UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-Man Costumes

Jatta Pake

I haven't gotten up to Spider-Island yet in my reading (these days, I'm basically waiting for the trade at remaindered price, so I'm usually 1-2 years behind in my reading... which doesn't seem to matter in the least), but post-BND Spidey has been very good, by and large. I agree with you about Slott killing off the original Hobgoblin and replacing him with Phil Ulrich (messes up Spider-Girl continuity at the same time :verymad:), but I think he'd definitely the guy to write Spidey.

The Spidey wedding topper Minimate set might actually be a popular item....

That's the way to do it; you can get most of the BND era Hardcovers for $5 at a lot of conventions, something I've been thinking about doing for a while now. I'm hoping Slott has plans for Roderick somehow as it seemed so weird to bring him back out of nowhere and ice 4 pages later (other than possible shock value I guess). Maybe it'll turn out that the new Crime Master is Kingsley and not Ned Leeds like I suspect?

http://fearlessreadersonline.com/

My favorite place for cheap comics and trades. Right now, they've got about 1,600 tpbs and hcs in stock.

I've never heard of this store and I'm intrigued... very, very intrigued...

Earlier Sarcasm aside, I'm hoping now that Quesada has moved on Slott can move on with the most problematic aspect of Peter and MJ's deal with Mephisto- Deals with a devil never end with any positive results. They just don't. It's a literary rule literally going back centuries. And it may not be Slott, it may not be for another 5 years, but someday this has to come back and bite them.

I'm hoping Slott has plans for Roderick somehow as it seemed so weird to bring him back out of nowhere and ice 4 pages later (other than possible shock value I guess). Maybe it'll turn out that the new Crime Master is Kingsley and not Ned Leeds like I suspect?

As a recipient of the same Goblin formula that prevented Norman or Harry from actually dying, I can only assume Roderick is over in Europe recovering. That's what dead Goblin's do afterall. And Phil as the anti-Spidey is actually an interesting story so far.

It is interesting how Slott's set him up that way though it was bizarre to bring back Roderick literally just to bump him off. I figured he was being brought back in for much the same reason that Stern created him: the Green Goblin is off the table. Previously it was because he was dead, now it's because every writer at Marvel seems to want to borrow Norman to be a major villain in their book. So funny sometimes. When Phil chopped his head off it was more than a little surprising, mostly because I'm surprised that level of violence showed up in ASM which is still sort of a book read by kids.

But that's neither here nor there; even if I don't agree with everything he's done, I'm happy for Dan's success and I hope it leads to many more opportunities for him. Slott and Christos N. Gage are Marvel's secret weapons as far as being able to write almost any character and even taking lame/poorly conceived ones and making them great. Bendis wishes he could have pulled the Sentry off in 5 years what does with characters like like Devil-Slayer in 2 issues. :lol:

We're approaching the poll quick now, but it'll be hilarious if no Spidey is an option for it now. Honestly, I wonder if Iron Man or Thor will be in there because of recent "different look" saturation. I think Cap's likely to show up though I'm not sure if The Captain or Nomad would technically be considered for this...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually... it's just Bendis borrowing Norman over and over. He's got a strange obsession with Norman Osborn and Parker Robbins as Avengers' foes. I dunno. That and women being attacked in the shower, but that's another issue all together.

I am a big fan of the original Hobgoblin, and will be the first to admit killing him off right after bringing back out of limbo caught me completely by surprise. But really, at Marvel is being dead any different from "self-imposed exile out of the country"? Either way, you know they'll be back eventually. It was very apparent Slott wanted to tell this anti-Spidey story with Phil, and "killing" Kingsly means that not only does the shock grab your attention, but also he doesn't get deluged with letters asking for the "Real" Hobgoblin to show up and kick Phil's Golden Goblin Goodies up into his abdomen.

Hell, at first we thought Ned was the Hobgoblin, and they killed him, then we were told Kingsly was the Hobgoblin, and now he's dead too. For all I know the Crimemaster will be revealed to be some other guy who actually was the real, real, real original Hobgoblin the whole time. Or Richard Fisk again. Sure he's dead, but he's been dead before and gotten over it.

Heh, that reminds me of a great PAD scene from his Hulk run, where Marlo was dead and Rick goes to Dr. Strange for help. After Doc says there's nothing he can do, Rick asks Strange has Stephen ever come back from the dead? Then Rick asks the same question to Wong next, getting "yes" from both men. Saying he too has been dead before, Rick turns back o Strange and says "Look, three out of three people in this room have come back from the dead. What do you mean there's nothing you can do?"

Here's all my Spider-man customs along with the originals.

spygroup.jpg

Back row: Spider-Hulk, Spider-Thor, Black Costume, Man-Spider, Spider-Boy, Battle Ravaged Spider-man.

Middle row: Iron Spider-Man, Spidey in FF costume, Ben Reily, Richochet, Spider-Lizard, Big Time Spider-Man, Cosmic Spider-Man.

Lower row: Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Armor, Scarlet Spider, Peter Parker, Classic Spider-Man, Six armed Spider-Man.

Front row: Amazing Bag-Man, House of M Spider-Man, 2211 Spider-Man, Cyborg Spider-Man.

Platform from Young Justice line Hall of Justice Build a figure/set.

leftspygroup.jpg

rightspygroup.jpg

Good gods, Jess fills out that hoodie nicely... :wub:

She'd better, she paid enough to. (and at least they were pretty honest about it)

Yep.

Jessica went to Hydra to have her powers restored. It was while she was in recovery from this surgery that she was abducted and replaced by the Skrull. But more importantly for our discussion in the panel showing showing Jess on the OR table being given the anesthesia, surrounded by Hydra doctors, you can see an unmistakable pair of breast implants on a surgery tray beside them.

It was a nice acknowledgement of how Jess, who while never flat chested back in the 70's/80's, suddenly returned to costume looking like Dolly Parton in zero gravity.

Here's all my Spider-man customs along with the originals.

spygroup.jpg

Back row: Spider-Hulk, Spider-Thor, Black Costume, Man-Spider, Spider-Boy, Battle Ravaged Spider-man.

Middle row: Iron Spider-Man, Spidey in FF costume, Ben Reily, Richochet, Spider-Lizard, Big Time Spider-Man, Cosmic Spider-Man.

Lower row: Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Armor, Scarlet Spider, Peter Parker, Classic Spider-Man, Six armed Spider-Man.

Front row: Amazing Bag-Man, House of M Spider-Man, 2211 Spider-Man, Cyborg Spider-Man.

Platform from Young Justice line Hall of Justice Build a figure/set.

leftspygroup.jpg

rightspygroup.jpg

Great customs. I can't help but think of the robot guy from LMFAO when I see you Amazing Bag-Man. :lol:

lmfao-halloween-costume.jpg

Jeff, somehow I can see big group picture being pinned to a wall in Chuck's office, to be taken down for line planning meeting, and stared at in between them.

Shouldn't the webs be white and the eyes black? Gotta say, I like it anyway. Might be the one time Chuck says never to a Spidey variant, but I think it would make a striking minimate... even if it were under webbed. See now I gotta go find out what the story is on that one. (Yes, I admit it, my ecyclopidic knowledge of Marvel history does not stretch to include Spidey-Super-Stories. Please try not to think less of me)