• Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just occurs to me that this was the only poll Squirrel Girl could have fit in.

If you'll excuse me I'm going to go fall into a deep depression.

I don't think Squirrel Girl fit into this poll or any of the others. She's not a support character. If anything, I'd consider her in the same category as Deadpool were she's almost a heavy hitter. Although, troop building her would be fine with me.

I don't think Squirrel Girl fit into this poll or any of the others. She's not a support character. If anything, I'd consider her in the same category as Deadpool were she's almost a heavy hitter. Although, troop building her would be fine with me.

She probably wasn't in the poll because she's already planned for an upcoming wave.

It actually would be cool to have some tiny minimate squirrel accessories.

I think everyone's torn on this poll in some way but that didn't stop me from voting for Songbird the instant I saw her. The only thing I'm really confused about is all this talk about "completing the Thunderbolts"... sure Songbird would finish off the Ellis-Bolts, the post-Civil War shakeup that got me to drop a book that'd been on my pull list for years, but there's still plenty to draw from. I don't think we're going to be seeing Troll from the current title anytime soon, but there's always Mr. Hyde, right?

For all the people lamenting the lack of people for Gladiator to hang out with, you can always put him with Silver Surfer and Beta Ray Bill to form part of the Annihilators! Honestly, I think I'd be more depressed if they made more of the Imperial Guard to go with him as it'd be a reminder that every incarnation of the Legion in toy form has never stuck to one scale and there's no minimates for them coming soon. All that aside, he got my vote just because Gladiator's awesome and I'm hoping Vulcan shows up in the villains poll.

I dig all these choices except Commander Rogers who really is a prominent character masquerading as a support hero. Still, we got Ironman 2020 in the last poll who was an obscure villain masquerading as an A-list variant so I think Zach's been more than fair (and definitely clever) on our behalf. That said, I like the Super Soldier costume OK but have always been puzzled at comments like it being the best designed superhero costume of the past 20 years and whatnot :confused:

It was tough picking among the other characters but Gladiator edged out Dane as, by the time this wave is released, there'll have been a substantial gap in any cosmic characters (unless some pop up in wave 48 or whatever). I think Dane's a strong contender for a future Avengers wave (I, as always, recommend one based Under Siege the way that wave 43 was based on The Death of Jean DeWolff) though if the variant was the Nathanial Garrett Black Knight, I'd be there in a heartbeat, lack of Aragorn or Atomic Steed aside.

Breaks my heart not picking Banshee either but I hold out hope that we'll get Cockrum/Byne X-men as a wave in the future that'll get us Sunfire and updates for Thunderbird and 1st App Storm. Though if Black Tom's on the villains list I'll feel like a total schmuck.

Falcon would have been a tough choice for me had it not been the modern look. That made it an easier choice and not just because it reminds me of the disaster of the switched parts between the classic and modern versions of the Marvel Legends Falcon. Fun fact: Zemo's in the villain poll next week, and he MUST be as he's the one horse I HAVE to see win in this race, that'll be 3 characters from Marvel Legends wave 14!

I'm not much of a Luke Cage guy but I can respect him for possibly being the one time Bendis pushed a character and had it not be wearisome. Plus, he does need an update something fierce. This isn't my preferred look for him, but it is the closest he's had a real costume/uniform in ages. If it's the look his voters want though, that's awesome.

Really the only thing that puzzles me on this part of the poll is Winter Soldier as I wonder "Winter Soldier" is almost a better known name for Bucky than... Bucky. The clerk in a manga shop I visited in Paris today certainly knew him more by that name when he asked me about Brubaker comics. I guess it's kind of how people know Phoenix mostly as the Dark Phoenix because that's the name of the best known arc with the character. Maybe I'm crazy though.

Great choices though Zach! The fact that it was so hard to choose is the sign of a great poll and I'm glad so many of everyone's choice have appeared. That said, don't listen to anyone about the Thunderbolts being "complete" if you only make Songbird :lol:

Edited by lemonfreshviper22

What in the high holy hell?

No thank you, Marvel. No thank you, DST.

Yeah, they also created an Agent Coulson character for the 616 apparently. "House of Ideas" babay!

