UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Zach: Yeah, that's what I meant.

So I was at a comics store that has a lot of paint and gaming supplies last night, so I decided to pick up some clear coat. Glad I did, because my package from Luke came today! I really wasn't expecting these so soon. Anyway, they are just tremendous, even exceeding my expectations. I love that the Snarf pvc has Minimate legs and arms sculpted. I love that Lion-O has two Sword of Omens, and that his glove/shield attaches to his belt. I just love Love LOVE this set. I thought the two Disney Avengers exclusives would be the runaway best sets of the year, but these are A+++. Now I can't wait for New York, since Tygra was always my favorite Thundercat.

Got these from Luke's along with the Alpha Flight set. This...this is how come minimates continue to kick butt. So much stuff included, so many details... Snarf is amazingly cool too with his sculpted details to suggest he still belongs in the minimates line. My Mumm-Ra has a bit of paint run off on the back of his cape and a bit on his face, but nothing major.

Of course, after reading about Lion-O's belt symbol, I'm definitely using kiddie gloves on him until I get some of the stuff I'm reading others are putting on it.

Anyone else's Snarf unable to stand?

post-3040-0-98955800-1343589761_thumb.jp

I contacted Icon Heroes and they got back to me (On Sunday!), suggesting I contact my retailer. Does that seem strange? I bought them from Luke.

Maybe you can heat it up with a hair dryer and bend the foot back into place?

Anyone else's Snarf unable to stand?

post-3040-0-98955800-1343589761_thumb.jp

I contacted Icon Heroes and they got back to me (On Sunday!), suggesting I contact my retailer. Does that seem strange? I bought them from Luke.

I still think its a mistake to contact them about all these problems (not everything is perfect) some people seem to be having. I just hope it doesn't affect the other releases.

On a side note, my snarf and emblem seem fine. I've rubbed it a few times and nothing comes off, and snarf stands fine. :thumbsup: ----at least wait till the other sets are released, then complain if theres problems!

Edited by mav-man

I still think its a mistake to contact them about all these problems (not everything is perfect) some people seem to be having. I just hope it doesn't affect the other releases.

On a side note, my snarf and emblem seem fine. I've rubbed it a few times and nothing comes off, and snarf stands fine. :thumbsup: ----at least wait till the other sets are released, then complain if theres problems!

Why do you think it's a mistake to contact them about the problem?

Why do you think it's a mistake to contact them about the problem?

cuz I think if everyone has problems it might delay the other sets. I think thats what happened with alot of the c3 sets when they were out, and why they were canceled. then again, it could be me just being paranoid, but i guess we'll see eventually! :)

I saw these in the flesh for the first time today & overall they are superb Minimates. I have no idea about the Thundercats

show so I just have no idea on anything else regarding character likenesses etc. They seem to tick all the boxes with accessories & the extra head but why was I thinking that they'd all have tails ? Silly ol'bhm !

Ignore the following unless you work in the Minimate packaging factory ....

Couple of gripes about the actual packaging & I guess I'm the only one who cares .....the printing & production of this packaged item is balanced very carefully on the edge of over-design & impracticality. It is just hanging by a thread & some body in the packaging -production department at the factory needs to stand up & say something to the designers . Blister-packaging is fairly straightforward but the tolerances involved in the process leave little margin for error & errors are showing in these packs ,any further deviation & there's a disaster just waiting to happen in the future . There is a production/serial # blindly-embossed on the rear of the package (bottom right) ,I'd suggest moving it away from the edge of the card because it is currently affecting the application of the blister (front of card bottom left,blister lifting from card)....& I know this isn't an isolated case :no: The blister itself is also being applied too closely to the edge of the card ,easily remedied making the whole structure of the finished package far more secure.

Only trying to help :thumbsup:

Got my set from Luke's in today! I got bold and instead of just putting clear coat on Lion-O's symbol I checked to see if it would rub away.......I've lightly run my thumb over it a few times and have not noticed anything smearing or coming off, Huray!

