UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

Believe it or not, Maria Hill actually has her own embargo date. And she's the short-packed figure, I believe. The Aunt May of this wave.

BONUS: Apparently, the REDACTED name spread to Marvel.com a while back, and they couldn't figure out why people were saying the villains were called the REDACTED. Apparently, it was my fault. :whistling:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think more needs to be said about that awesome trench coat Fury's spotting. Er... it's awesome.

Sad that the Widow's not using that great holster belt from the first figure, the best Minimate holster IMHO. And... is that a second belt around her waist? :confused:

Hawkeye's arrows do look removable in that pic. If that's the case, you've got your early Accessory of the Year favorite right there.

EDIT: My four- year- old just came up to see what I was doing. I showed her the picture above, and she said "Captain America?! You already have Captain America! And that one, and that one, and that one...". Out of the mouths of babes.... :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Edited by hellpop

The only thing I am disappointed about is that we don't get to see the new bow for Hawkeye. There must be a new bow, otherwise they would have just shown the old bow, right?

He has one of those composite bows, so they'd have to make a new sculpt.

The "SHIELD and Loki" pic made me smile, they look so great; every time i see them, i picture Widow and Hawkeye's badass first appearance in Ultimates. Loki looks great; the gold could be a little more yellow but it's a big improvement over the Thor one. Is that a new Helmet i see??

Oh, and Cap's booties rock. Very nice.

So... Loki apparently raided Rick Flair's "Four Horsemen" closet for his new robe. Nifty stick though. Shame about no mullet.

Love Shaft Fury's new coat.

Hawkeye's mate is a great representation of a bad costume. JMO

Why does Hulk have a look of dull surprise? Not sure if he should be saying "Hulk Smash" or "who farted?"

And congratz to Zach for officially giving the villains their unofficial name. Enjoy the fame!

Just had a thought, would movie Hawkeye work as a stand in for comic Hawkeye's brother? What's that character's name anyway?

That'd be Barney Barton, CLint's thought deceased (until recently) brother who has taken up the name Trickshot when not prancing around as Hawkeye in Osborn's New Dark Avengers.

So yeah, that'd probably work.

That'd be Barney Barton, CLint's thought deceased (until recently) brother who has taken up the name Trickshot when not prancing around as Hawkeye in Osborn's New Dark Avengers.

So yeah, that'd probably work.

Thank you sir. Does he have a costume of his own, or is he limited to wearing Hawkeye's fatigues?

Here's a photoshopped pic of the Avengers. I took away the hulk's exposed neck and shrunk his head ever so slightly. Looks better now (and probably what we'll be getting in the end. I also raised Captain America's mouth so it wasn't on his chin any more.

phpPSPKo8AvengersMinimates1.jpg

Do mine eyes deceive me or does the Hulk appear to be wearing purple(ish) pants?:huh:

Maybe, I'm seeing more of a dark tan, almost grey. Nothing close to the tan of the Hasbro figure though.

Here's a photoshopped pic of the Avengers. I took away the hulk's exposed neck and shrunk his head ever so slightly. Looks better now (and probably what we'll be getting in the end. I also raised Captain America's mouth so it wasn't on his chin any more.

That looks a lot better, but hopefully they get Cap's mask right too.

I have to say, Thor is really the low point of this wave, I just can't get into this 'mate for some reason. The Thor movie 'mate was great, but this hair just doesn't work for the figure.

Edited by youbastards

I have to say, Thor is really the low point of this wave, I just can't get into this 'mate for some reason. The Thor movie 'mate was great, but this hair just doesn't work for the figure.

Yeah, I keep stumbling over him also. He just screams "I was a studio musician in the '80's".

that's what i'm trying to ask but the blog doesn't reveal my latest comments:(

I just thought you guys should know I did turn up to the live blog, but about 5 minutes in it stopped sending my comments, i was typing stuff out but it wasn't sending through or showing up either so i left. :confused:

It was nice to see the reveals of the Select figures and the couple of minimates I did see were very nicely done.

Rich

I believe there was a decent amount of lag as well as moderation on their side. Seeing as I never saw my Lee Burns comment make it to the blog....

The Marvel.com guys approve every comment. Otherwise it would be a constant stream of curse words and people asking off-topic questions. Sorry the Lee Burns shout-out didn't make it on.

I meant to double-check that Cap's face tampo was off before I posted it anywhere, and it's possible he Hulk's head wasn't on all the way, but I don't see how Hulk's head would be smaller than what was shown.