• Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, getting here late. Voted last weekend. Probably the hardest choice of any of them. In the end, my villain love took over and I went with Mindless Ones and Warwolves. Just as easily could have gone with any of these.

(No I haven't had time to completely catch up on all that's been said the last two weeks, so if there were any "who the heck are these guys?" posts I missed while I was away please let me know.)

This thread kinda died off once the last poll hit and everyone voted... which I thought sucked, because for a while there it was the liveliest thread here...

I'm sure it goes without saying that we'd all love an update... I'm also fairly positive Zach can't tell us who won, even if votes have been tallied. (And I don't even know that they have...)

Can we at least know a few of the figures that don't have a friggin' prayer? lol... some preliminary estimates?

Yeah, it was fun while it lasted, but we moved on to other things I guess...

I would bet that we'll get an announcement on Marvel.com; it would seem weird if they ran a poll without any announcement of the results. Has voting even ended yet? Maybe we can get some kind of time frame.

I would bet that we'll get an announcement on Marvel.com; it would seem weird if they ran a poll without any announcement of the results.

I'd be happy to be wrong, but I'm not expecting anything until they have the prototypes ready to show.

It would be cool if Zach could tell us whether or not Songbird came in dead last in her category though :whistling:

I was at first concerned that the characters I wanted wouldn't get the votes, but then I started thinking of it as free market research for DST. Hopefully whoever got the most votes they got the message that these polls were full of desirable characters and lots of names that weren't on the table before now are. Not to take a shot at DST, but sometimes the responses we get to certain questions make me wonder if they understand all characters equally, so hopefully this poll will open some eyes on their end.

I suspect some market insight is an important side benefit of this poll. I also suspect, though, that there will be some eyes opened on this end with respect to just how popular certain characters are once we see the final poll results... <_<

Edited by Lobsterman

I would bet that we'll get an announcement on Marvel.com; it would seem weird if they ran a poll without any announcement of the results.

I'd be happy to be wrong, but I'm not expecting anything until they have the prototypes ready to show.

It would be cool if Zach could tell us whether or not Songbird came in dead last in her category though :whistling:

Yeah, that's probably true, but they could use design sheets and get the same effect.

Zach, it would be a cool way to do the reveals on here if you could sort of American Idol it for us; start with the lowest vote getter in each category and "eliminate" them so that the actual reveal coincides with the official announcement.

I hate it when they do that. No, we'll probably just reveal who won each category with what percentage, and who the variant figure is, if we can figure that part out in the next two weeks. Need to make a Sophie's choice of which runner-up to hold off on in favor of a cool, rare variant. Art won't be done, but maybe we'll have something to show... line-up will be pretty cool, regardless.

Zach, it would be a cool way to do the reveals on here if you could sort of American Idol it for us; start with the lowest vote getter in each category and "eliminate" them so that the actual reveal coincides with the official announcement.

I hate it when they do that. No, we'll probably just reveal who won each category with what percentage, and who the variant figure is, if we can figure that part out in the next two weeks. Need to make a Sophie's choice of which runner-up to hold off on in favor of a cool, rare variant. Art won't be done, but maybe we'll have something to show... line-up will be pretty cool, regardless.

So can we take that to mean the lineup is expected to be announced in two weeks (give or take a few days)?

So can we take that to mean the lineup is expected to be announced in two weeks (give or take a few days)?

I bet we can take that to mean that SDCC is in two weeks, and, if possible, they'd like to make the announcement there. I've no doubt that the line-up will be stellar no matter who wins.

Need to make a Sophie's choice of which runner-up to hold off on in favor of a cool, rare variant.

Well then I guess you'll just have to break down and make all of them, huh? :whistling:

I bet we can take that to mean that SDCC is in two weeks, and, if possible, they'd like to make the announcement there. I've no doubt that the line-up will be stellar no matter who wins.

Oh, yeah, duh. They'll probably reveal the winners at the panel.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to look gift horses in the mouths, but...Onslaught over Banshee, Mojo, & the Cuckoos? Ugh. I wanted him, but the least of all the X-characters.

I try to look at this positively as I'm sure everyone we voted on is considered for a future figure and I'm sure that they know fan interest on some of these to expect them coming in some form (wave, tru, con exclusive) sooner than later.