I did notice that Snarf's right foot seems slightly skewed as ufemizm posted about previously. Snarf can stand, but he'll fall over with a slight breeze

SnarfFoot.jpg

I heated up the leg with a hair dryer and then tried to reposition it and let it cool down, it kinda worked, the foot is more on the ground but I think the foot was made to be slighty lifted up

SnarfFoot02.jpg

Well looks like I did suffer from some symbol rubbing. While rubbing off the tape residue from my Sword of Omens, the Thundercats symbol faded out. The other side (which was printed a little high already) is also smearing a little.

Sorry for the bad cell phone pics, I'll take better pics once I get home tonight

SwordOmens01.jpg

SwordOmens02.jpg

I know how bloody irritating I may sound but sorting out print problems was my job for years & I really want to get to the bottom of this. Mine are still in their packaging but I can see that the black TC logo is overprinted directly onto the red which is pretty straightforward but it begs the question 'was the red dry before the black was applied?' . Having studied the 'Jaga' figures TC emblem, it looks to me that the red is already faded & maybe had done so before the black was applied.

This is such a shame because the printing (tampo-ing) on these Minimates is otherwise little short of fantastic.

Snarf however is something that ought be shoved on the end of a pencil. :yucky:

I didnt want to post untill i had given it a chance but this stuff worked perfect and it also comes in a flat or matt finnish and it is also a quick dry :) .You dont have to apply alot either.I pushed and rubbed on the logo after it healed on the plastic and nothing happend :biggrin: .I sealed Lion-O's belt and swords the chest piece on Panthro and Jagas cape and helmet everything turned out great.here is a pic of the stuff

Krylon Acrylic clear gloss finnish

I hope this helps some of us out :)

I wanted to ask how you applied the Krylon Acrylic, with a paint brush ever so lightly I presume?

Edited by mtd20_2000

I just sprayed it on.Just one light coat is all it it took, its a Aerosol can.I did keep a little distance between the parts and the spray so i didn't over do it. 8 to 10 inches worked for me.

I didnt want to post untill i had given it a chance but this stuff worked perfect and it also comes in a flat or matt finnish and it is also a quick dry :) .You dont have to apply alot either.I pushed and rubbed on the logo after it healed on the plastic and nothing happend :biggrin: .I sealed Lion-O's belt and swords the chest piece on Panthro and Jagas cape and helmet everything turned out great.here is a pic of the stuff

Krylon Acrylic clear gloss finnish

I hope this helps some of us out :)

I wanted to ask how you applied the Krylon Acrylic, with a paint brush ever so lightly I presume?

Anyone with in hand pics of the Thunder Tank? I've got this set and the Tank sitting in my PoL at BBTS and I am just jonesing for more pics of these!

Picked up a sharpie and went to fix the Sword of Omens today....that's when I noticed Lion O's symbol was fading out too (all of the figures have been in a ziplock bag and probably rubbing against each other) Here's some before and after pics using Testors Model Masters Semi-Gloss Clear paint

SwordLogo.jpg

LionOLogo.jpg

PanthroLogo.jpg

Did you Sharpiw all three pieces? Or just coat the character pieces?

I am hesitant to open mine until I know I can devote some time to coating them.

yeah, I touched up all three with a sharpie then covered them in clear coat. It only takes a few seconds to brush some clear coat on each symbol and then let them sit for a while (at least 30 minutes, I let mine sit for the rest of the day though)

Edited by Shogi

Is that paint stuff pretty common to find and not too spendy?

Most hobby stores should have it. Hobbytown USA, Hobby Lobby, etc... I think I paid $2-$3 for the bottle I have. I only used a fraction of the clear coat for the T-Cats.

I have a spray clear coat I intend to use. I got it back when Luke first released his zombie kit to secure those guys and it still seems to work.

Thanks for the info Shogi!