UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Dredd movie

Lobsterman

Judge Dredd: They are firing 20 milimeter caseless fletchette rounds at 300 meters. Their effective lethal range is 200 meters. You're safe. So what are you doing down there Judge Hershey?

Judge Hershey: Waiting for backup.

Judge Dredd: Its here. Let's move it out. Keep it simple. Single file, standard relay. I'll point. (to rookie Judge) You're last!

Judge Dredd: MegaCity municipal code 213, willful destruction of property, that's 2 years. Code 310, possession of illegal assault weapons, 5 years. Code 457, resisting arrest, 20 years!

(wounded citizen gets up leveling his weapon at Dredd from behind but is shot dead by Hershey from the doorway)

Judge Dredd: Thank you Hershey. And Code 3613, the first degree murder of a Street Judge...

Citizen: [pulling a gun from behind his belt] Let me guess, life. Yaaaah!

Judge Dredd: [turns around and shoots] Death. Court's adjourned.

tumblr_lz0g8ua2Y91qafqw8o1_500.gif

• 4 months later...

Is it me or does this trailer have a Blade Runner feel to it? Maybe the music and its gritty feel but it does look like it going to be good for sure!!

Edited by eclipse

I said it somewhere else here but the guys at SDCC10 from the 2000AD booth accompanied me to the DST stand & showed considerable enthusiasm about the Minimates they saw. I'm not a Dredd fanatic but there are plenty of people who are.

That would have been cool to see.

I dont want to speculate or anything but 2000ad like I said along time ago is a dream licence for me. I would say 2000ad is an untaped resource but I have this feeling that outside say Dredd, Strontium Dog, and Rogue Trooper its character recognition globally maybe a bit unknown.

I was looking forward to this movie until I saw this trailer.

Now it just looks like a rip off on Raid Redemption with more explosions and less martial arts.

Well to be fair the movie started filming around the same time as Raid, which sucks for the director because now people are thinking his movie is a rip off of the raid when really he knew nothing about Raid. Though the movie looks so bad and I can't even tell if they are trying to make it that bad because the script is just plain awful.

Hmmmm....I think I'll check it out once it goes to video. Seems like a mashup of the previous movie and multiple other action films. As much as I like Karl and Lena's acting abilities this trailer isn't doing either one of them justice. Then again, John Carter was the same way and I thought that was one of the best, underrated movies I'd seen in a long time :)

I'm always excited for anything Dredd related. Love that Lena Headey is the villain. You think that's the whole plot? bc they show what I assume to be the end events of the film then. I actually really love the Stallone film, so it will be hard to beat that. Not that Stallone's version is gospel, but I enjoyed it. In that version I liked the feel of the city, and outside the city's walls. My favorite aspect of the original was that robot the bad guy had, man that was so cool.

• 2 months later...

I like the concept behind Judge Dredd and his 2000AD books. I never liked the early art, so I didn't read it much. I had hope for the Stallone Dredd, but thats ALMOST like having hope for anything Nick Cage does... fruitless. It wasn't horrible, IMO, but could have been loads better. Again, IMO, I think Dredd has a cool story to tell. Hopefully they got it right, because I don't think there will ever be a third chance, if they didn't. My biggest worry is Karl Urban. I like him, but he tends to over act, IMO.

I did see it on release night, thoroughly enjoyed it. It was almost grounded, and scarily didn't feel too far in the future. Probably an 8/10, though while there was no obvious tie in to a next film, it did feel a bit like the next one will be a far grander affair, perhaps with a bigger budget n' all.

No reason they can't turn this into a 2000AD franchise, much like Marvel.

• 2 weeks later...

Well holy crap. I am honestly quite surprised I liked this movie this much. Not only is it a nifty story (and I understand the Raid comparisons, but they were filmed at the same time.) but it was a very artistic film. Like... I haven't seen carnage this beautiful in years. Incredible crazy stuff. I want more Judge Dredd. I want a lot more Judge Dredd. I'll be tracking down some comics probably and I REALLY want this movie to get a sequel. Badly. Too bad it probably won't. At least unless word of mouth just saves it.

This movie got me to love this character. And that's success to me.

I did see it on release night, thoroughly enjoyed it. It was almost grounded, and scarily didn't feel too far in the future. Probably an 8/10, though while there was no obvious tie in to a next film, it did feel a bit like the next one will be a far grander affair, perhaps with a bigger budget n' all.

No reason they can't turn this into a 2000AD franchise, much like Marvel.

2000AD is rife with film possibility's. Dredd sequels (Cursed Earth first plz with Angel Gang, leading onto the Dark Judges for a third movie.)

Rogue Trooper: The whole orginal story arc with the Quartz Zone Massacre is just begging to be a movie.

Strontium Dog: I know this guy is a big fave and I like him myself but I cant think of a good way to get his story on the big screen without it being really messy plot wise.

Nikoli Dante: one of the more modernish 2000ad cast but another one that for me is perfect for a few movies. A big Sci-fi Swashbuckler Pirate tongue in cheek movie or 3

Button Man: I know the rights to this are all ready somewhere in LaLa Land just a shame its not been done yet.

An a personal old fav of mine...Flesh. I have always thought that Flesh would make a great movie. Its so stuffed to the gills with fanboy stuff. Cowboys, dinosaurs, time travel. From way back in the 70's originally I would love if they made this into a movie.

I like the concept behind Judge Dredd and his 2000AD books. I never liked the early art, so I didn't read it much.

I'm going to just assume you mean the art before Brian Bolland came aboard. 'Cause if you're saying you don't like Brian Bolland... that's just crazy talk there.

Well holy crap. I am honestly quite surprised I liked this movie this much. Not only is it a nifty story (and I understand the Raid comparisons, but they were filmed at the same time.) but it was a very artistic film. Like... I haven't seen carnage this beautiful in years. Incredible crazy stuff. I want more Judge Dredd. I want a lot more Judge Dredd. I'll be tracking down some comics probably and I REALLY want this movie to get a sequel. Badly. Too bad it probably won't. At least unless word of mouth just saves it.

This movie got me to love this character. And that's success to me.

I think that's really cool. I wish more of these comic book movies would have that effect. It reminds me of Scott Pilgrim (another movie that struggled to find an audience); I didn't have much interest in the books, but after seeing the movie I wanted to read the books, which is a success to me as well. Of course, I still haven't read the books... :blush: Maybe now that the color version's coming out.