• Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Touching back on my last post for a moment...

I never understood why Thunderbird's Minimate had pupils & irises. In every costumed appearance of him I ever remember seeing (and there weren't even many) his eyes were whited out. And they definitely were in Giant Sized X-Men

That always made him look off to me.

Warpath's head might make for an acceptable quick update, but I'm not sure it would look good on the body. And Warpath isn't exactly the easiest minimate to come by once, let alone extras for spare parts, lol.

If they ever do a 90s Warpath to complete X-Force though, I'd call Thunderbird a prime freakin' candidate for a variant. Especially if we do get Banshee and Sunfire... that will make a new Thunderbird just feel... painfully necessary... to an X-Freak like me, lol...

They wore the same costume for a while, so they could frankly just call the figure Warpath, and include an alt head for Thunderbird. Then we'd all have a reason to buy two! lol...

Edited by Gillbob316

I am almost certain our votes will look nothing like the general vote pool. I can easily imagine Songbird being last by a longshot over there.

Why? Is she unpopular or obscure? I haven't read any recent (read: "Published within the last 15 years" :P) comics.

When you google Songbird, her first mention is on the third page.

Obscure

I am almost certain our votes will look nothing like the general vote pool. I can easily imagine Songbird being last by a longshot over there.

Yeah . . . yeah, i was afraid of that :sad:

Storm, Wolverine & Nightcrawler have been updated in those costumes, and Colossus is inc.

Are you counting the MvC3 Storm as a remake of her GSXM costume? If so I'd have to politely but vehemently disagree with that and say we absolutely need her re-made, along with Cyclops and Thunderbird. Heck, classic Professor X needs a remake at this point too.

Why? Is she unpopular or obscure? I haven't read any recent (read: "Published within the last 15 years" :P) comics.

Well - she's a female character to start with, which means that casual voters & little boys who ask their parents to buy them minimates are less likely to know or care about her. She's also had a great deal less exposure in the non-comics community. Gladiator & Banshee have both featured in the 90's X-Men cartoon. Luke Cage has been in EMH & SHS. Rogers is arguably a 'Cap Variant' and has had a recent MU figure. Winter Soldier has his own monthly title. BlackKnight might be a bit of an outsider, but being a guy i think will help him over Songbird. Falcon has had a few figures, including a recent MU Figure & a recurring role on SHS.

It all bodes for a pretty slim chance of seeing Songbird. :sad:

Obscure

While I won't argue that Songbird is obscure, I'll point out that I got to the 8th Google page before I gave up finding Rouge from the X-Men (Even the Rouge character from Sonic the Hedgehog showed up before the mutant did) :D

Edited by Shogi

Obscure

While I won't argue that Songbird is obscure, I'll point out that I got to the 8th Google page before I gave up finding Rouge from the X-Men (Even the Rouge character from Sonic the Hedgehog showed up before the mutant did) :D

You do realize her name is spelt Rogue and not Rouge right?

It all comes down to who is voting. If it's Marvel fans voting who could care less they probably aren't voting for Songbird. But if it's Minimate fans voting, there's a good chance they might be thinking like others on the board and pick Songbird for the same reasons.

Obscure

Probably because her name is spelled Rogue. :rolleyes:

Touching back on my last post for a moment...

I never understood why Thunderbird's Minimate had pupils & irises. In every costumed appearance of him I ever remember seeing (and there weren't even many) his eyes were whited out. And they definitely were in Giant Sized X-Men

That always made him look off to me.

Warpath's head might make for an acceptable quick update, but I'm not sure it would look good on the body. And Warpath isn't exactly the easiest minimate to come by once, let alone extras for spare parts, lol.

If they ever do a 90s Warpath to complete X-Force though, I'd call Thunderbird a prime freakin' candidate for a variant. Especially if we do get Banshee and Sunfire... that will make a new Thunderbird just feel... painfully necessary... to an X-Freak like me, lol...

They wore the same costume for a while, so they could frankly just call the figure Warpath, and include an alt head for Thunderbird. Then we'd all have a reason to buy two! lol...

That would break the "one one-and-done character per box set" rule though.

AoX

FF

Thor: Stormbreaker

Uncanny X-force

Heroic Age(s)

Uncanny 90s

That rule broke a LONG time ago. And, if it held up, you'd never get Wasp, ever, technically.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

AoX

FF

Uncanny X-force

Heroic Age(s)

Uncanny 90s

That rule broke a LONG time ago. And, if it held up, you'd never get Wasp, ever, technically.

Yeah... that's... kinda my thought. I don't think rules that applied in this line's infancy really hold up anymore.

How many Black Spider-Men do we have now? 4 or 5? lol...

Plenty of Boxed Set re-hashing to go around out there these days. And yes, even some characters that debuted in boxed sets: Pym, Bucky, Namor, Black Widow, Cannonball, Beta Ray Bill, probably more I'm missing. Lots of guys who started as new in a boxed set have had second go-arounds.

Honestly, I think the only real reason for a large amount of people to vote for her would be to complete the Thunderbolts (and yes, I know she has fans, and that there are people voting for her because they like her, but it's just not that big a group). Since your casual Marvel fan surfing Marvel.com and finding a poll to vote in won't care one whit about completing a team, I don't think she'll get a lot of support.

AoX

FF

Uncanny X-force

Heroic Age(s)

Uncanny 90s

Yes, not all box sets follow that rule. But those that do have one character just for that set that won't be released any other way. Thunderbird, Jewel, Hope, Sif, Kang, Grim Reaper, Basilisk, Hydroman, Ultimate Green Goblin, Valkyrie, Nitro, ect ect ect

AoX

FF

Uncanny X-force

Heroic Age(s)

Uncanny 90s

Yes, not all box sets follow that rule. But those that do have one character just for that set that won't be released any other way. Thunderbird, Jewel, Hope, Sif, Kang, Grim Reaper, Basilisk, Hydroman, Ultimate Green Goblin, Valkyrie, Nitro, ect ect ect

When did we get a basilisk Minimate?