THAT I am perfectly fine with. Is it "super creative?" No. But it's a SHIELD Agent, of which there are many, making his 616 debut. The idea of there suddenly be a Samuel L Jackson character in the Marvel Universe proper is just weak. Putting him in Steve's old costume is only crappier. Though, if Commander Rogers gets released and Nick Jr. isn't his variant, I WILL need to track down two sets and an Avengers Movie Nick Fury. Just sayin.

with the possibility of Banshee, i wouldn't mind seeing his evil cousin - and Juggernaut's bff - Black Tom Cassidy in the villains poll!

While I'd love to see Tommy in the poll, I find it hard to believe there wouldn't be two other villains I'd choose over him. UNLESS he came with some crazy tree-head and limbs. THEN he might get my vote.

Really the only thing that puzzles me on this part of the poll is Winter Soldier as I wonder "Winter Soldier" is almost a better known name for Bucky than... Bucky. The clerk in a manga shop I visited in Paris today certainly knew him more by that name when he asked me about Brubaker comics. I guess it's kind of how people know Phoenix mostly as the Dark Phoenix because that's the name of the best known arc with the character. Maybe I'm crazy though.

Great choices though Zach! The fact that it was so hard to choose is the sign of a great poll and I'm glad so many of everyone's choice have appeared. That said, don't listen to anyone about the Thunderbolts being "complete" if you only make Songbird :lol:

Isn't the new Bucky series titled "Winter Soldier"? I'm sure all his friends call him Bucky, but the world at large thinks Bucky is dead. I haven't read the new series, but I imagine his enemies all call him WS?

And I don't think Songbird completes anything, but she's become a fairly high-profile character on her own.

That's just it though... as Bucky, he was the best friend/sidekick to the greatest hero ever. Since then, he's become a Soviet zombie assassin. Sure, he was Cyborg Captain America for a while, but I think "Bucky" IS a sign of respect.

But a lot of those closes to him DO call him James.

And I don't think Songbird completes anything, but she's become a fairly high-profile character on her own.

Yeah, about that:

Thunderbolts_Vol_1_110_Variant.jpg

And that right there is why I voted for her the instant this went up. This could be one of the (very?) few teams actually completed outside of FF and GSXM.

I would in no way complain if Songbird randomly came with a pair of white hands each holding a couple playing cards. Maybe no one would understand, but I sure as hell would be amazed and incredibly grateful.

Edited by The Geohound

Yeah, about that:

And that right there is why I voted for her the instant this went up. This could be one of the (very?) few teams actually completed outside of FF and GSXM.

I never noticed how they shunted Songbird to the background, as if to say "yeah, she's still in the book... We needed SOME connection to keep the old readers on". That said, Songbird completes my desire to have Songbird as well!

What do the characters in Winter Soldier call Bucky anyway? I'm sure Fury and Natasha use "James" but since the rest of the MU thinks he's dead, I'm not sure. What's Doom call him? I know he's been in the book

Edited by lemonfreshviper22

Yeah, about that:

Grrrr...why do Bullseye/Moonstone and Swordsman have to be so flipping rare and expensive!? :angry:

Yeah, about that:

And Cap's Kooky Quartet.

1338759573[/url]' post='229696']
1338699241[/url]' post='229639']
1338688288[/url]' post='229615']

Yeah, about that:

Grrrr...why do Bullseye/Moonstone and Swordsman have to be so flipping rare and expensive!? :angry:

Because they are so very exceptional and worth it? Well, Bullseye and Swordsman.

Edited by The Geohound

1338759573[/url]' post='229696']
1338699241[/url]' post='229639']
1338688288[/url]' post='229615']

Yeah, about that:

Because they are so very exceptional and worth it? Well, Bullseye and Swordsman.

I hope somewhere down the line we get new 'mates of those three...after they've released all the characters we all want (that haven't been made yet), of course.

We're still waiting on Banshee & Sunfire to complete GSXM, aren't we? :confused:

Not to mention Thunderbird is horribly and noticeably out of date.

Cyclops in the Giant-Sized costume is just as out of date, but it's not quite as noticeable.

Storm, Wolverine & Nightcrawler have been updated in those costumes, and Colossus is inc.

And if we want to get into the team they rescued, we don't technically have that Marvel Girl either. Though the rest are all covered. (Or at least, close enough in Iceman's case).

Not that I don't think you already know this, I'm just stating it for the record, lol...

Edited by Gillbob316