UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-Man Costumes

Jatta Pake

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't the webs be white and the eyes black? Gotta say, I like it anyway. Might be the one time Chuck says never to a Spidey variant, but I think it would make a striking minimate... even if it were under webbed. See now I gotta go find out what the story is on that one. (Yes, I admit it, my ecyclopidic knowledge of Marvel history does not stretch to include Spidey-Super-Stories. Please try not to think less of me)

He is called Web-man if you can find much info.

Here's the Fantastic Four costumed Spider-man:

ff.jpg

And here's the back of the Amazing Bag-man:

kick.jpg

Side note- hit up some garage sales this weekend and picked up Spider-Man: Shattered Dimension for only $10. Played it last night- actually pretty fun. Love the alternate realities theme and playing as the different versions. Noir is probably my favorite. Think I'll start on a custom of him now. Any suggestions for parts?

Here's the Fantastic Four costumed Spider-man:

ff.jpg

And here's the back of the Amazing Bag-man:

kick.jpg

Side note- hit up some garage sales this weekend and picked up Spider-Man: Shattered Dimension for only $10. Played it last night- actually pretty fun. Love the alternate realities theme and playing as the different versions. Noir is probably my favorite. Think I'll start on a custom of him now. Any suggestions for parts?

I would wait a little bit more if i was you,noir is pretty much the most wanted spidey costume so he may be in tomorrow's poll.

So... Web-Man, the Spidey Super-Stories spider-clone with the cool costume but painfully bad name. Well as one might expect for a story aimed at kids, he's got a pretty simple origin- he's Spider-Man's evil mirror twin. Literally. Dr. Doom used a magic mirror to create an opposite Spider-Man. Break the mirror, Web-Man goes poof. Dr. Doom yells curses and blames Richards. Okay maybe not the last part.

I have to say, as origins for Spider-Clones go, this one's not bad. The idea has certain Silver Age ketch that appeals to me somehow. In fact, if it were thought up in 1965 instead of 1979, it'd have been in a regular title.

Actually somebody needs to bring this guy to Dan Slott's attention, cause Web-Man seems to be the kind of idea he could run with for an amusing one-off issues with.

See I spelled it that way and the spell checker changed it to Ketch. And knowing I can't spell my way out of a paper bag, I let it go. Weird.

Edited by Mirymate

Cripes... where did I put that facepalm emoticon... know I left it around here somewhere...

• 2 months later...