse and Death/Archangel. I realize that those characters have already been introduced as minimates as well, but the idea of a retrospective of an artist's career that had characters that might not otherwise be associeated with each other is very appealing to me.

Salvador Larocca, for example, worked on Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four, Heroes Reborn, Iron Man, Ultimate Electra, etc.

Plus it would be cool to compare John Byrne Thing versus Salvador Larocca thing or what have you.

NOT gonna happen! Ruffalo won't be in IM3. It would be a waste to have him cameo, since Marvel has not stated he would be part of the main movie.

And by saying it would be a waste, I mean financially on Marvel's part. The ONLY way it could happen is if they negotiate a separate contract for a cameo which does not count towards his 6-movie contract. He's one of the biggest break-out stars from Avengers, and he'll sell tickets. Ruffalo (and his agent ;) ) know this, so a 7th movie appearance will be quite costly for Marvel.

Maybe, if IM3 doesn't do as well in sales, we *might* see IM4 with a Banner/Hulk team-up. But as for your guesses, you have Marvel using up his entire contract before Avengers 3!! There is no need to have him in IM3, Cap 2, OR Ant Man. They could easily use him for both an Avengers trilogy and a Hulk trilogy.

Agree that it may be hard to pull off due to licensing, where Jim Lee now works at DC and there are a separate line of toys called "Kirbys" etc., but the reason that I like the idea so much is that it could allow four packs of really varied characters. It would also allow for variations of the character designs while still remaining true to the character. For example, you bring up Walt Simonson. He is rightly associated with Thor but he also was a big part of the original X-Factor which introduced Apocolypse and Death/Archangel. I realize that those characters have already been introduced as minimates as well, but the idea of a retrospective of an artist's career that had characters that might not otherwise be associeated with each other is very appealing to me.

Salvador Larocca, for example, worked on Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four, Heroes Reborn, Iron Man, Ultimate Electra, etc.

Plus it would be cool to compare John Byrne Thing versus Salvador Larocca thing or what have you.

They could easily get around that by doing story-specific waves that a particular artist did. For example a "New Fantastic Four" wave (FF# 347-349) would give us an Art Adams Hulk, Spidey, Wolvie & Ghost Rider. A Fantastic 4 #51-54 story arc wave would give us the FF as either Mike Wieringo or Carlos Pacheco designs. The waves wouldn't necessarily have to name the artist, but the style of minimate could resemble the art from the books.

NOT gonna happen! Ruffalo won't be in IM3. It would be a waste to have him cameo, since Marvel has not stated he would be part of the main movie.

And by saying it would be a waste, I mean financially on Marvel's part. The ONLY way it could happen is if they negotiate a separate contract for a cameo which does not count towards his 6-movie contract. He's one of the biggest break-out stars from Avengers, and he'll sell tickets. Ruffalo (and his agent ;) ) know this, so a 7th movie appearance will be quite costly for Marvel.

Maybe, if IM3 doesn't do as well in sales, we *might* see IM4 with a Banner/Hulk team-up. But as for your guesses, you have Marvel using up his entire contract before Avengers 3!! There is no need to have him in IM3, Cap 2, OR Ant Man. They could easily use him for both an Avengers trilogy and a Hulk trilogy.

For IM3, I was thinking a sparing partners scene, where Banner is helping Stark test out a new Heavy-Hitter Armor. You know, in case Hulk goes crazy or if Blonsky returns. It could be an opening scene, a la X-men 3, or an after credits cameo.

Cap 2 (or 3) seems almost obvious. Cap is the original Super Soldier and Banner is cursed from trying to replicate the results. Cap may hold a key for curing Banner and possibly subduing Blonsky.

Ant Man, for me, made sense from a scientific stand point. Pym was not big enough to even get a cameo in Avengers, he needs one of the mains to sell his movie into the Marvel Universe. Stark may appear as the owner of Pym's lab, but Banner could be a lab partner.

While I see your point about not wanting to waste the 6 spots as I laid out, maybe the cameos are not included in the 6 and don't demand the same multi-digit figure. Jackson was signed for 9 films, right? If you count cameos, he is already to 5. Hopefully the cameos are fan extras and don't count against the contracts.

And I find it hard to believe he could pull out an individual trilogy, making Hulk movies count 4 with all others as 3.

Just MHO

Bruce did not go back with Tony, in the Q and A at the Ironman 3 panel, they confirmed he would not be in the film, for Tony took him to the state patrol, not his lab.

Bruce's films will probably be a hulk movie (maybe called: Strongest there is?) Avengers 2, a sequel to said Hulk Movie, a Defenders movie (if it ever happens) and more Avengers films

All this Morlocks talk makes me hope we are getting a wolverine wave and hoping will get a Tommy minimate. She wasn't in that many comics but she was the first Morlock killed in the mutant massacre so that got to count for something. We should at least get a cut out of her in minimate form like a control art thing heck I’m sure someone on the multiverse could pull that off.

90141-177292-tommy_large.jpg

I'd assume it's because to the best of my knowledge all the good morlocks are still alive?

Didn't the mutant massacre basically just kill off inconsequential ones?

I mean like... most or all the ones mentioned for a potential boxed set thus far in this thread are still alive, except Caliban, and he died years (decades?) later, in events entirely unrelated to the mutant massacre.

And Selene DID resurrect Caliban! (lol)

• 2 months later...