UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please forgive the following on-topic post:

I love the 'cats. Great accessories and detail. Looks like we're hopefully hitting at least three box sets... is a fourth locked-in? That would include a proper Mumm-Ra as depicted in the control art? Or is this dependent on sales?

That control art was for a different planned Mumm-Ra figure, yes.

Icon Heroes would be the one to ask about whether it's dependent on sales. I don't think they have a rep on here.

I'm hoping that Thundercats doesn't go much beyond 3 or 4 boxsets, specifically so Icon Heroes can move to Masters of the Universe Minimates. I just saw this Castle Greyskull statue for the first time (I had seen the business card holder, but not the full statue) and this will be in my collection, and I hope there will be Minimates to accompany it... :woot:

The Castle Grayskull statues measures approximately 9.75" H x 9" W x 11" D

2807985_orig.jpg

Took the MiniMates ThunderCats outdoors for another shoot. Hope ya like 'em!

Yep, you're right Snowman of Hook Mountain and Snowmeow really need to be made. Just looking at these made me realize just what you could do with those two down in the canyon once the streams start to freeze up and there's snow on the ground.

I'm thinking I may have to give you a list of the mates that I have just so you can take more "Epic Shots". If nothing else, considering you're a DC geek, I may have to bring some of them along the next time we get together for a shoot. If nothing else it'll prove how much we need the DC line to return.

^ your post

PeterBallpit.gif

:(

I love doing that to ball pits! :teehee:

Yeah, that was the first question I asked when I saw that Grayskull maquette at the AFX booth in San Diego. And the second question. Maybe in a year or two when the MOTU Classics line wraps up and Mattel's got nothing else to do with the license? I just don't get how Funko can get the license to do MOTU wobblers, but they won't give it to Icon Heroes to do mates.

Actually, I kind of wonder how Funko can get the license to every property ever lately...

Edited by Lobsterman

Minimates always look better when shot outside. I need to that with my customs. Great photos!

Thank you! I favor natural light because it's largely idiot-proof. :)

AWESOME shots, Monte! Tough call, but my favourite is the shot of Jaga. Epic...

Thanks! Jaga proved more challenging than I'd expected, for some reason. My favorite is probably Mumm-Ra coming out of the earth.

Monte, that Jaga shot is epic. All of them are epic. I was pretty proud of the shots I took on my front steps until I saw these!

Thank you very much! This was only my second time shooting MiniMates; they are very photogenic!

@Monte: Love that shot of Mum-Ra clawing his way out of the earth. EPIC!

Thanks, man! That one came together very easily, and yet I think it's probably the most satisfying.

Yep, you're right Snowman of Hook Mountain and Snowmeow really need to be made. Just looking at these made me realize just what you could do with those two down in the canyon once the streams start to freeze up and there's snow on the ground.

Aw man, I just wanted the Snowman to have 'im; actually getting to photograph him in the snow and ice hadn't even occurred to me. Now I need him!

I'm thinking I may have to give you a list of the mates that I have just so you can take more "Epic Shots". If nothing else, considering you're a DC geek, I may have to bring some of them along the next time we get together for a shoot. If nothing else it'll prove how much we need the DC line to return.

My friend, I am always ready and willing to photograph anything from your collection! Indeed, since I mostly want a given toy just to photograph it once or twice, it recently occurred to me that what I really want is a toy rental service. If I could pay a buck or two to have a given toy for a few hours and then surrender it, I would be utterly content.

Back to your offer: if nothing else, I would love to photograph my 'Cats with your customized ThunderTank. Ooh, and I gotta photograph MiniMates Badlands!

Thanks again for the kind words, everyone!

AFX have them up for order! Got an email from them this morning! Thanks, AFX! Done and done, ordered!

Soon, soon I shall make a lego Nose Diver and two Sky Cutters for my Plundarr minimates!

I didn't see this anywhere so I apologize if I'm duplicating anyone's efforts. Actionfigurexpress had cards with images of upcoming products. The reps I spoke to mentioned there would be a fifth set with Pumyra next year as well. I was a bit overwhelmed so I don't remember who else is in the 5th set.

post-3417-0-63264800-1350651295_thumb.jp

Yeah, Pat said the fifth set would have the late edition Thundercats. I think the fourth figure is a villain, but I can't remember whom. Is there another major bad guy missing? Anyway, I should point out that he also said that the fifth set is NOT DEFINITE, but contingent on how well the other four do.

ASTRAL MOAT MONSTER FOR THE WIN!

I'd love Hachiman... Or Mongor! MONGOR! M0-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-ONGO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-R!

Honestly, these 'Mates bring me so much pure joy, I love them all! Any that are made, I will buy!